THE BROWNS BOARD

Surprise Cuts

Thomaspro

Not surprizing he was cut considering he was becoming a cap liabiality for them,they just signed Marion Barber..Wondering who else might be let go who could help this team,we are scary thin on Defense and we could take a few players if they were to be cut.

Only problem i dont see H&H bringing in really any other players considering what we saw in the F/A.Theree may be some interest if the right player comes at the right price.

James Sanders just cut by Patriots. Only 27. Better against the pass than run. Should Browns take a look at him since were are so thin at Safety?

I was thinking of James Sanders as well. Wouldn’t he be just as questionable a starter/1st back-up as Usama Young though?

Gurode might need to play RT dependant on how badly hurt Lauvao is.

i was watching the Jets last week... Maybin buried the QB and forced a fumble... yeah, I know he's never done it during the regular season... but I wouldn't have minded him coming here...

lmao...still pissed about getting your ass handed to ya rebel? seems like it...

sanders may be a possibility since we have no youth behind the starters.....hagg isn't coming back for a while. word i heard was gourde want to play C and start. he was let go in favor of youth, as was columbo. retreads dont get me excited.

id wait till final cuts when the better talent around the league hits the waivers.

OH BABY ONIEL COUSINS OUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED!

I kid. This is actually not a bad move, seeing as our line is complete shit on the right side. I don't think he'll start, but this should light a fire under Pashos', Lauvao's, and Pinkston's butts to get shit together.

And if it turns out they all suck... it will be another long season. I know Ghoolie doesn't think so, but the games are won and lost in the trenches.

And let's face it, Ghoolie couldn't tell his ass from a hole in the ground, so it's not like his opinion matters much anyway.

I love our strategy.. let's sign guys that no body wants because he has no talent.. no other team even put a waiver in on him..

I think a move like this shows how inept choco and his daddy heckert are..

Oh wait we have joey grecco, problem solved. He can catch tim couchs wife cheating on him with cade mccown again

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/End-of-the-line-for-Vernon-Gholston.html

Talking to Bears personnel down at training camp earlier this month, I asked around about Vernon Gholston. The responses were lukewarm at best. But the one constant I kept hearing throughout the day was obvious: if Gholston was going to produce (and stick in the NFL) this was the ideal scheme for him in Chicago.

Vernon GholstonAre there any more opportunities left for Gholston after being cut by the Bears?

And we all know how that turned out when the Bears cut the former Jets first-round pick to trim their roster down to 80-players today.

Saw it myself just watching one-on-one pass rush at practice. Didn’t see explosion off the line or a player that was schooled on using his hands at the point of attack. No question he was an athlete (and a NFL combine talent), but knowing football, I didn’t see a player that was going to stick in Chicago.

There was something, well, missing. And now we should really wonder if Gholston is done—for good.

Think about for a minute. Gholston has now washed out under Rex Ryan and Lovie Smith. Two defensive head coaches that have strong reputations in this league for teaching and getting the most out of their talent.

We are also talking about two different schemes. The 3-4 pressure front in New York and the zone based 4-3 defense in Chicago that must get pressure from their front four.

Two solid opportunities to stick on a roster from my perspective, and two opportunities that most players don’t get in this league. He was given that standard “second chance” by the Bears all based on his draft position.

But after his release, can you see anyone taking another flier on Gholston? Not in my opinion, and I don’t think many people would disagree right now.

Follow me on Twitter: MattBowen41

yea, as much as I hate seeing a OSU guy go down the tubes, Gholsten just can't make the grade in the NFL. I'm not sure why the transition didn't happen for the guy, coming out of college he looked like he was going to dominant for years in the NFL. I do think his growth got limited by playing out of his natural position, but the good players make the adjustment. He never did, and now he's going to be out of the league.

yea, as much as I hate seeing a OSU guy go down the tubes, Gholsten just can't make the grade in the NFL. I'm not sure why the transition didn't happen for the guy, coming out of college he looked like he was going to dominant for years in the NFL. I do think his growth got limited by playing out of his natural position, but the good players make the adjustment. He never did, and now he's going to be out of the league.

Well, as an OSU homer- goes to show you never know. Gholston was dominating in college- and apparently can't cut it in the pros. Reminds me of Big Daddy Wilkinson. I thought for sure the guy had Reggie White potential- he was unstoppable in college, but never made much of an impact at the next level.

The reason he didn't cut in the NFL was because he actually doesn't like football, he just really likes to work out. Too bad just working out (even as a body builder or strength lifter) doesn't pay that much so he got pad to suck in the NFL for a few seasons.

Archived