THE BROWNS BOARD

Los Angeles Dodgers

BaconHound

I will admit that I am part of the problem. I will be at the Stadium cheering on the Clowns week 3 against the Fins. The issue here isn't talent or coaching, the issue is much larger, OWNERSHIP. The Browns are a lucrative franchise but yet the largest free agent acquisition of the past few years....wait for it....Donte Stallworth. Since 1999 the only real impact players drafted Winslow, Edwards, Thomas & Cribbs and they continually pick high in the first round. I hate to say it but the problem is US. The Lerner family continues to make money off of fans while putting on the field an absolutely pathetic product. So let us all take a page from Dodger fans next year and stop going. Stop buying season tickets, jerseys and all the other things that line the Lerners pockets...

Wow dude, I love that you come in here and rip on our team and tell us stuff we already know and have discussed. Any real fan would never call them the Clowns. Get your semi-fan dumbass out of here and get back to trailer park.

We have all spent time posting on here to as how much our ownership is a joke. It's a fact that Lerner has his head up his ass and is clueless. We don't need to be reminded of it right now.

Quit being so goddamn negative and step back from the ledge. Otherwise, get the hell out.

PS my aggravation with you is due more to your other posts and not so much with this one. Basically, you suck and annoy me. .

I will admit that I am part of the problem. I will be at the Stadium cheering on the Clowns week 3 against the Fins. The issue here isn't talent or coaching, the issue is much larger, OWNERSHIP. The Browns are a lucrative franchise but yet the largest free agent acquisition of the past few years....wait for it....Donte Stallworth. Since 1999 the only real impact players drafted Winslow, Edwards, Thomas & Cribbs and they continually pick high in the first round. I hate to say it but the problem is US. The Lerner family continues to make money off of fans while putting on the field an absolutely pathetic product. So let us all take a page from Dodger fans next year and stop going. Stop buying season tickets, jerseys and all the other things that line the Lerners pockets...

hey it's game one in a new season under new coaches. lerner has spent his money and continues to. the guys you have to blame now are the people he hired to do his american football biz since he doesn't know squat about it.

mike holmgren. lerner's bucks stop there, period.

Wow dude, I love that you come in here and rip on our team and tell us stuff we already know and have discussed. Any real fan would never call them the Clowns. Get your semi-fan dumbass out of here and get back to trailer park.

We have all spent time posting on here to as how much our ownership is a joke. It's a fact that Lerner has his head up his ass and is clueless. We don't need to be reminded of it right now.

Quit being so goddamn negative and step back from the ledge. Otherwise, get the hell out.

PS my aggravation with you is due more to your other posts and not so much with this one. Basically, you suck and annoy me. .

I've have been a fan since 85 so I'll call this bunch of fools whatever I want to. Everyone complains about ownership but they keep lining Lerners' pockets. What is always funny to me is you have to be positive when this team is a friggin' joke. Since 99 only the Bills are a worse franchise. So keep drinkin' the Kool-Aid and saying DQ'well looked good, Haden is awesome except for that one play and realize the Browns don't have another player other than Joe Thomas or Peyton Hillis that would start on another NFL team..

I've have been a fan since 85 so I'll call this bunch of fools whatever I want to. Everyone complains about ownership but they keep lining Lerners' pockets. What is always funny to me is you have to be positive when this team is a friggin' joke. Since 99 only the Bills are a worse franchise. So keep drinkin' the Kool-Aid and saying DQ'well looked good, Haden is awesome except for that one play and realize the Browns don't have another player other than Joe Thomas or Peyton Hillis that would start on another NFL team..

I completely agree with pretty much everything you said. However, there is also another problem with this franchise: negative fans who seem to bring everyone down and look at everything half empty like yourself. This "we suck and everyone knows it" attitude is sickening. It's important to look at the positives in a game like this because it let's us look forward to the future. Of course we have major holes to fill, anyone can see that. But we don't need to turn to the doom and gloom mentality because we lost one game. We have 15 more left and we are going to win a few here and there. I didn't mean to be a jerk or offend you. I'm just tired of the negativity some fans have. Let's look forward to next week and try to get that first W. Keep posting. You'll do fine.

I completely agree with pretty much everything you said. However, there is also another problem with this franchise: negative fans who seem to bring everyone down and look at everything half empty like yourself. This "we suck and everyone knows it" attitude is sickening. It's important to look at the positives in a game like this because it let's us look forward to the future. Of course we have major holes to fill, anyone can see that. But we don't need to turn to the doom and gloom mentality because we lost one game. We have 15 more left and we are going to win a few here and there. I didn't mean to be a jerk or offend you. I'm just tired of the negativity some fans have. Let's look forward to next week and try to get that first W. Keep posting. You'll do fine.

Dude like everyone in Browns Nation I look at the schedule each year to look at games I have a firm belief that the Browns can win. The trip from Upstate NY is about 5 hours and I don't want to make it for a loss (last season I watched the Bungles get an ass-whippin'). I consider myself an informed fan an I am 100% positive that every team in the NFL when looking at the schedule circle the Browns as a win from the Bungles to the Squealers. I think we both can agree that looking at the Browns schedule we are circling 8 games as fans. One of those circled games was today where the team laid a big steaming pile of garbage. I would love to be positive but this team is bad, LA Clippers bad, Pittsburgh Pirates bad. Since 1999 there have been 2 seasons worth watching, they have had 3 6+ win seasons. It seems the mantra of the Browns fan is frustration, rebuilding, next year, repeat...

Alex Mack, Joe Haden, TJ Ward, Dqwell, Rubin, and Fujita would all start on other teams.

And the AJ Green TD wasn't just Haden's fault ... it was an entire defensive lapse and the coaches should have called a time out. just saying. You can blame Haden all you want, but you would be wrong everytime. If Haden was there to cover Green one of the other 2 or 3 WRs who were totally wide open would have been thrown too instead. Haden made a ton of good plays throughout the game and was a big reason we were only in a 13-0 nothing hole and not a 21-0 hole. Haden is an absolute stud and if you can't see that we are watching different games. Oh and by the way studs efff up once in a while too.

As a season ticket holder- you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Seats in between the 30s get handed down in wills, or get sold on e-Bay or Craiglist at $10,000 a pop. Yeah, you can tell people that have 27 years of ticket seniority to stop going, and I can tell you to go take a hike.

Here's a newsflash- every team in the NFL makes a boatload of money regardless of ownership. In fact, the Browns (or any other team) could play to a virtually empty stadium and the owner would still make money, just less of it. TV is where the real $$$$ are.

As a season ticket holder- you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Seats in between the 30s get handed down in wills, or get sold on e-Bay or Craiglist at $10,000 a pop. Yeah, you can tell people that have 27 years of ticket seniority to stop going, and I can tell you to go take a hike.

Here's a newsflash- every team in the NFL makes a boatload of money regardless of ownership. In fact, the Browns (or any other team) could play to a virtually empty stadium and the owner would still make money, just less of it. TV is where the real $$$$ are.

Then you keep cheering on the Clippers and enjoy the 4-12 decades with every year ending in man we will be better next year...building for the future. The Browns still make around $36 million in operating income, drop that to $5 million and they'll notice.

Alex Mack, Joe Haden, TJ Ward, Dqwell, Rubin, and Fujita would all start on other teams.

And the AJ Green TD wasn't just Haden's fault ... it was an entire defensive lapse and the coaches should have called a time out. just saying. You can blame Haden all you want, but you would be wrong everytime. If Haden was there to cover Green one of the other 2 or 3 WRs who were totally wide open would have been thrown too instead. Haden made a ton of good plays throughout the game and was a big reason we were only in a 13-0 nothing hole and not a 21-0 hole. Haden is an absolute stud and if you can't see that we are watching different games. Oh and by the way studs efff up once in a while too.

Fujita has been going down hill since 2008. Mack is a center and most teams would not be bending over backwards to bail on their system guy. Haden is an unproven commodity, the Green play aside, he hasn't proven that he can consistently cover the top dog week in and week out. TJ Ward is thumper but his coverage ability is a joke. He is a small linebacker playing saftey. If DQ'well and Rubin were any good the Browns might be able to hold a running back under a 100. I want to believe that somehow these guys are going to be good but watching the Pats/Fins pre-game the Fins when out and picked up Dansby and Everett to make their linebackers tough we get Scott Fujita?

Fujita has been going down hill since 2008. Mack is a center and most teams would not be bending over backwards to bail on their system guy. Haden is an unproven commodity, the Green play aside, he hasn't proven that he can consistently cover the top dog week in and week out. TJ Ward is thumper but his coverage ability is a joke. He is a small linebacker playing saftey. If DQ'well and Rubin were any good the Browns might be able to hold a running back under a 100. I want to believe that somehow these guys are going to be good but watching the Pats/Fins pre-game the Fins when out and picked up Dansby and Everett to make their linebackers tough we get Scott Fujita?

Say what you want about Haden being "unproven" but every team in the league would love to have him starting for them except the Eagles who have 3 potential pro bowl CB's ... As for the other guys I will simply say that more teams would want any of those guys then would want Hillis (who you put on your list) starting for them. Ward/Haden were both pro bowl alternates in there rookie years last yr. Mack was a pro bowler. To think someone would rather have there ham and egger "system" center over a very good young center is more idiotic then the original post that started this thread off.

Did you not watch the game yesterday?? DQ and Haden both had tremendous games. If it werent for the collective brain fart on the AJ Green TD we win that game and people would have been very optimistic with the job the D did.

I completely agree with pretty much everything you said. However, there is also another problem with this franchise: negative fans who seem to bring everyone down and look at everything half empty like yourself.

Negative fans? How is this a problem with this franchise? Do we pick the players? Aren't we buying tickets?

Let's not let our team become the Chicago Cubs of football. i'm sick of this crap.

Negative fans? How is this a problem with this franchise? Do we pick the players? Aren't we buying tickets?

Let's not let our team become the Chicago Cubs of football. i'm sick of this crap.

I wasn't pointing to anyone in particular but you know there are doom and gloom fans on this board and they have shown their faces yesterday and today. People who have already written us off and said we will win 4 games AFTER THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!! People need to calm down.

I'll never jump ship but I don't go out of my way to watch the games, NFL ticket in bars here in NY, once they are 1-5 or 2-6. I'm on the fence this year about the Browns. I will say I have always liked the Vikings but they are the Browns with Peterson on the roster..

Then you keep cheering on the Clippers and enjoy the 4-12 decades with every year ending in man we will be better next year...building for the future. The Browns still make around $36 million in operating income, drop that to $5 million and they'll notice.

Your first post- from another thread tells me all I need to know about your "fandom"- or lack thereof. I'm almost certain I've seen every Browns game since 1999, and the Browns recently honored a lady that has been to every Browns home game- period. Starting in 1946.

Who said anything about the Clippers? Maybe you should start rooting for the Steelers- because they win a lot, and currently have a bunch of Bandwaggon fans, and those Vikings do have cool helmets. Hate to break it to you, but the long time Season Ticket Holders (that aren't Corporate) are the real FANS. And in case you had some difficulty in reading comprehension, short of being ultra rich (which I'm not) giving up my season tickets is not in the cards- because when the Browns DO become a top franchise again (and they will) the seats I currently have aren't replaceable- short of having about $30,000 in spare change to buy back in.

LOL, Randy Lerner might notice the income drop, but he sure wouldn't care. He's got five or ten times the financial resources of Mike Brown. Believe me, the Cinci fans have been in revolt there for the last 10 years, minus their one playoff season. So get it through you head- you can fire a GM, but you can't fire an owner.

Your first post- from another thread tells me all I need to know about your "fandom"- or lack thereof. I'm almost certain I've seen every Browns game since 1999, and the Browns recently honored a lady that has been to every Browns home game- period. Starting in 1946.

Who said anything about the Clippers? Maybe you should start rooting for the Steelers- because they win a lot, and currently have a bunch of Bandwaggon fans, and those Vikings do have cool helmets. Hate to break it to you, but the long time Season Ticket Holders (that aren't Corporate) are the real FANS. And in case you had some difficulty in reading comprehension, short of being ultra rich (which I'm not) giving up my season tickets is not in the cards- because when the Browns DO become a top franchise again (and they will) the seats I currently have aren't replaceable- short of having about $30,000 in spare change to buy back in.

LOL, Randy Lerner might notice the income drop, but he sure wouldn't care. He's got five or ten times the financial resources of Mike Brown. Believe me, the Cinci fans have been in revolt there for the last 10 years, minus their one playoff season. So get it through you head- you can fire a GM, but you can't fire an owner.

Typical Kool-Aid drinker thinking there is some honor in being a fan of a crumbling franchise. Next to the Lions the Browns are the worst franchise in the NFL and it doesn't take a genius to recognize that fact. Real fans root for a team through thick and thin and I suffered through the Drive and the fumble. Those teams and even the ones in the early 90s while they had heartbreak and they had losing years, they had an identity. They were the working man's team. They were the little engine that could. This franchise, post-Modell, is a shell of that former team. It has been replaced by a clueless owner who hires the worst management and then changes them when he realizes they stink. We are talking about a team that since 1999 has signed zero game changing free agents. Have drafted 5 times more first round busts than talent and have no identity. But you are the cool one because real men support those decisions.

I'll put it to you in easy terms if I went to a restaurant and got a decent steak for 10 years and then was served dog food for the next 10 I might ask to see the manager...

Archived