THE BROWNS BOARD

Dirty Hit Or Not?

Gafreleets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgUlp2X6Kc4

danny woodhead being beheaded. looks clean to me though. what say you? cheap or legal?

takes like 8 seconds to start.

danny woodhead being beheaded. looks clean to me though. what say you? cheap or legal?

takes like 8 seconds to start.

Cheap, but technically legal. I got blindsided and cartwheeled the same way in a pickup game. There's no reason to destroy a guy who doesn't see it coming, other than you can.

Since the guy wasn't a Steeler that made the hit, we know he wasn't "roided" up. So legal. I didn't see any head shot, just a blast to the chest, and the guy got up after a second or two. We can't pussify the game too much or we should just watch flag football.

That was a legal and clean block up until about 2 years ago. This falls directly into the "Hines Ward rule". You can no longer make any contact to the head on a crack back block. This is now an automatic penalty and a fine.

Back in the good old days, it was the responsibility of the defender to be aware of his surroundings and avoid the crack back block. Now the offensive player must block the defender, but not too hard or too high or it is a penalty.

Why do I feel that if a Steelers player made this hit, or this hit was on a Brown those of you calling it clean would be up in arms over it?!?!

That was a legal and clean block up until about 2 years ago. This falls directly into the "Hines Ward rule". You can no longer make any contact to the head on a crack back block. This is now an automatic penalty and a fine.

Back in the good old days, it was the responsibility of the defender to be aware of his surroundings and avoid the crack back block. Now the offensive player must block the defender, but not too hard or too high or it is a penalty.

Why do I feel that if a Steelers player made this hit, or this hit was on a Brown those of you calling it clean would be up in arms over it?!?!

That dude definitely left his feet and launched as well... Clearly a flag and fine under current rules.

devin Holland (#2) is a rookie trying to fulfill his dream of playing in the NFL. Hits like that, dirty or not, give special team coaches wood.

If fined, i'd bet his special teams coach helps him out with the payments. Punt returns....the most dangerous play in football. Enjoy it while you can before the league

begins to phase out this exciting yet potential violent game feature

Archived