THE BROWNS BOARD

Manning Out For The Year?

kvozel

Back Surgery?

My link

Thanks for the link Kieth. The smoke is starting to thicken, but no reported brush fire- yet. I'll miss you guys at the regular Sunday spot as I have tickets in hand to the Indy game. Will I feel bad for the Indy fans if Peyton can't play? Maybe a smidge. I will feel really bad if the Browns blow the game if he doesn't, and considering "The Curse" will be in attendance, I'd lay heavy money on the Colts covering regardless, right now. :)

Not trying to rain on the parade here, my hopes are high but our defense (at least in appearance) may be very weak in the front 7:

Both the bengals and the colts have veteran defenses capable of disrupting our patchwork frankenstein o-line and good RBs in benson and Addai, we have sheard and mitchell at the ends 2 underweight inexperienced and totally unproven DEs backed up by 2 proven mediocre OLBs in gocong and fujita..

Though we cant get much from rewatching preseason games over and over without much fujita footage or any gocong playing i am extremely suspicious that our run defense can and will be trounced around and or over either end forcing the secondary up to much in order to compensate making many things possible for the bungals and manningless colts..

Sheard didnt show anything other than more often than not being outwitted and manhandled while mitchell looked similar, i am just saying even though both these games are winnable they are just as losable due to inexperience and good opposing RBs and veteran defenses..

If a shootout occurs we will likely lose..

Now with that crap said lets hope our DEs were just playing dead during pre-season and prove me wrong by showing up and destroying the bungals running game and disrupting their passing game!

Both of these teams are going to try to consistently ram the ball down our throat and especially overload to the outside where we are horizontally slow and susceptible to being blocked out of the play, its imperative we shut it down without being duped into a cheap score by air..

FYI, Kerry Collins is going to pass Joe Montana for 10th all time on the passing yards list. 21 fourth quarter comebacks, 30 game-winning drives. Most underrated QB in NFL history.

Well, of the 10 QBs who are the all time leaders in yards thrown, you have Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe, and Collins each of whom will probably not get any HOF consideration...and probably rightly so.

Does anyone think they were among the best QBs of their era? Do they fit in with the likes of Favre, Marino, Elway, Montana, Moon, Tarkenton, and Fouts?

And how about this interesting stat: Right now, at age 33, Tom Brady has thrown for 34,744 yards. If he were to double that amount of yardage in the rest of his career he would have 69,488 career yards. But if he got there, he would still be about 2500 yards short of Brett Favre career total of 71,835 yards. (But also note that Drew Brees, who is 2 years younger that Brady has already thrown for over 35,000 yards. If he played another 10 years maybe he could catch Favre. Payton Manning is now 34 and has thrown for 54,825 yards was on pace to break Favre's records....but....who knows how this neck injury may affect the rest of his career.

FYI, Kerry Collins is going to pass Joe Montana for 10th all time on the passing yards list. 21 fourth quarter comebacks, 30 game-winning drives. Most underrated QB in NFL history.

I couldn't agree with you more man. I think he'll come out rusty, but don't count out kerry out at all. However, I like the brown's chances 150x more with him under then number #18.

-Justin

Well, of the 10 QBs who are the all time leaders in yards thrown, you have Vinny Testaverde, Drew Bledsoe, and Collins each of whom will probably not get any HOF consideration...and probably rightly so.

Does anyone think they were among the best QBs of their era? Do they fit in with the likes of Favre, Marino, Elway, Montana, Moon, Tarkenton, and Fouts?

I agree, just saying there is no talk on how good Collins is. Like their season is done. They are far from done. Manning is a HOF right now agreed, but the Colts are going to fair better than people think.

Rumor has it he hurt his neck filming a direct tv commercial

U R Funnee. :) Deserves a bump, with the "Official News" I can't believe everyone hasn't heard by now....

ESPN

Dr Hoorta says he's out for months, if not the entire season. Remains to be seen if the Browns caught a serious break.

One player does not make a team.

ESPN this morning was discussing how long Manning would be out, and it appears that nobody really knows.

True if you're the Patriots. False if you're the Colts. They not only lost their QB, but the real offensive coordinator of that team.

True if you're the Patriots. False if you're the Colts. They not only lost their QB, but the real offensive coordinator of that team.

I agree. No team in the NFL has been more reliant on the skills of their QB than have the Colts for a number of years. Take him off there and they are a completely different team I believe.

I would be very concerned about this injury being a threat to Peyton's long term health. It's one thing to rehab (and potentially re-injure) a knee or shoulder. The neck is altogether different with far more critical structures (nervous system) within it.

Neck injuries certainly are career threatening. I'm not saying that I have any more information than you but it would seem to me that his career longevity is possibly in question.

This also could set up the ouster of Jim Caldwell as HC if thier season implodes. Tom Moore was the guy I thought deserved the gig.

I'm not too sure. The Colts are getting destroyed by Houston in every manner possible. It's 34-0 with 54 secs left in the second half right now. I'm sitting here listening to the Browns/Bengals via streaming radio but having to watch the Texans/Colts. The Colts look H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. When they show the Colts on the sideline they look like the season is over already.

Archived