THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 7-9?

Halfbreed216

Bud Shaw of the Plain Dealer says we'll start fast, but end up 7-9 this season. What's everyone think of this. I think this could be a good prediction, but I'd like to think we can do better then that. The NFC West can be an easier division to beat, but they do have a few weapons on each team. I can see us beating the Bungles both games and maybe a good day to beat the Steelers and/or Ravens once. I'd like to optomistic about this year, but it's hard to say. Just glad I finally glad I got the Sunday Ticket so I can watch all the games. I'd like to same that we can go 8-8 or 9-7.....Any thoughts??

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm concerned with the online which I thought would be the strength.

If colt mccoy is a franchise qb and builds off his rookie season I can see 7 and 9. I worried about our defense.

The game opening week against cinci will give us a gage. If we lose to them and look bad, its gonna be a long year

Yeah! If Shitsinnati beats us, it's gonna suck all year! I'm also interested in Colt playing in the winter. Someone else posted that we've had other qb's from warm state colleges and I didn't even think of that. Bernie played in Miami and now he's a Browns legend. Hopefully it'll at least be a fun season.

I think the first game is really going to set the tone like the others have said....

I just hope they come out and roll the bungels...

I remember last year when everyone was excited about playing TB the first week and we had already counted the win... it was all a cluster F from there...

I think we can protect our home turf, winning 6 games here; I don't think that is unreasonable. There aren't any easy games in the NFL, but Miami, Tennessee, Seattle, & St. Louis are very beatable. Then add Jacksonville and our 3 division rivals (yes, Ghoolie, they are rivals). 6-2 is definately doable.

Split on the road....sounds like 10-6, as long as our defense is acceptable.

I'm always optimistic this time of year, I hope I'm right!

Here, look at it logically.............

Steelers and Ravens.......... 4 losses is reasonable to predict.

Bengals.... Our only rivalry, always tough........ 1 - 1 at best

So you can figure we will be 1 - 5 in our division.

Colts Cards and Jags................ 1 - 2 (Any Given Sunday, give us one upset win)

The Browns are 2 - 7 in these games.

Of the remaining games, lets say they are all winable, well that is also to say that they are all loseable since these contests are not ones of great disparity.

If we were a competent team, we cculd be expected to win half, which in this case, we can just say 4 wins out of the remaining 7.

IF we were competent we could go 6 - 10.

But that isn't oging to happen. The Browns are not good enough to beat most of the close matches they are in. You go ahead and decide, but the best the Browns will do in these winable games is either 2 - 5 or 3 - 4

The Browns will go 4 - 12 or 5 - 11, 6 - 10 IF we get all the lucky stuff.

I am going to go bullish on the Browns......... 5 - 11 ( The on any given Sunday win is no more probable than is a Bengal sweep)

5 - 11 and we can trade our pick DOWN so another team can build with the draft.

lol this just made me laugh......beating the cards isnt an upset...we should and better beat the bungals twice...and with Manning getting another evaluation Week 2 is a likely win without Manning...

lol this just made me laugh......beating the cards isnt an upset...we should and better beat the bungals twice...and with Manning getting another evaluation Week 2 is a likely win without Manning...

Agree. Also, we have actually played decent against Peyton Manning in the past (haven't gotten the "W" though).

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm concerned with the online which I thought would be the strength.

If colt mccoy is a franchise qb and builds off his rookie season I can see 7 and 9. I worried about our defense.

The game opening week against cinci will give us a gauge. If we lose to them and look bad, its gonna be a long year

For once, I can totally agree with you. Beating the Bengals on opening day is a must if we expect to have a 1\2 decent year. I think the Browns offense will do fine. If you see ESPN throwing out a question as to who will have the better season, McCoy or Stafford, you know folks are starting to notice.

As Taylor and Sheard go, so goes the defense. We're horribly thin @ linebacker and a couple of injuries there could derail any chances of winning.

So I'm going to say 8-8 for the Browns and hope for better. That closing stretch is brutal.

No doubt the opener is a must win.

A weak opponent at home....we have to win.

We can win 3-4 on the road so we better be better than .500 at home.

If you can't win at home, you have no hope.

Win 6 at home and 3 on the road, you are a game away.

Win 2 crappy games at home, well, add it up.

Every year at this time I'm usually optimistic only to have my dreams squashed a few games into the season...

I really like this years team... Our 1st stringers on both side of the ball are solid and should produce more wins than last year.. My biggest concern, however, is the injury bug... Without depth a few key injuries could derail a promising season...

I like what I see in McCoy and he should excell in the WCO.. Our tight ends should be highly effective and the passing game should allow Hillis to have a better year this year than last...

Our defense has shutdown potential if we can control the line of scrimmage... We finally have some speed, something that has been lacking in the past..

With that said, I expect at least 8 wins. We're one of the youngest teams in the league so the learning curve should escalate as the season progresses.. League wide our expectations are low so we should be flying under the radar for the 1st half of the season..

Maybe the Steelers and Ravens will be down to their 3rd string QB's by the time we play them---sort of poetic justice...

The biggest upside to this years team is our coaching staff.. We finally have experienced coaches not 1st year coaches with potential...

8 & 8 if we play our game, 11 & 5 if the ball bounces our way.... IMO the 1st game is a must win...

Peace

T.Dawg

Here, look at it logically.............

Steelers and Ravens.......... 4 losses is reasonable to predict.

Bengals.... Our only rivalry, always tough........ 1 - 1 at best

So you can figure we will be 1 - 5 in our division.

Colts Cards and Jags................ 1 - 2 (Any Given Sunday, give us one upset win)

The Browns are 2 - 7 in these games.

Of the remaining games, lets say they are all winable, well that is also to say that they are all loseable since these contests are not ones of great disparity.

If we were a competent team, we cculd be expected to win half, which in this case, we can just say 4 wins out of the remaining 7.

IF we were competent we could go 6 - 10.

But that isn't oging to happen. The Browns are not good enough to beat most of the close matches they are in. You go ahead and decide, but the best the Browns will do in these winable games is either 2 - 5 or 3 - 4

The Browns will go 4 - 12 or 5 - 11, 6 - 10 IF we get all the lucky stuff.

I am going to go bullish on the Browns......... 5 - 11 ( The on any given Sunday win is no more probable than is a Bengal sweep)

5 - 11 and we can trade our pick DOWN so another team can build with the draft.

YOu forget Ghoolie, the Browns have 2 first round picks next year, their own and the Falcons. Sure, they could trade down...or they could trade up with that kind of ammunition.

Archived