THE BROWNS BOARD

Manny In Custody.

Cowsrus

Manny Ramirez is in police custody. Now I know not all of the facts re are in but I am so sick of people (not neccesarily here) saying ah, it's just Manny being Manny. It stopped being cute a looong time ago. And I still say he "retired" because he didn't wanna own up to testing dirty and take his punishment like a man. JMO.

http://www.woio.com/story/15445823/report

Report: Manny Ramirez arrested in Florida

Posted: Sep 12, 2011 9:06 PM EDT

Updated: Sep 12, 2011 9:06 PM EDT

Former Indian Manny Ramirez arrested in FloridaFormer Indians outfielder Manny Ramirez has been arrested in Florida and is currently in custody, TMZ Sports is reporting.

Ramirez was removed from his Weston, Fla. home in handcuffs around 7 p.m., sources are saying. Two witnesses allege that Ramirez was involved in a dispute with his wife, Juliana.

She later left the home after Ramirez was removed in a police car.

Ramirez retired suddenly in the spring after he tested positive for the second time for performance-enhancing drugs, which would have earned him a 100-game ban had he remained in the game.

Ramirez was one of baseball's best hitters in the 1990s and 2000s, beginning with the Indians before winning two World Series rings with the Red Sox. After forcing himself out of town in the final year of his eight-year, $160 million deal with Boston, Ramirez landed in Los Angeles with the Dodgers until partway through 2010, when he finished the year up with the White Sox.

It was with the Dodgers that Ramirez received his first suspension for performance-enhancing drugs after reportedly testing positive in a sealed 2003 test, which enough players did so to trigger permanent drug-testing. Ramirez hit 547 home runs in his career.

No other information is available, but this story is developing. Stay tuned.

Posted by Evan Brunell on CBSSports.com

Archived