THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini On Sportsnation

1 more season

Mangini had a good theory that never came to fruition. He was building the team the Belicheck way and it would have taken some time. Compared to the Crennel years (minus the one year fluke), he was at least getting us in the right direction. It may not have been as fast as some wanted, but I think he real downfall was keeping that dumb ass Daboll as OC.

Mangini knows football well, is articulate, and smart. Just because the guy didn't have a winning record doesn't mean he should never be involved with football again. Hell, they hired Matt Millen who was a plague upon the Lions.

I don't know if Mangini was a terrible coach or not. I do know that I liked some of the things he did while he was in Cleveland. He was right about the need for a change of culture and he took steps to right the ship in that regard. I also seem to recall that he had the expectation that every player would understand every aspect of a play and the players were held accountable for that knowledge. I think that was also a step in the right direction as part of the change in culture. I think he laid the foundation for the team's future and made Shurmur's job infinitely easier. I can appreciate those things about his tenure in Cleveland even though there were also things I wasn't happy about.

I don't know if Mangini was a terrible coach or not. I do know that I liked some of the things he did while he was in Cleveland. He was right about the need for a change of culture and he took steps to right the ship in that regard. I also seem to recall that he had the expectation that every player would understand every aspect of a play and the players were held accountable for that knowledge. I think that was also a step in the right direction as part of the change in culture. I think he laid the foundation for the team's future and made Shurmur's job infinitely easier. I can appreciate those things about his tenure in Cleveland even though there were also things I wasn't happy about.

That's how I feel about him and I've seen him on a couple of shows and he seems to me to be pretty good at it. He has some opinions and isn't afraid to share them.

Haha no it isn't coming to an end.

As much as we love to hate each other on here, bottom line we both love the browns and want to see them win.

I think some times I take out my frustration on here cause I'm sick of losing and some times I do it for entertainment.

All in all, I think besides rich4eagle who isn't only a closet homo but steeler fan I would have fun tail gating with anyone from the board.

Haha no it isn't coming to an end.

As much as we love to hate each other on here, bottom line we both love the browns and want to see them win.

I think some times I take out my frustration on here cause I'm sick of losing and some times I do it for entertainment.

All in all, I think besides rich4eagle who isn't only a closet homo but steeler fan I would have fun tail gating with anyone from the board.

Well said.

It's just gentle ribbing, is all.

Eric went to a piss poor Jets team and made the correct moves to get them over for the future.

Eric went to a piss poor Browns team and made the correct moves to get them over for the future.

But we live in a bubble where you have 1-2 years reguardless of how bad a shape the team was truly in so Eric to me is just a casulty of war, but i think when he sat in the war room with heckert they put their heads together to bring in some great talent-also i believe Rob Ryan and some hand in evaluting Ward and Hayden as picks for his defensive scheme, just as i believe today Jauron had a hand in suggesting the big bodies we picked in the draft for his defensive scheme.

All and all he is somewhere else but i didn't hate that guy i really thought he would've reaped the rewards this year.

May have had more success with better personnel moves. Jayne Mitchell had no right coning here....th did the same shit savage did....bringing in players that didn't fit the system. This signifies to me they had no intention of giving mangini a real shot and set us back a year with the horse and pony show.

Still think holmgren is a dumbass for it

Eric Mangini is the NFL version of "the Cleaner".

image_3.png

He cleaned up the Jets so that Rex Ryan could enter and turn them into contenders.

He cleaned up the Browns so that Pat Shurmur could enter and turn them into contenders.

He kicks out the riff raff, emphasizes the basics and gets the young guys to play the game the right way again.

They ought to call him into Miami next, they need an enima.

Zombo

After an initial 10-6 with the jets he went 4-12 then 9-7 then onto back to back 5-11's

Talk about looking back through rose colored glasses.

To be fair the back to back 5-11 seasons were after he jumped into pretty much the worst situation imaginable. Looking back at the QBs he had to work with I think a .413 winning percentage may be hall of fame worthy.

After an initial 10-6 with the jets he went 4-12 then 9-7 then onto back to back 5-11's

Talk about looking back through rose colored glasses.

crennel was a lousy HC but it didn't take him what, fifteen minutes to get hired as a DC? what about our new DC, jauron? what was his winning percentage as a head coach? how about charlie weiss at ND? i guess he's unemployed and kickin rocks in the street, huh? and these are only a few i can think of and they all came from the belicheck school of coaching (except jauron). BTW what was belickek's record with the browns? isn't he NOW considered one if not the best head coach in NFL history?? i guess it takes some time to build a team your way and it takes an owner to believe in you, not to undermine you by hiring a president/bobblehead to come in and pull the rug out from underneath you.

just because these guys didn't have a winning record as a head coach i guess that means they are a complete dumbass in your mind. mangini has got more football knowledge in one of his farts than you have brains.

Romeo and Charlie both went back to being coordinators. Some guys are just better suited for that. I'm just saying mangini is below .500 over a 5 yr. career. Would you go to a dentist that is below .500 in filling cavities? Probably not.

What HC has been successful coming from the Belichick school? It could be argued that it's not the Bilichick tree as much as it is the Parcell's tree.

I just don't like the guy as a coach, I don't think he is a very good HC. As a disciplinarian he's good but not as a winning coach. That's just my opinion!! His hiring was a mistake and further delayed that progress of this team.

As far as I'm concerned I'm done with this thread. Good luck to the team tonight. I'm heading to Wrightsville Beach to try and catch some hurricane swell.

Ohh, I didn't see this gem "mangini has got more football knowledge in one of his farts than you have brains. " well its a good thing that management has more football sense than you and the manginites mik or the Browns would be heading to 5-11 again.

Archived