THE BROWNS BOARD

Preseason Rankings

Halfbreed216

LOL. We need to get the "like" button working again. I think it's time to kick Skippy off of his barstoll and get this place in shape for season. I think he's been drowning himself in umbrella drinks since his little league team got spanked all the way homed from Cooperstown.

Z

There is something of interest here, but Browns fans won't like it. Beside the fact that this will be a long list of articles in which nobody is impressed with us, you can see that the teams who DO get spotlight, and who do get to the playoffs are teams who have players who cause excitement when they touch the ball.

We don't have those kinds of players, and as such means all this building through the draft and sticking to the plan bullshit will again deliver a crap team.

Atlanta hosed Cleveland. They got a future HOF er, and we got nothing of note.

How exciting it will be to see Gerrard Warren reincarnated

How do you know that Atlanta didn't just get Braylon Edwards reincarnated? Or Steve Holden, or Charles Rogers?

Gipper,

NOBODY knows that. HOWEVER, a single guy who goes to a bar and never asks out the Carmen Electra look alikes will without debate go through his life without ever having been with that caliber of a woman.

The guy we drafted will has absolutely no chance of ever being a SB MVP. He won't ever singlehandedly win games, and for sure won't score touchdowns.

Conversely, people that draft players like Atlanta did with OUR pick......... will, even if by dumb luck, hit that jackpot.

Forget if this guy pans out or not, that is simply icing on the cake. Atlanta's pick has the potential to make a HUGE difference.... IMMEDIATELY. Ours does not.

I am not sure I necessarily agree with you that a defensive tackle cannot make a huge difference. A truly outstanding one CAN make a huge difference, maybe not in a flashy way that a WR perhaps can, but they certainly can make a difference. It made a difference for the Browns to have Michael Dean Perry at DT and before that Jerry Sherk, and I can guarntee you that it made a hell of a difference to the teams that had the following players at DT for them: Mean Joe Green, Buck Buchanan, Bob Lilly, Randy White, Merlin Olsen, Alan Page, Reggie White. Of course, sure, Phil Taylor would need to step up to that kind of level. Naturally there is no saying he will....but there is no saying he won't either.

No matter who one drafts, the odds are tough that the guy is going to make it. BUt when you have HIGH draft picks and you squander them on shit positions that will make very little impact? Then you deserve to be a loser like the Browns are.

Each and every year I come hear to read this apologetic bullshit about how NEXT year we will have the system in place to start getting some playmakers in. That day NEVER comes. Why? Because it is and always shall be that the Jim Browns, Jerry Rice and Joe Motana's of the world make the Gene Hickerson and Joe Thomases look good.

Every year guys here post over and over and over how well we are going to do IF a few of our long shot, low profile talent steps up like we hope and think they will.

DUDE....... EVERY NFL team has a bunch of these kinds of players who..... if they emerge, will improve their team. The odds that any one team is going to have more of those pan out for them are non-existent.

Colt versus Big Ben

Anyone we have versus Hines Ward..................

Do you see where this is going? Year after year we have igh drsft picks and year after year we shy away from the kind of players that winners go after.

Colt was a third rounder....to me, if he plays even a few years that is getting good value out of that pick

Hey, nobody is a bigger Browns fan than me, but be realistic about it for Christ's sake. We play in the "B" market for players and we are a second tier team. That's the reality of it. Lerner is a 5 - 11 owner. Nuff said.

We are only in a "B" market right now because the team isn't winning. For a non-winning team Cleveland is an A+ market because of the enthusiasm of the fans. Hopefully Lerner has had his fill of 5-11 teams, that he won't be satified with 40 years of losing like Art Rooney was. 10-12 years has been enough.

Gipper,

NOBODY knows that. HOWEVER, a single guy who goes to a bar and never asks out the Carmen Electra look alikes will without debate go through his life without ever having been with that caliber of a woman.

The guy we drafted will has absolutely no chance of ever being a SB MVP. He won't ever singlehandedly win games, and for sure won't score touchdowns.

Conversely, people that draft players like Atlanta did with OUR pick......... will, even if by dumb luck, hit that jackpot.

Forget if this guy pans out or not, that is simply icing on the cake. Atlanta's pick has the potential to make a HUGE difference.... IMMEDIATELY. Ours does not.

No matter who one drafts, the odds are tough that the guy is going to make it. BUt when you have HIGH draft picks and you squander them on shit positions that will make very little impact? Then you deserve to be a loser like the Browns are.

Each and every year I come hear to read this apologetic bullshit about how NEXT year we will have the system in place to start getting some playmakers in. That day NEVER comes. Why? Because it is and always shall be that the Jim Browns, Jerry Rice and Joe Motana's of the world make the Gene Hickerson and Joe Thomases look good.

Every year guys here post over and over and over how well we are going to do IF a few of our long shot, low profile talent steps up like we hope and think they will.

DUDE....... EVERY NFL team has a bunch of these kinds of players who..... if they emerge, will improve their team. The odds that any one team is going to have more of those pan out for them are non-existent.

Colt versus Big Ben

Anyone we have versus Hines Ward..................

Do you see where this is going? Year after year we have igh drsft picks and year after year we shy away from the kind of players that winners go after.

Hey, nobody is a bigger Browns fan than me, but be realistic about it for Christ's sake. We play in the "B" market for players and we are a second tier team. That's the reality of it. Lerner is a 5 - 11 owner. Nuff said.

Your my new hero i thought i wrote this, i agree with you on pretty much everything.

Archived