THE BROWNS BOARD

Mccoy - Favre, Tressel - Browns

1 more season

Being that the 3 heads of this regime are of one mind our system will eventually be built completely around colt if he proves to be the man..

The way its looking it may already be building in that manner..

As fans i think many of us are sick of changing regimes/coaches as it assures we get nowhere beyond mediocrity in a reasonably timely fashion, however at the same time many of us realize that conditions cant improve much or any at all if we have the wrong people making the wrong decisions consistently at any level of the teams football operations side of the business..Right?

For years we have had nothing but the wrong people often inexperienced in building a winning team from scratch and feeling immense pressure to find a way to win now, but by doing it this way it only brought more mediocrity and bad longterm drafting, because of poor or no planning these same regimes/coaches also had a tendency to be secretive and often were both press and fan unfriendly which is just unacceptable to some of us.

I for one am feeling really good about HH&S we finally have a genuinely competent regime that fully understands the nuances of building a winning football team, MH is an awesome president that is very involved in the process of getting this club winning but the best thing he has done by far was convincing tom heckert to come to cleveland, This is what a good president does is get the best GM they can one that shares a similar vision...

I am also really liking H&h choice of shurmur for HC as well, i have nothing but good vibes about this guy and jauron as well...

These men will build the browns back to a highly competitive championship caliber team in just a couple more years but in the meantime we as fans can watch a real contender in the making with all its ups and downs and know for sure that this time its going to happen..

I am fully onboard!

So Colt called Brett for a little tutoring this summer. Smart Kid!!!!

http://espn.go.com/n...wns-new-offense

Coach Tressel visits Browns practice today. Thank you, Senator!

http://espn.go.com/n...leveland-browns

There are several great history reviews on Tressel's marvelous career. I hope he resumes doing what he does best WIN somewhere in Ohio

I'll tell you what, Colt has to prove it on the field this year but this is most excited I've been about a Browns QB in a very, very long time. He's doing all the right things and hopefully that last pre-season game is a sign of good things to come. Go Browns!

Just watched Colt's press conference from yesterday talking about working with Brett. Man, Colt looks young (24). Favre became a starting when Colt was 5 and for him to call him up and say "can you help me" takes balls. This makes me like Brett again. I was so sick of his shit the last few years. On a personal note I was lucky enough to work, coach, play and train with a NHL / WHA legend for about 5 years while in my 30's and even that late in age it made me a better player. Can you imagine what the ol' gunslinger can do for a young gun that he actually likes. Not like Aaron Rodgers who Brett hated.

I'm trying to look at this season with guarded optimism. I hope I don't get carried away with too high of expectations. Last year I had next to none then got tricked into being excited only to be let down in the end. Thanks mangenious.

Another thing, who are all of these high school receivers that Brett and his pupils have been throwing to these last few years in Hattiesburg? Remember Larry Fitzgerald learned a lot from Chris Carter while he was a Vikings ball boy as a teen. Somebody get the names of these Mississippi kids and follow them through college.

There are several great history reviews on Tressel's marvelous career. I hope he resumes doing what he does best WIN somewhere in Ohio

I have a feeling Tressel will eventually wind up coaching in the pros- if he feels like it. He certainly doesn't need the money. Doubtful he could ever go back to college coaching.

I have a feeling Tressel will eventually wind up coaching in the pros- if he feels like it. He certainly doesn't need the money. Doubtful he could ever go back to college coaching.

Maybe he could end up coaching at Baldwin-Wallace at the division III level like his dad did.

That is the purest form of coaching. No scholarships, no agents, no crapola.

Like you said, he doesn't need the money. At that level he could just coach for the love of coaching.

[/quote

well if he does I hope it is the Browns.........since all he did for 25 years is win and win big.........and then got thrown under the bus because of rules gone stupid

Ooooh, I feel soooo good. Colt is doing all the right things................The FO is doing all the right things........We finally have a regime that knows how to win and will build a championship team in Cleveland......................

If you recall, Tim Couch was doing "all the right thigs, too", Working on his mechanics, studying longer and harder than anyone else, being a good student and letting himself be mentored.............

Blah Blah Blah Blah Fookeddy Blah................ Meaningless, Useless Bullshidt.

I dont' ever remember Dan Marino going to perform fellatio on Griese, don't remember Montanta tossing Brodie's salad, don't remember McNair kneeling for Moon, either.

Exactly what experience and accomplishment does Brett Favre have as a QB coach? Being that Colt is physically nothing like Favre, what is it that Favre can teach this kid? Favre made a career throwing balls that only a cannon arm could have made happen......... how does he teach that to colt? Likewise, he made a career throwing interceptions, getting his ass pounded in scrambles........ and on it goes.

Favre is nothing like Colt, so it make no sense that Favre could be a good coach to him.

Given that Favre is NOT a classic QB, but instead a VERY VERY unorthodox QB, why would you want your QB going to him for advice?

Again, instead of the Browns organization searching for talent based on an overall team culture, the way the Steelers do it, WE CONTINUE TO GIVE BLOWJOBS TO EX PLAYERS, COACHES and EXECS because what? Oh yeah, we believe that their schidt is going to magically rub off on us.

Palmer, Debartolo, Clarke, Sewage, Crennell.............. and now? Wolford Brimely!

You want to know why the Browns keep stinking to high heaven? There you have it in a nutshell. Instead of seeking out people who have the proper football culture, we instead get all mushy over hasbeens who 20 years after their heyday decide to milk the most gullible fans in the world.

Colt is a promising QB in preseason.

Colt is a decent QB against weak teams or teams that are off on any given Sunday.

Colt is an average QB with an average arm on game day, when he under 4 quarters of pressure.

Getting rear entered by Brett Favre may make Colt run a bit faster for a few hours, but in the end, it will screw him up because Favre will have Colt doing things that don't come natural to his style.

These kinds of news stories are fodder for fools.

with you with the stupidity here and in brownstown for years...........not with you on Colt...........Favre as a mentor was stupid............however Colt may have that winner ingredient............lets see what happens........time to be postive for now...........hell we stink going in let's see if Tressel can whisper into the ears of management and teach them how to win

I almost forgot how dumb a true KGL post could be. Bitch bitch bitch negative negative negative.

Who said Brett was teaching colt to be like him physically that doesn't even make sense. Using your logic a coach must have the same physical qualities of there players. Right.

He was showing him the WCO an offense he ran for 20 yrs.

So go ahead and fire back a few hundred words referencing bj's, rear ending or any other fantasies you have

Has anyone thought for a moment that Tressel may have been pimping Pryor to the Browns.

If there's even a supplemental draft this year T. Pryor would be worthless to the Browns this season, can't see H&H wasting a draft pick on him, unless he falls really far.

with you with the stupidity here and in brownstown for years...........not with you on Colt...........Favre as a mentor was stupid............however Colt may have that winner ingredient............lets see what happens........time to be postive for now...........hell we stink going in let's see if Tressel can whisper into the ears of management and teach them how to win

Wow... looks like only superbowl winners and the best of the best can coach people now. That's gonna leave a shortage of coaches.

Getting mentored by a guy who's been in the NFL as long as Farve is not stupid. Colt's a young guy learning from an old vet. This is something our WRs should do too, but no one will pick up a vet WR for some reason.

Wow... looks like only superbowl winners and the best of the best can coach people now. That's gonna leave a shortage of coaches.

Getting mentored by a guy who's been in the NFL as long as Farve is not stupid. Colt's a young guy learning from an old vet. This is something our WRs should do too, but no one will pick up a vet WR for some reason.

A few THINGS Favre never ran the west coast offense....he ran the gunslinger offense with one Super Bowl win and one loss.......not even in the category of Ben or Brady or Peyton or the Cowboy.....and he basically stank the last seven or ten years.....................and is narcissistic at that.......NOT WHAT I WANT AS A MENTOR

and Green Bay won the Super Bowl the first real reason without his dismal performance at crunch time

Statler+Waldorf.jpg

"After 5 games, the Browns are only 5-0 in regular season, the Browns are losers, Rich buddy....."

We persecuted for knowing this intelligence, and well, too, Ghool, we are the only brilliant ones

who know the Browns can't win without Jim Tressel as their head coach and Troy Smith at qb...dumm arse fans with

no intelligence, blind and lost to all logic and reason, whereas we are superior to all, or sumptin"

Ooooh, I feel soooo good. Colt is doing all the right things................The FO is doing all the right things........We finally have a regime that knows how to win and will build a championship team in Cleveland......................

If you recall, Tim Couch was doing "all the right thigs, too", Working on his mechanics, studying longer and harder than anyone else, being a good student and letting himself be mentored.............

Blah Blah Blah Blah Fookeddy Blah................ Meaningless, Useless Bullshidt.

I dont' ever remember Dan Marino going to perform fellatio on Griese, don't remember Montanta tossing Brodie's salad, don't remember McNair kneeling for Moon, either.

Exactly what experience and accomplishment does Brett Favre have as a QB coach? Being that Colt is physically nothing like Favre, what is it that Favre can teach this kid? Favre made a career throwing balls that only a cannon arm could have made happen......... how does he teach that to colt? Likewise, he made a career throwing interceptions, getting his ass pounded in scrambles........ and on it goes.

Favre is nothing like Colt, so it make no sense that Favre could be a good coach to him.

Given that Favre is NOT a classic QB, but instead a VERY VERY unorthodox QB, why would you want your QB going to him for advice?

Again, instead of the Browns organization searching for talent based on an overall team culture, the way the Steelers do it, WE CONTINUE TO GIVE BLOWJOBS TO EX PLAYERS, COACHES and EXECS because what? Oh yeah, we believe that their schidt is going to magically rub off on us.

Palmer, Debartolo, Clarke, Sewage, Crennell.............. and now? Wolford Brimely!

You want to know why the Browns keep stinking to high heaven? There you have it in a nutshell. Instead of seeking out people who have the proper football culture, we instead get all mushy over hasbeens who 20 years after their heyday decide to milk the most gullible fans in the world.

Colt is a decent QB against weak teams or teams that are off on any given Sunday.

Colt is an average QB with an average arm on game day, when he under 4 quarters of pressure.

Getting rear entered by Brett Favre may make Colt run a bit faster for a few hours, but in the end, it will screw him up because Favre will have Colt doing things that don't come natural to his style.

uh... Favre played for Holmgren. He knows the offense? I thought that much would have been obvious.

Oh boy, it's preseason, time for Rich and Ghoolie's Act:

Statler+Waldorf.jpg

Ghoolie's on the left, Rich on the right ... let's see who can write the best caption:

Ghoolie: Hey Rich, those Steelers suck, but dadgummit my damn Browns suck worse.

Rich: Heh? What'd you s-s-say about gumming it while s-s-sucking. Look at me. Look at thith mouf. Lis-s-sten to the wordth coming out of my mouf. Ain't nobody in Norfeast Ohio and Wes-s-stern P-P-Penns-s-sylvania what knows more about gumming it while s-s-sucking than I do.

Where are my xxxxing teef?

Another stupid post...ummm ya think maybe footwork is essential in the WCO?...your in your 50's and still know jack 0 shit about football...He went to go learn some of the nauances of hitch steps in the WCO. Its the basic fundamentals of hitch steps that are crucial in executing this offense to its fullest...If you dont believe Me. Youtube a 7 part series by bill walsh and joe montana on the basics of footwork in WCO...youre a likable dude Ghoolie but sometimes you act like a moron.

Haha they are trying to outdo each others stupidity no doubt. It's still early, but Rich has a slight lead..

FU moron...stupid is as stupid is................

Another stupid post...ummm ya think maybe footwork is essential in the WCO?...your in your 50's and still know jack 0 shit about football...He went to go learn some of the nauances of hitch steps in the WCO. Its the basic fundamentals of hitch steps that are crucial in executing this offense to its fullest...If you dont believe Me. Youtube a 7 part series by bill walsh and joe montana on the basics of footwork in WCO...youre a likable dude Ghoolie but sometimes you act like a moron.

It was not a stupid post. It was an informative post. I doubt that Brett Favre can school anyone in anything but gunslinging. Ghoolie makes great points about what we have as an MO. Lets not do it again bring in another over the hill person to lead us to mediocrity. I have NO DESIRE TO SEE BRETT FAVRE THE NARCISSIST HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS FRANCHISE EVER

He is not a winner.............he played twenty years and won one bowl for the great Green Bay franchise.............wOW what a resume

meanwhile the hated ben has played in twice as many bowls and won twice as many

It was not a stupid post. It was an informative post. I doubt that Brett Favre can school anyone in anything but gunslinging. Ghoolie makes great points about what we have as an MO. Lets not do it again bring in another over the hill person to lead us to mediocrity. I have NO DESIRE TO SEE BRETT FAVRE THE NARCISSIST HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS FRANCHISE EVER

He is not a winner.............he played twenty years and won one bowl for the great Green Bay franchise.............wOW what a resume

meanwhile the hated ben has played in twice as many bowls and won twice as many

BTW the way Brett Farve never played the West Coast Offense ......he played the Gunslinger here come the interceptions offense lets get lucky

Archived