THE BROWNS BOARD

Rob Ryan: Defensive Genius. Dick Jauron: Defensive Joke.

miktoxic

rob ryan's defensive scheme against the jets was unbelieveable. cowboys lost because of their head coach and the offense. rob will be a head coach next year or very soon thereafter. too bad we had to let him go. seems like (after one game, i know) our defense was at least fired up to play last year. right now i'll take mangini/ryan over shurmer/jauron leading our team any day.

walrus, you better know what you're doing. douche.

Thank god Browns coaches dont give 2 shits what any of us on this forum thinks....

They are the pros we are the armchair qbs...

They are 0-1, lost to one of the worst teams in the league, at home, on opening day.......We at least are 0-0

Thank god Browns coaches dont give 2 shits what any of us on this forum thinks....

They are the pros we are the armchair qbs...

correctomundo. that's why i'm posting this on this forum and not sending them a telegram, email or letter.

what, now you can't post opinions?

cheers to your cat!

Thanks.... that cat has gotten so fat he can hardly lick him self...

I agree this forum is for our opinions but people have a way of jumping the gun. Dude... this is another one of our many many re-building years... New coaching staff etc... we have to give them all a chance. Besides who is better trained at losing then a Browns fan... :wacko:

yeah my pit bull is so spoiled he's pushing 80 lbs. he goes nuts when the phone rings after we've called for a food delivery. then he'll sit about a foot away but not look at you as if he's doing something wrong, but gets hand fed. i keep telling him the other dogs from the pound we got him from are gonna beat him up so they can move in and get this deal.

peace fellow browns/animal lover.

Honestly I didn't think out Defensive coaching was bad yesterday it just came down to players getting the job done and they couldn't do it. Same thing with our offense, you can't throw or run when only 2 of your 5 O-Linemen can block (and thats being nice because Thomas did a poor job of run blocking yesterday as well, but at least he did decent pass blocking). Hell even if you just have Pashos starting thats a few better runs and completed passes and possibly a Browns win. The only thing I think the coaches need to work on is player disapline, and that happens by taking Mangini's example and making players run during practice for making mistakes, I would start by making the players run a lap for every penalty made, minus that bogus roughing the ref call.

rob ryan's defensive scheme against the jets was unbelieveable. cowboys lost because of their head coach and the offense. rob will be a head coach next year or very soon thereafter. too bad we had to let him go. seems like (after one game, i know) our defense was at least fired up to play last year. right now i'll take mangini/ryan over shurmer/jauron leading our team any day.

I'd like to point out that until the total mental gaff of the entire D still being in a huddle CLE had given up 132 passing yards and less than 100 yards rushing all day. That was at 4:45 to go in the game. CLE also sacked Cincy QBs 4 times and pressured them several times. All w/o having to bring 6, 7, or 8 guys.

Looking good against Mark Sanchez really isn't much of an accomplishment. He gets fooled by just about every D thrown at him. That Rob Ryan D last night still got torched by Sanchez for 300+ yards in the air. The one thing Rob's D did for a change was top the run. Then again the Jets only ran it 16 times. I'd hardly call that scheme last night unbelievable. By year end the Cowboys D will be just like his D's were in OAK and CLE. Near the bottom of the league in rushing yards and getting burned often by the excessive blitz.

theres probably 5 kids from Glenville High School that could work their way in n play for the browns. Couple receivers special teams...least they would have speed, quickness and agility

I love the browns and dream of a day when we have an offense like the saints or the greatest show on turf had! How hard would the city of Cleveland be rocking?

Blackmon sweepstakes here we come!

Yes, and they are REALLY good pros.

Hey Jibz.. do you have any Preparation H? It seems as our "pros" just took a terrible ass phukcing from the Bengals.

Yeah... I had to order the good stuff from Canada since the USA doesn't put the real meds in their Prep H! lol

I have to hope that a coach making way more then any of us could ever make.... should be a pro... I need more weeks of this crew to make a real decision. I still feel good about the Walrus being in charge.

Lets hope the browns make it at least intersting against the horses.

That genius' defense gave up 390 yards of offense??? Rex Ryan (the other defensive genius) saw his team give up 360 yards of offense.

That genius' defense gave up 390 yards of offense??? Rex Ryan (the other defensive genius) saw his team give up 360 yards of offense.

and what teams are we talking about maybe the favorites in their respective divisions. pleeez last year with less talent on the field our coaching staff beat some of the best teams in the nfl and should have won maybe four more games that we were in on before losing in the final minutes.

cincinnati?

and what teams are we talking about maybe the favorites in their respective divisions. pleeez last year with less talent on the field our coaching staff beat some of the best teams in the nfl and should have won maybe four more games that we were in on before losing in the final minutes.

cincinnati?

Great we beat New England and New Orleans. We also should've lost to Carolina (missed FG at the end of the game), how many games did they win? We got shelled by Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Your defensive genius left Eric Wright on Boldin in the first Baltimore game to keep getting burned and made no adjustment when it was clear to any idiot watching on TV that he couldn't cover him. Wouldn't a defensive genius be able to see that and make a change during the game?

I hated the game on Sunday as much as anyone but I'll give the coaching staff more than one game (especially with no offseaon) to make a judgement.

theres probably 5 kids from Glenville High School that could work their way in n play for the browns. Couple receivers special teams...least they would have speed, quickness and agility

I love the browns and dream of a day when we have an offense like the saints or the greatest show on turf had! How hard would the city of Cleveland be rocking?

Blackmon sweepstakes here we come!

I think Glenville is like 0-2 this year. Maybe you should say "there are 5 kids from Mentor" or some other good high school team. By the way, here are the Top 10 in Ohio HS football rankings so far (biggest school division):

1 St. Xavier (Cincinnati) OH 3-0 0-0 67.5 47.4 +3

2 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati, OH) OH 3-0 0-0 65.3 40.3 --

3 St. Edward (Lakewood, OH) OH 3-0 0-0 65.1 39.1 -2

4 Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) OH 2-1 0-0 61.5 52.2 -1

5 Middletown (OH) OH 3-0 0-0 60.6 40.2 --

6 Mentor (OH) OH 3-0 1-0 58.2 33.2 +1

7 Elder (Cincinnati, OH) OH 2-1 0-0 57.6 51.2 -1

8 Austintown-Fitch (Youngstown, OH) OH 2-0 0-0 57 32.5 --

9 La Salle (Cincinnati, OH) OH 3-0 0-0 55.3 36.4 --

10 Solon (OH)

Do you think maybe that the schools from the Cincinnati area may be a little overrated? 6 in the top 10? Curious

I think Glenville is like 0-2 this year. Maybe you should say "there are 5 kids from Mentor" or some other good high school team. By the way, here are the Top 10 in Ohio HS football rankings so far (biggest school division):

1 St. Xavier (Cincinnati) OH 3-0 0-0 67.5 47.4 +3

2 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati, OH) OH 3-0 0-0 65.3 40.3 --

3 St. Edward (Lakewood, OH) OH 3-0 0-0 65.1 39.1 -2

4 Colerain (Cincinnati, OH) OH 2-1 0-0 61.5 52.2 -1

5 Middletown (OH) OH 3-0 0-0 60.6 40.2 --

6 Mentor (OH) OH 3-0 1-0 58.2 33.2 +1

7 Elder (Cincinnati, OH) OH 2-1 0-0 57.6 51.2 -1

8 Austintown-Fitch (Youngstown, OH) OH 2-0 0-0 57 32.5 --

9 La Salle (Cincinnati, OH) OH 3-0 0-0 55.3 36.4 --

10 Solon (OH)

Do you think maybe that the schools from the Cincinnati area may be a little overrated? 6 in the top 10? Curious

There 1-2, and lost two very very close games by combined 12 pts to st eds (3rd ohio) and camden country (ranked 23 in Georgia) I don't think their overrated, these schools are powerhouses every year, St. Xavier and esp Moeller look good this year and are packed with talent. Only suprise would be maybe Colerain, whose only loss comes by St. Xavier soooo cant blame them there. How about Austintown-Fitch??? Havent heard or seen much of them in the years past....remebered playing them my senior year, they were very good in bball that year, beat us by 8 or 10

There 1-2, and lost two very very close games by combined 12 pts to st eds (3rd ohio) and camden country (ranked 23 in Georgia) I don't think their overrated, these schools are powerhouses every year, St. Xavier and esp Moeller look good this year and are packed with talent. Only suprise would be maybe Colerain, whose only loss comes by St. Xavier soooo cant blame them there. How about Austintown-Fitch??? Havent heard or seen much of them in the years past....remebered playing them my senior year, they were very good in bball that year, beat us by 8 or 10

OK, but where are Canton McKinley and Massillon, the traditional powerhouses. (The problem of course is that the public schools cannot compete with the parochial schools who can recruit from anywhere. Massillon must get its kid from Massillon. Xavier and St. Ed can get their kids from anywhere in the greater Cincy or Cleveland areas)

OK, but where are Canton McKinley and Massillon, the traditional powerhouses. (The problem of course is that the public schools cannot compete with the parochial schools who can recruit from anywhere. Massillon must get its kid from Massillon. Xavier and St. Ed can get their kids from anywhere in the greater Cincy or Cleveland areas)

so what? are you suggesting a different formula or seperate rankings for public/private??

so what? are you suggesting a different formula or seperate rankings for public/private??

I don't really like that idea either. I know some states do that. It is a quandary to me what to do. For now I guess it will just have to stay as is.

Last year when the school from the district I live in, Wadsworth, won the State wrestling title, beating out St. Ed's, it was like the first time in about 30 years that a public HS won that title. The St. Ed's recruiting machine was always too much to beat. But those guys, all living in a single school district performed a minor miracle and took home the title. Not sure how long it has been since a public school won the State football title. I will retab and check.......

I found this: all the football winners in all divisions since playoffs began in 1972:

Year D1/AAA D2 D3/AA D4 D5/A D6

2010 Lakewood St. Edward Maple Heights Columbus Bishop Watterson Columbus Bishop Hartley Youngstown Ursuline Delphos St. John's

2009 Hilliard Davidson Cincinnati Winton Woods Youngstown Cardinal Mooney Kettering Archbishop Alter Youngstown Ursuline Norwalk St. Paul

2008 Cleveland St. Ignatius Sylvania Southview Aurora High School Kettering Archbishop Alter Youngstown Ursuline Delphos St. John's

2007 Cincinnati St. Xavier Cincinnati Anderson Sunbury Big Walnut Coldwater Maria Stein Marion Local Newark Catholic

2006 Hilliard Davidson Piqua Steubenville Youngstown Cardinal Mooney St. Henry Maria Stein Marion Local

2005 Cincinnati St. Xavier Toledo Central Catholic Steubenville Coldwater Hamler Patrick Henry Delphos St. John's

2004 Cincinnati Colerain Columbus Brookhaven Cleveland Benedictine Youngstown Cardinal Mooney St. Henry Dola Hardin Northern

2003 Cincinnati Elder Avon Lake Cleveland Benedictine Versailles Gahanna Columbus Academy Columbus Grove

2002 Cincinnati Elder Dayton Chaminade-Julienne Columbus Bishop Watterson Kenton Marion Pleasant Mogadore

2001 Cleveland St. Ignatius Toledo St. Francis De Sales Mentor Lake Catholic Kenton Bedford St. Peter Chanel Maria Stein Marion Local

2000 Upper Arlington Olmsted Falls Canton Central Catholic Youngstown Ursuline Amanda-Clearcreek Maria Stein Marion Local

1999 Cleveland St. Ignatius Cuyahoga Falls Walsh Jesuit Poland Seminary Perkins Amanda-Clearcreek Delphos St. John's

1998 Canton McKinley Lebanon Columbus St. Francis De Sales Orrville Versailles Delphos St. John's

1997 Canton McKinley Defiance Columbus St. Francis De Sales Germantown Valley View Liberty Center Delphos St. John's

1996 Lima Senior Fostoria Cleveland Benedictine Germantown Valley View Marion Pleasant Mogadore

1995 Cleveland St. Ignatius Dublin Scioto Clyde Versailles Lisbon David Anderson St. Henry

1994 Cleveland St. Ignatius Chardon Beloit West Branch Germantown Valley View Versailles St. Henry

1993 Cleveland St. Ignatius St. Marys Memorial Wauseon Versailles Steubenville Catholic Central

1992 Cleveland St. Ignatius St. Marys Memorial Mentor Lake Catholic Cincinnati Academy of Physical Education St. Henry

1991 Cleveland St. Ignatius Fostoria Mentor Lake Catholic Warren John F. Kennedy Newark Catholic

1990 Warren Warren G. Harding St. Marys Memorial Hamilton Badin Versailles St. Henry

1989 Cleveland St. Ignatius Cleveland St. Joseph Ironton Wheelersburg Minster

1988 Cleveland St. Ignatius Akron Buchtel Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary Canton Central Catholic Archbold

1987 Cincinnati Princeton Akron Buchtel Youngstown Cardinal Mooney Gahanna Columbus Academy Newark Catholic

1986 Fairfield Cincinnati Purcell Marian Cincinnati Academy of Physical Education Columbus Bishop Hartley Newark Catholic

1985 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller Galion Columbus St. Francis De Sales Cincinnati Academy of Physical Education Newark Catholic

1984 Toledo St. Francis De Sales Steubenville Elyria Catholic Louisville St. Thomas Aquinas Newark Catholic

1983 Cincinnati Princeton Brecksville-Broadview Heights Elyria Catholic Columbus Bishop Ready McComb

1982 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller Youngstown Cardinal Mooney Akron St. Vincent - St. Mary West Jefferson Newark Catholic

1981 Canton McKinley Cleveland Benedictine Akron St. Vincent - St. Mary Nelsonville-York Tiffin Calvert

1980 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller Youngstown Cardinal Mooney Cleveland Benedictine Garfield Heights Trinity Tiffin Calvert

1979 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller Ironton Mogadore

1978 Cincinnati Princeton Brookfield Newark Catholic

1977 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller Cincinnati Wyoming Crooksville

1976 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller Elyria Catholic West Jefferson

1975 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller Cleveland Holy Name Carey

1974 Warren Warren G. Harding Norwalk Franklin Bishop Fenwick

1973 Youngstown Cardinal Mooney Cleveland Benedictine Franklin Bishop Fenwick

1972 Warren Western Reserve Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary Marion Pleasant

It sucks that St. Eds and St. Xavier are now football powers, as each of these schools for generations have been the dominant power in wrestling and swimming respectively.

But check this out:

Golf:

1970 Coshocton

1969 Upper Arlington

1968 Upper Arlington

1967 Shaker Heights

1966 Ravenna

1965 Upper Arlington

1964 Norton

1963 Kettering Fairmont West

1962 Ashland

1961 Kettering Fairmont

1960 Upper Arlington

1959 Shaker Heights

1958 Shaker Heights

1957 Cincinnati St Xavier

1956 Upper Arlington

1955 Columbus Aquinas

1954 Columbus Aquinas

1953 Columbus Aquinas

1952 Youngstown East

1951 Circleville

1964, The one and only team sport state championship my high school has ever won. Just like the Browns....we've been waiting since the same year to win another one. There was only one division in the entire state then for golf.

I liked Rob Ryan to but his first 3 games with the Browns his defense gave up over 30 points a game. All resulting in losses.

It's probably a bit early to wanna axe Jauron after one game. I was pleasantly surprised how well the D played with the short time they've

had to prepare. They showed the ability to dominate the Bengals, it was just mental errors at the end and poor field position in the

beginning that hurt us. With more time in the system I think we're gonna be alright.

Archived