THE BROWNS BOARD

Donnie Avery

Rooster Dick

Jhuh.....absolutely right. Forgot about the bum knee last year....

Hopper....keep being the apologist....its amusing. Rules are rules, whether u agree with them or not. Such an upstanding citizen like tressel, who preached honesty and integrity, looked the other wat to keep his players on the field. That sir....is a hypocrite.

I do NOT believe this was an issue of "honesty and integrity". As a Magistrate I deal with issues of honesty and integrity all the time, and I alsow know the difference between that and something that is just against the rules.

Tressels violations were NOT matter of Malum per se; they were NOT actions that violated the principles of natural or moral laws; they were merely malum prohibitum. Like violating a speed limit. His act was NOT immoral, but is only wrong because it was prohibited by some rule

And here is another Latin phrase for you: Malu Usus Abolendus est which means "A bad or invalid custom ought to be abolished.

All that being said, I never proclaimed that Tressel et al should not be punished or reprimanded for their failure to abide by the rules.

Indeed, more often or not I am assessing punishment against people who merely violate a "rule". And sometimes those charges are ones that I believe are "bad customs".

Example: I have been getting these charges come before me where some kids have marijuana on them. They are being charged A. with a minor misdemeanor for the possession or the joint of marijuana, and B. with a 4th degree Misd. for possession of drug paraphenalia. What is the drug paraphenalia? Not a bong, not a pipe, not a tweezer.....it is the papers that the joint is rolled in.

I have an issue with that because it just seems like it is a method of piling on that was not contemplated by the statute. Nevertheless, it is legit, and I enforce it.

So to analogize it, what we have in the OSU case is the possession of the improper benefit....and the piling on of the drug paraphenalia charge.

I seem to remember when Carroll an USC got hit that most here were laughing, poking fun, and slamming them for their cheating. Now that the shoes on the other foot, its the NCAA fault. That sir....makes u a hypocrite.

What's this mean? The higher standard u thought was Isuzu was just a farce....ur no better than the cheaters that get caught and punished accordingly. Deal with it....ur the big tens Miami.

Well, we can analogize it back to the drug thing. OSU got caught with a joint of dope and some papers (selling some of their own trinkets for tattoos).

What USC and Miami got caught with are a barge full of cocaine and a meth lab.

Cars, guns, probably millions of dollars of cash, houses, hookers, abortions.

So, proportionately, OSU should get their $250.00 fine and costs.

These other schools should be facing 10-25.

I agree with bringing in a quality WR but Donnie Avery is not a quality WR. If he was, he wouldn't have been cut by a team that drafted him so recently. Donnie Avery has frequently been a non-factor. He's not appreciably better than anyone else on this roster.

BTW, it's "corps" not "core". Sorry. Couldn't help it.

Archived