THE BROWNS BOARD

Where is Marty?

Earle

While Pioli is parading around the country and holding the Browns and Lerner hostage, maybe we should send that fat pug a message and go out and hire Marty.

This is getting old the waiting game and all of the names thrown out there and getting snubbed by prior coaches such as Cowher. Its time that Lerner steps up and makes a move and let these over rated guys like Pioli and kay a taste of there own medicine and hire someone else and then maybe these guys will learn a lesson from this.

Lerner should hop on a plane to Charlotte and hand the keys over to Marty, someone who has integrity and will put his best into the job.

can you Feel the Gleem?

Can we stop with this Marty shit, please? It IS NOT HAPPENING, FOLKS!

Not sure why we'd want it to happen, anyway. The LAST thing this org needs is another 60 year old HC.

While Pioli is parading around the country and holding the Browns and Lerner hostage, maybe we should send that fat pug a message and go out and hire Marty.

This is getting old the waiting game and all of the names thrown out there and getting snubbed by prior coaches such as Cowher. Its time that Lerner steps up and makes a move and let these over rated guys like Pioli and kay a taste of there own medicine and hire someone else and then maybe these guys will learn a lesson from this.

Lerner should hop on a plane to Charlotte and hand the keys over to Marty, someone who has integrity and will put his best into the job.

can you Feel the Gleem?

The last thing we need to do is hire the guy who's gonna help shape the future of the franchise because we want to teach someone a lesson or because we're frustrated. These things do take time if we want to get the right guy, in this case the right guy for Lerner is clearly Pioli and Pioli is a wanted man, he's taking his time to see who makes him the best offer as most people would in his case. I feel better that this is taking time than if we were going after people with lesser reputations and they were jumping at it. Im confident we'll get a good gm in the end and getting frustrated/wanting to teach people a lesson isn't gonna get us there...

Seems many have alot of frustration with the process of getting the GM and coach.

While we all want to get on with the business of moving forward and creating a new better organization, it obviously is not a decision or action Lerner wants to screw up. We should at least appreciate the method being used to hire the right people.

Granted while the Browns chase people to fill their spots, other teams are as well, but I doubt many other teams are jumping the gun either.

We just opened these spots a week ago.

Personally I'm impressed by the aggressive attitude and actions to date of the organization in filling these spots.

The candidates are weighing their options too. Just as many of us would be in looking for the right job.

Not sure why we'd want it to happen, anyway. The LAST thing this org needs is another 60 year old HC.

Why is age a factor..................Marv Levy took Buffalo to four straight Super Bowls in his seventies???? It is all about getting it and having a sharp mind and being physically able........... :rolleyes:

The last thing we need to do is hire the guy who's gonna help shape the future of the franchise because we want to teach someone a lesson or because we're frustrated. These things do take time if we want to get the right guy, in this case the right guy for Lerner is clearly Pioli and Pioli is a wanted man, he's taking his time to see who makes him the best offer as most people would in his case. I feel better that this is taking time than if we were going after people with lesser reputations and they were jumping at it. Im confident we'll get a good gm in the end and getting frustrated/wanting to teach people a lesson isn't gonna get us there...

.... and by the way, THEY WILL NOT be TAUGHT a lesson. We'll just have jumped the gun into another bad position with a coach and GM we 'settled for'.

We'll get the schooling, they'll be fat and happy elsewhere. The Browns are not necessarily (today) the Giants, Patriots or Titans. Remember we went 4 - 10.

60 years is not old dufus! Marty is football smart and has been around long enough to handle almost any situation I would love to see Marty as our GM or HC.

I dont think randy likes marty or other dominant coaches that wouldnt be afraid to get in his face lerner seems to prefer the silent loser yes man type that cant think for themselves and need a suit and tie to show them what to do...

Guest 88fingerslewy

I want Marty too. Some people say he can't win the big one. Neither did Cowher until the end of a 15 year HC gig.

Can we win a Super Bowl with Marty?

Who knows, it'd be nice to be annual participant in the play-offs for starters.

Guest Masters
Exactly.

I don't think there is a soul on here who wouldn't mind playoff appearances (and thus winning seasons) for the next few years.

Well hell, why doesn't CLE just go call Dan Reeves then....

Archived