THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Will Wear White Jerseys At Home

Squintz

What happened to the vaunted poop & punkin?

Maybe they are trying to play the "good guy" card?

If my colors were poop & punkin, I would wear white too!

Still an upgrade from piss and black

Well I don't necessarily dislike wearing white at home, but the vast majority of teams wear dark at home. So if this is true, the browns will be wearing white almost every game this year. I don't want to turn into the cowboys where we only wear our dark jerseys like maybe once or twice a year. I like to mix it up..

If I'm not mistaken, white used to be their traditional home uniform.

Yep - Just going back to the old school. Back when the Browns were great they wore all white, including white helmets.

I also get the feeling from reading that and other articles from uni-watch, when the Reebok contract is up and Nike steps in almost every team can prepare for some changes. So perhaps the Browns are simply stepping back this year before stepping forward?

While I actually like the idea of all white, I am a proponent of uniform change. I would like to wear the current uniforms twice a year and then have new uniforms for all other games. I really think it's time for a change.

Props to the mock-ups. Love the brown on brown.

Well I don't necessarily dislike wearing white at home, but the vast majority of teams wear dark at home. So if this is true, the browns will be wearing white almost every game this year. I don't want to turn into the cowboys where we only wear our dark jerseys like maybe once or twice a year. I like to mix it up..

Yeah the whites at home were traditional, but I happen to be in the minority that wants them to wear the Brown jerseys at home. (About every team save the Cowboys and Redskins does) Miami wears their whites @ home early in the season, for obvious reasons when it's 97 degrees- they're cooler.

Regarding Nike getting the NFL contract next year- I've seen some prototypes, and overall, they're hideous. If you think the Oregon Ducks unis are cool, get ready for the NFL to do the same. Fortunately Randy Lerner has the final say on what the team wears, and I have a feeling he's gong to tell Nike to take any makeovers they have in mind for the Browns, and shove 'em.

I'm one Browns fan that was fortunate enough to be a part of the Browns dominance in the NFL---yep I'm an old fart..

For what it's worth, Paul Brown preferred the White uniforms because he claimed it made his players look bigger... I guess intimidation was part of the game back then also... Now players talk trash and put on a dancing with the stars routine even after making a basic tackle...

I like the whites, sorta brings me back to my roots..............

For what its worth;

The Steeler fans are color coordinated also.... In that, their underwear is also black and gold---yellow in the front and black in the back....

Peace

T.Dawg

Archived