THE BROWNS BOARD

Looking For Frank Ryan Jersey

Gametime

I am looking for a Frank Ryan jersey #13, preferably brown in color. Anyone have one or know where I can get one?

Nice choice by the way - I have read a book about the 64 season and I love the way Frank Ryan came across in that book. If I was going to buy a 64 championship Jersey it might be Ryan but I'd also have to consider Collins, Fiss, Modelewski or kanicki - I already have a Brown #32 jersey!

Good luck with that by the way.

H

PS I know this is sad but I just won an ebay auction for a signed Galen Fiss football card sined after the 64 season!

I went to the '64 championship game and saw Ryan play. He has always impressed me. Thanks for responding.

Nice choice by the way - I have read a book about the 64 season and I love the way Frank Ryan came across in that book. If I was going to buy a 64 championship Jersey it might be Ryan but I'd also have to consider Collins, Fiss, Modelewski or kanicki - I already have a Brown #32 jersey!

Good luck with that by the way.

H

PS I know this is sad but I just won an ebay auction for a signed Galen Fiss football card sined after the 64 season!

Wow! I wasn't alive then and didn't know anything about the Browns until 1988 when I became a fan over here in the UK.

I don't know if you have ever read Terry Pluto's "When all the world was Browns Town" - I had a second hand copy shipped over from the US this off season and absolutely ate every single page up. What a time that was, it was so interesting to see what the players went through and just how dedicated they were. Collier was such a change from Brown and a lesser man could have let that team implode without his inclusive, nuturing approach.

Sadly I only have a few seconds of Youtube footage to bring to life that game - it's great to have someone on the board who was there - wow, I'd pay good money for memories like that!:)

Howie.

Archived