THE BROWNS BOARD

Congrats On Breaking In The "o" Browns !

BUNSofSTEEL08

Browns looked pretty good Saturday (Per Season Aside) Steelers Crappy. Just wanted to say Congrats , for what its worth this time of year. It HAD to feel better than what we saw Friday. This may ...be an Interesting Season. Glad Football is Back !!

Browns looked pretty good Saturday (Per Season Aside) Steelers Crappy. Just wanted to say Congrats , for what its worth this time of year. It HAD to feel better than what we saw Friday. This may ...be an Interesting Season. Glad Football is Back !!

Thanks for the kind words. It's nice to see you still hang around here and I appreciate you not being an arrogant Steeler prick.

P.s. I still find your altered name hilarious.

Thanks for the kind words. It's nice to see you still hang around here and I appreciate you not being an arrogant Steeler prick.

What he said... it's nice to hear nice things. It was also nice to get on the board and not see ten threads about the Steelers losing that game. I didn't have time to watch it so I dunno what happened but pre season is pre season. (I also find the altered name quite humorous)

I never even heard the outcome of any Steeler game. It is irrelevent of course what the outcome was.

thanks for the good words about the browns BUNS.

that being said: i'll never feel sorry for the steelers. they always find a way to compete for the division crown year in and year out.

to all those who didn't see it the thirty second espn blurb about the steelers preseason game vs. washington was how 'concerned' steeler nation must be about their OL.

it's preaseason, geeez.

thanks for the good words about the browns BUNS.

that being said: i'll never feel sorry for the steelers. they always find a way to compete for the division crown year in and year out.

to all those who didn't see it the thirty second espn blurb about the steelers preseason game vs. washington was how 'concerned' steeler nation must be about their OL.

it's preaseason, geeez.

If history is anything to go by there certainly may be reason for "concern" IF you are a Steeler fan. After their Super Bowl in 2005 they went 8-8 the next year and missed the playoffs. After their Super Bowl in 2008 they went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Those were years after they won. Not two weeks ago I posted the fate of the Super Bowl losers of the last 20 years. Here is what that looks like:

Here is the fate of the Super Bowl losers for the last 20 years in the year following their Super Bowl lost:

1991 Bills lost the Super Bowl

1992 Bills lost the Super Bowl

1993 Bills went 7-9 no playoffs

1994 Chargers went 9-7 no playoffs

1995 Steelers went 10-6 lost in Division round

1996 Patriots went 10-6 lost in Division round

1997 Packers went 11-5 lost in Wild Card round

1998 Falcons went 5-11 no playoffs

1999 Titans went 13-3 lost in Division round

2000 Giants went 7-9 no playoffs

2001 Rams went 7-9 no playoffs

2002 Raiders went 4-12 no playoffs

2003 Panthers went 7-9 no playoffs

2004 Eagles 6-10 no playoffs

2005 Seahawks 9-7 lost Division round

2006 Bears 7-9 no playoffs

2007 Patriots 11-5 but missed playoffs

2008 Cardinals 10-6 lost Division round

2009 Colts 10-6 lost in Wild card round

2010 Steelers ???

So, notice, Super Bowl losers don't fare that well. Again, I am just point out the historical trends here. Whether or not that trend holds up with this year's Steelers, of course, remains to be seen.

Hey I worked Hard on These Buns !! Ha HA ..by the way Colt STILL Getting it done. Up and Downs ahead , but he is for real. As far as an Arrogant Steeler Prick... ha ha we have a few of them. Many others feel fortunate to have had so many good seasons. Hopefully this is another one. Actually Hope you guys make a playoff Run as well. Time to Turn up the Rivalry again.

If history is anything to go by there certainly may be reason for "concern" IF you are a Steeler fan. After their Super Bowl in 2005 they went 8-8 the next year and missed the playoffs. After their Super Bowl in 2008 they went 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Those were years after they won. Not two weeks ago I posted the fate of the Super Bowl losers of the last 20 years. Here is what that looks like:

Here is the fate of the Super Bowl losers for the last 20 years in the year following their Super Bowl lost:

1991 Bills lost the Super Bowl

1992 Bills lost the Super Bowl

1993 Bills went 7-9 no playoffs

1994 Chargers went 9-7 no playoffs

1995 Steelers went 10-6 lost in Division round

1996 Patriots went 10-6 lost in Division round

1997 Packers went 11-5 lost in Wild Card round

1998 Falcons went 5-11 no playoffs

1999 Titans went 13-3 lost in Division round

2000 Giants went 7-9 no playoffs

2001 Rams went 7-9 no playoffs

2002 Raiders went 4-12 no playoffs

2003 Panthers went 7-9 no playoffs

2004 Eagles 6-10 no playoffs

2005 Seahawks 9-7 lost Division round

2006 Bears 7-9 no playoffs

2007 Patriots 11-5 but missed playoffs

2008 Cardinals 10-6 lost Division round

2009 Colts 10-6 lost in Wild card round

2010 Steelers ???

So, notice, Super Bowl losers don't fare that well. Again, I am just point out the historical trends here. Whether or not that trend holds up with this year's Steelers, of course, remains to be seen.

I Agree... complatency NOT an option in Todays NFL. Team Rise Fast and Fade without warning. Better be focused. The Steelers SHOULD Know better by now . We seen it twice the past few yrs.

Archived