THE BROWNS BOARD

Its Bad When Signing The Worst Player In The League Is An Improvement

kamac19

Browns sign P - Maynard

Think this kinda shows some of the mentality going round the front office in Berea at present when this is the best they can come up with, but hey suppose its better than watching a supposed professional athlete trying to kick the ball more than 30 yds and failing.

GO BROWNS !!!!!!

There had to be someone better out there, makes you think they're trying to suck this year if anything.

pretty sad for mcgee though hahah, the worst punter in the league last year being better than him. don't feel bad for him at all, he collected a 6 figure check in exchange for horrible punting that was one of the driving factors to the Browns loss.

Browns sign P - Maynard

Think this kinda shows some of the mentality going round the front office in Berea at present when this is the best they can come up with, but hey suppose its better than watching a supposed professional athlete trying to kick the ball more than 30 yds and failing.

GO BROWNS !!!!!!

:) I'll take a 40 yard average over a 26 yard average per shank. Those are killers. He did OK in directional punting, middle of the pack kicks inside 20.

And McGee is now claiming to have a herniated disc in his back according to ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/6965907/agent-says-cleveland-browns-put-punter-richmond-mcgee-ir.

McGee says it happened in warmups so the Browns have now put him on the IR. I call BS on this because I find it hard to believe that you could even punt the ball at all with that kind of an injury. Plus his agent says he won't need surgery. Sounds like he is just embarrassed from a really poor days work..

Yeah, that must be it. That's why they signed a 14-year veteran who had less than half of his punts returned last year. Cause they are trying hard to suck. He had 14 kicks out of bounds, 15 that were downed, and 24 inside the 20. He's an experienced veteran directional punter. We could have done a lot worse. He may not have the leg of Reggie Hodges anymore, but we can count on him not to screw up. Kind of comforting that they went for a vet, actually.

Zombo

--Wasn't Chicago in the NFC Championship with this guy 8 months ago?

Now Zombo, we're already stuck with one OLD kicker in Dawson...why would we want another?? :rolleyes:

I totally agree with you. This actually may be a great signing as he is an established comodity. Stats you state above are impressive regardless of age (as are Dawson's).

Mike

Playoffs?? Playoffs!!?!

Were just trying to win a damn game!!!

Oh so your one of those classic Brown's who only gives people 2 seasons to get a job done (less since you basically just said you hated him since he came in). How has that worked out for this franchise? 2 years and out seems to be the way to go in this league if you ask me!? I stick by my statement, your a xxxxing moron.

I dont care for 2 and out regime policies but i also dont like the idea of getting stuck with a bad or the wrong regime for 10 years either..

A legit regime needs 3 years minimal but if it is not succeeding in 3 years or at least closing the gap on success it should be terminated..

In the case of the lerner browns and 12 years of mismanagement and bad clueless ownership it could take 4 years for a legit regime to get the team back on track but with no owner looking over their shoulder and only a 5 year contract for huge money why would they care?

Archived