THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Ten is a Disgrace

rich4eagle

Penn State is getting dismantled by USC (my alma mater) at half time. That would run the Big Ten bowl record to 1-5 with three teams getting completely demolished in Minnesota and Penn State and Wisconsin. And one team beaten soundly Michigan State and one team losing in overtime Northwestern.

The Buckeyes remain the last hope to prevent Burial for the Big Ten. I have defended that conference in the last several years as it has slowly disintegrated.

I think the Buckeyes will beat Texas and save the conference total disgrace and 12 months of total abuse that is to come........................of course 90% of America believes otherwise and thinks Texas will manhandle them.

If the Buckeyes do get spanked it marks the end of the Big Ten as meaningful

on a more serious note.......

They say the surgey at St. Francis was a success and the nose and tube were both removed successfully.......

Penn State is not helping themselves, and once the ball got rolling it was over. Sanchez is sick.

The Big Ten was doomed when the Beavers got beat. It set up all these games as mismatches.

Wisconsin took the biggest dump, FSU is not that good.

I agree. The Big Ten had a lot of unfavorable matchups. The only favored team is Iowa and they won convincingly. However, the Big Ten is down this year. I just hope tOSU can win. I am starting to hate all of the bad publicity that the Big Ten takes, especially my beloved Buckeyes. Makes me want to hit someone.

"Show me a gracious loser, and I'll show you a bus boy." - Woody Hayes

I agree. The Big Ten had a lot of unfavorable matchups. The only favored team is Iowa and they won convincingly. However, the Big Ten is down this year. I just hope tOSU can win. I am starting to hate all of the bad publicity that the Big Ten takes, especially my beloved Buckeyes. Makes me want to hit someone.

"Show me a gracious loser, and I'll show you a bus boy." - Woody Hayes

Yeah...stupid matchups. Why do they have to match Big Ten teams up against teams that are better? Jeez, whatever happened to wanting to play the best competition available? When you're happy that Iowa could beat a lousy South Carolina team (and yes, that lousy South Carolina team blew out my lousy Tennessee team this year), that's not a lot to hang your hat on.

Maybe the Big Ten could take the Notre Dame route, opt out of the Rose Bowl, and work out a deal where the winner gets to play Hawaii every year.

Dennis

Atleast the Big Ten didnt back down to stiffer competition like the ACC pussies did!

you are only as good as your competition!

and USC would of beaten the Browns this year! sorry but its true. They have more Heart!

I am glad RAC and Simple Phil are gone!

They were noting before the Rose bowl that on USC's defense that every starter could be drafted in thefirst round and start on any NFL team! USC got Screwed out of the Championship game by a heavy favored SEC Conference Favorite BCS. This years Championship game will be good to watch but Florida and Oklahama cant even hold USC's Jock Straps! Those guys play at a different level which is closer to a Pro Team!

As far as the BIg Ten They need to stop playing so xxxxing soon, and need to add in a Big Ten championship game so that there best teamswill be ready to play these bowl games you cant pick up and play 6 to 7 weeks later after your season has ended and expect to compete!

Atleast the Big Ten didnt back down to stiffer competition like the ACC pussies did!

you are only as good as your competition!

and USC would of beaten the Browns this year! sorry but its true. They have more Heart!

I am glad RAC and Simple Phil are gone!

They were noting before the Rose bowl that on USC's defense that every starter could be drafted in thefirst round and start on any NFL team! USC got Screwed out of the Championship game by a heavy favored SEC Conference Favorite BCS. This years Championship game will be good to watch but Florida and Oklahama cant even hold USC's Jock Straps! Those guys play at a different level which is closer to a Pro Team!

As far as the BIg Ten They need to stop playing so xxxxing soon, and need to add in a Big Ten championship game so that there best teamswill be ready to play these bowl games you cant pick up and play 6 to 7 weeks later after your season has ended and expect to compete!

It's would *have*. Would HAVE. HAVE.

...erhem, now that I've gotten that off my chest...

No college team could beat any NFL team, even the Detroit Lions. In fact the Lions would demolish the best college team so terribly it would be painful to watch.

But I agree USC should have been in the NC. Just because they had one off day and lost a game to a weak team, people wrote them off as over-rated. Can you imagine what the NFL would be like if people had that attitude and policy towards teams? I'm guessing the Giants wouldn't have been allowed to play in the Super Bowl because of their "obvious inferiority".

USC lost on the ROAD on a Thursday night to a team that won 8 of its last 9 games and was 5 - 3 against bowl teams and also played 3 BCS teams, two out of conference and I believe that bad team had one of the hardest schedules in America. Going 1 - 2 against the teams in BCS games but should have gone 2 -1. And though it was an ugly game they did win their bowl game without their two best players. Florida lost at HOME to not as good of an opponent as USC and got vaulted into the championship game.

I just wish that USC and Texas would have played because that would have been the actual national championship game. Instead, well probably not so good of a games as both should win fairly easy.

Archived