THE BROWNS BOARD

Rivalries

The Gipper

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, winning that game was the blind squirrel finding a nut once in a while....and even if the Briowns win the next 6 games in a row...the series has been so un-competitive for so long it would take years to establish again....Rivalry's develope over time and are recognized thruout the league based on the competitvness and history of the teams back and forth copetition...the Browns have been back for so long, they'll need a decade of forth to establish the rivalry again.

I say it will depend on the quality of wins. For example we all remember the Browns Bengals shootout of 07 and there was another one before that. If we get some of those it's sure to pump some life back into the rivalry. Or even some defensive struggles like the at "blind squirrel finding a nut" game. It depends on those things. The year we went 10-6 what made the last bout with the Steelers an exciting one was that we had gotten so much better between the first meeting and the second. Yeah I know we ultimately lost but you gotta admit it was an exciting game. I will say this though the 41-9's the 43-0's or 28-10's have got to stop.

Archived