THE BROWNS BOARD

The Defense

The Gipper

In anticipation of this game with the Colts, an observation about the Browns defense: I believe that overall they played a good game against the Bengals. The two scores against them in the 1st quarter came about as a result of poor field position caused mainly by the poor punting game of the Browns.

But then there were the two mind boggling lapses in the 4th quarter on the quick snap where they were not ready and on the run by Benson where it also looked like the defense was completely out of position to make the play.

Just goes to show that a defense can go 80 plays in a game and play well in 75-80 of those plays, but it is that one or two F***ups that will lose you a game.

The goal Sunday is to eliminate those 1 or 2 F***ups.

In anticipation of this game with the Colts, an observation about the Browns defense: I believe that overall they played a good game against the Bengals. The two scores against them in the 1st quarter came about as a result of poor field position caused mainly by the poor punting game of the Browns.

But then there were the two mind boggling lapses in the 4th quarter on the quick snap where they were not ready and on the run by Benson where it also looked like the defense was completely out of position to make the play.

Just goes to show that a defense can go 80 plays in a game and play well in 75-80 of those plays, but it is that one or two F***ups that will lose you a game.

The goal Sunday is to eliminate those 1 or 2 F***ups.

Agreed. i was trying hard to try to like this defense. My efforts were beginning to work until they lost the game. Same $h!t, different year.

I don't know if its the same shit different year. The defense did look good for the most part on Sunday. I'm giving them another week or so before I pass complete judgement.

I liked what I saw until they all fell asleep on that one play.

I'm still on board for this year, I think that other than the brain cramp we played a good defensive game... The last TD was a result of selling out on that play and without that run statistically the team did a good job against the run...

I'm not ready to call it a day yet, beat the Colts and were 1 & 1 just like most of us expected...

Damn, didn't Haden look great and maybe its about time we gave up on Pashos and got another body that can play....

Browns 28 Colts 17.............

Peace

T.Dawg

Archived