THE BROWNS BOARD

Calvin Johnson Trade

KardiacKid26

I know this may seem almost impposible, but how much would we have to give up to trade for Calvin Johnson?

Considering Dallas had to give up a 1st, 3rd and a 5th for Roy Williams, we'd probably looking at the sort of deal that got Ricky Williams to New Orleans...

Considering Dallas had to give up a 1st, 3rd and a 5th for Roy Williams, we'd probably looking at the sort of deal that got Ricky Williams to New Orleans...

Yep - he would be an OUTSTANDING player to have, but not one where you give up an entire draft. This isn't basketball - one guy really can't be responsible for 80% of the load.

Yep - he would be an OUTSTANDING player to have, but not one where you give up an entire draft. This isn't basketball - one guy really can't be responsible for 80% of the load.

Would be better to just draft Crabtree with #5 then to try that. Unless they would trade DA for him, DA and Winslow? or DA and BE! NOT ALL THREE THOUGH (not that I really want to get rid of Winslow or BE just yet.) But CJ and Winslow works for me or CJ and BE.

I like CJ and BE, but nobody is going to make that trade, CJ has been pretty solid on a shitty team. They'll hang on to him, or take the moon in exchange for him. Not happening. We have a better shot at getting Boldin since he's going to be a free agent. At this point he's a better option, although I think CJ will be better in the long run.

I agree on that, just was commenting on the orginator's proposition. We have to find a solid #2, would love it if Stallworth was that guy but he is to hot and cold. (mainly cold )

I agree on that, just was commenting on the orginator's proposition. We have to find a solid #2, would love it if Stallworth was that guy but he is to hot and cold. (mainly cold )

I agree that Stallworth was a major dissappointment and was injured most of the year. But Da never even looked at him. He would rather throw to Edwards in double coverage.

Hopefully, JJ will be our #3 next year and I don't think they will go after Housyourmama, but if they can get a #2 or early #3 for Anderson maybe we can find one in the draft. There are a lot of underclassmen that could come out and push some very good receivers into the 3rd round.

I like CJ and BE, but nobody is going to make that trade, CJ has been pretty solid on a shitty team. They'll hang on to him, or take the moon in exchange for him. Not happening. We have a better shot at getting Boldin since he's going to be a free agent. At this point he's a better option, although I think CJ will be better in the long run.

I dont think Boldin is a free agent this time, i think he has 1-2 years left on his contract...

When I read this thread I thought..."Isnt it nice to dream?"...Then I woke up and grimaced......

Archived