THE BROWNS BOARD

Roth Still Waiting... Surprise.

KentLife

Find it funny that Matt Roth is still yet to be signed by anyone. Even funnier is that Sabby Piscitelli was signed by the Chiefs before he was signed. Only team interested in him that i've read about is the Cowboys because of Ryan but I don't think they need him or have the cap.

Find it funny that Matt Roth is still yet to be signed by anyone. Even funnier is that Sabby Piscitelli was signed by the Chiefs before he was signed. Only team interested in him that i've read about is the Cowboys because of Ryan but I don't think they need him or have the cap.

Aren't the Cleveland Browns interested?

I always liked him. He would make a good DE in our 4-3 IMO.

He wants his big payday, which is no easy task at the moment. I think he needs to prove himself still.

Yes he would, he would also fit in well at LOLB

he seemed pretty good over the past couple seasons. you sayin hes average bc he doesnt wanna play for the browns anymore? ive been pretty impressed when i see him play and ive mentioned several times on other boards that i think hes one of the most underrated players in the league

he seemed pretty good over the past couple seasons. you sayin hes average bc he doesnt wanna play for the browns anymore? ive been pretty impressed when i see him play and ive mentioned several times on other boards that i think hes one of the most underrated players in the league

Unfortunately, what you think means absolutely nothing.

But I bet Roth sure is happy that you think he's underrated. That probably helps him sleep at night.

I'm saying roth is average at best because he is. He is too slow to be a great lb and too small and slow to be a great defensive end..

I would say the lack of interest by all the teams in the league shows what he is..

He will never make a pro bowl..

Are we interested? I heard he sent an e-mail to every team stating that he would play for 1 year for 3 mil.

Roth is 275 lbs, certainly big enough to play DE in a 4-3. Anyone know what vet minimum is these days? Yeah- he had a decent year in 2010 (his one and only) and now he wants to get paid.

What will work in his favor is assuming the injury bug keeps biting teams, someone may be desperate enough to pay him his asking price.

He is a very slightly above average player that wants to much money for his services, like braylon edwards if he wants to play football this year his agent needs to lower his overhead asking price and seek an incentive laden contract..

He doesn't want to play in a 4-3....

Read that again....

I didn't say he did, I just said that the statements about him being too small and too slow for DE are false. I personally think he would do better playing DE than OLB, but if that's what he really wants to do then who can really stop him.

The "arguably" best LB on a bottom 5, 10 if your being polite, always seems like he is pretty good.

He is an average at best LB in this league. I am sure I can name off at least 20+ LBs that I would take over him. He is slow. Period.

thank god his natural position is DE then right?

hes going to play on a team that runs a lot of 3-4 sets.

there are many teams showing interest in him according to pft including the saints, cardinals, and broncos.

i think its funny that you guys hate on players that play in cleveland and guys that dont wanna play there anymore. whos left to love?....oh wait you guys always want the backup QB to play

But it does mean ur average at best...

not at all. the pro bowl is for the elite players in the league. there is a huge difference between elite and average which means there are a lot of players that can fall in between those 2 areas. matt roth is one of many who is a talented and versatile contributor that i consider a good player and clearly above average

not at all. the pro bowl is for the elite players in the league. there is a huge difference between elite and average which means there are a lot of players that can fall in between those 2 areas. matt roth is one of many who is a talented and versatile contributor that i consider a good player and clearly above average

He's average, face it.

thank god his natural position is DE then right?

hes going to play on a team that runs a lot of 3-4 sets.

there are many teams showing interest in him according to pft including the saints, cardinals, and broncos.

i think its funny that you guys hate on players that play in cleveland and guys that dont wanna play there anymore. whos left to love?....oh wait you guys always want the backup QB to play

Who says he doesn't want to play here anymore? What I am reading is that he will play where he can get the most money, here, there, anywhere. His devotion is to his wallet. If the Browns pony up the most, he will don the orange and seal brown. If not, he will go elsewhere where they will pay him a farthing more.

Fair to say?

Roth seems to be one of those kind of guys who just doesn't "get it". He's a talented enough player but seems to wear out his welcome in the various places he's played. Is it ego? I'm not sure.

I still think the Browns could use some of his special skills in terms of getting to the QB. His cover skills....well....

WRREBEL you and the other guy are right Matt Roth at best is average period there is no arguing it don't let these other posters try to convince you the nickel is a dollar can't compare the two.

But i will laugh my ass off if peyton hillis runs his ass over when we play the jags i am talking a monster crushing don't try to tackle me again bitch type of run over.

Archived