THE BROWNS BOARD

Dolphins/browns Trivia

The Gipper

Here is some trivia on this week's matchup: Browns vs. Dolphins:

1. What is the all time regular season head to head record between the Browns and the Dolphins?

2. What is the postseason record between the Browns and Dolphins?

3. The Dolpnins have had 4 players born and/or raised in Northeast Ohio lead them in receiving (catches) in a season. Name the 4 players.

4. The Dolphins leading rusher in 1996-97-98 also played for the Browns. Name him.

5. Don Shula, the Dolphins...and the NFL's all time winningest coach is from Painesville and attended John Carroll U.

What other former Dolphin's HC also went to college in Northeast Ohio?

6. Stow native Larry Csonka is the Dolphin's career rushing leader....but, only by 301 yards. Who is second behind Csonka in career rushing for the Dolphins? (hint: not from NEO)

7. Shula coached the Dolphins for 26 years. How many losing seasons did he have in those years?

8. What native of Ohio in the entertainment business was the original co-owner of the Dolphins along with Joe Robbie?

9. Mrs. Robert Swanson of Miami was granted lifetime season tickets to Dolphins games as a result of being one of over 600 people who sent in the name of "Dolphins" in the contest to name the team. She got that prize by being the person among those over 600 to correctly name the score of the 1965 Miami U. vs. Notre Dame college football game.

What was the score of that game that she correctly predicted?

10. Just like in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, the Dolphins DID have a real Dolphin in a tank at the east end of the Orange Bowl as a mascot that was taught to do flips and jumps when the Dolphins scored. What was the name of that Dolphin? Hint: it was not Snowflake as in the movie.

11. After the 1974 season, Csonka, Kiick and Warfield all left the Dolphins for a team in the newly created World Football League. They went to the same team. Where was that team located?

12. The Dolphins have drafted 2 players from Ohio State in the first round in their history. Name these 2 players.

Bonus: The Dolphins still have on their roster a player whom they drafted in 1997, by far the longest tenured player on their roster. Who is this player?

Extra bonus: What college did he play for?

An aside on question #6. Like Mrs. Swanson, I too suggested and submitted the chosen name to a new professional sports team, but all I got in recognition for my submission of the name was a lousy T-Shirt.

That team?: The Akron Aeros.

(I chose the name because of Goodyear Aerospace, Loral, Lockheed Martin, BFGoodrich, and other area companies had their hands in the Aerospace Industry....including historically Akron was the original home of the original American lighter than air ships...or Zeppelin's. The Macon and the Akron, and the Shenandoah, which all, like the Hindenberg crashed, though not quite so spectacularly)

1. What is the all time regular season head to head record between the Browns and the Dolphins?

3. The Browns have had 4 players born and/or raised in Northeast Ohio lead them in receiving (catches) in a season. Name the 4 players. Lavelli and Warfield

4. The Dolphins leading rusher in 1996-97-98 also played for the Browns. Name him. Abdul Jabbar

5. Don Shula, the Dolphins...and the NFL's all time winningest coach is from Painesville and attended John Carroll U.

What other former Dolphin's HC also went to college in Northeast Ohio? Nick Saban at Kent

6. Stow native Larry Csonka is the Dolphin's career rushing leader....but, only by 301 yards. Who is second behind Csonka in career rushing for the Dolphins? (hint: not from NEO)I will go with Ronnie Brown over Mercury Morris and Tony Nathan

7. Shula coached the Dolphins for 26 years. How many losing seasons did he have in those years? 2

8. What native of Ohio in the entertainment business was the original co-owner of the Dolphins along with Joe Robbie? Danny Thomas or maybe Bob Hope

9. Mrs. Robert Swanson of Miami was granted lifetime season tickets to Dolphins games as a result of being one of over 600 people who sent in the name of "Dolphins" in the contest to name the team. She got that prize by being the person among those over 600 to correctly name the score of the 1965 Miami U. vs. Notre Dame college football game.

10. Just like in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, the Dolphins DID have a real Dolphin in a tank at the east end of the Orange Bowl as a mascot that was taught to do flips and jumps when the Dolphins scored. What was the name of that Dolphin? Hint: it was not Snowflake as in the movie. Flipper

11. After the 1974 season, Csonka, Kiick and Warfield all left the Dolphins for a team in the newly created World Football League. They went to the same team. Where was that team located? Toronto

12. The Dolphins have drafted 2 players from Ohio State in the first round in their history. Name these 2 players. Ted Ginn and Eric Kumerow

Bonus: The Dolphins still have on their roster a player whom they drafted in 1997, by far the longest tenured player on their roster. Who is this player? Jason Taylor

Extra bonus: What college did he play for? Akron

3. The Dolphins have had 4 players born and/or raised in Northeast Ohio lead them in receiving (catches) in a season. Name the 4 players. Lavelli and Warfield

I made a mistake on this question by saying Browns when I meant Dolphins. I will correct it by edit. Your answer of Warfield of course is right, but there are 3 others.

4. The Dolphins leading rusher in 1996-97-98 also played for the Browns. Name him. Abdul Jabbar Check

What other former Dolphin's HC also went to college in Northeast Ohio? Nick Saban at Kent Check

6. Stow native Larry Csonka is the Dolphin's career rushing leader....but, only by 301 yards. Who is second behind Csonka in career rushing for the Dolphins? (hint: not from NEO)I will go with Ronnie Brown over Mercury Morris and Tony Nathan

NO

7. Shula coached the Dolphins for 26 years. How many losing seasons did he have in those years? 2

Check

8. What native of Ohio in the entertainment business was the original co-owner of the Dolphins along with Joe Robbie? Danny Thomas or maybe Bob Hope

Danny Thomas is correct

10. Just like in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, the Dolphins DID have a real Dolphin in a tank at the east end of the Orange Bowl as a mascot that was taught to do flips and jumps when the Dolphins scored. What was the name of that Dolphin? Hint: it was not Snowflake as in the movie. Flipper

Check

11. After the 1974 season, Csonka, Kiick and Warfield all left the Dolphins for a team in the newly created World Football League. They went to the same team. Where was that team located? Toronto Check

12. The Dolphins have drafted 2 players from Ohio State in the first round in their history. Name these 2 players. Ted Ginn and Eric Kumerow Check

Bonus: The Dolphins still have on their roster a player whom they drafted in 1997, by far the longest tenured player on their roster. Who is this player? Jason Taylor Check

Extra bonus: What college did he play for? Akron Check

3. The Dolphins have had 4 players born and/or raised in Northeast Ohio lead them in receiving (catches) in a season. Name the 4 players. Lavelli and Warfield have to be the only Browns unless there is someone I am missing from the 50's or something. Regarding Warfield and the other 3 Dolphins, I'll go with OJ McDuffie from Hawken and Penn State, Chris Chambers from Bedford and Wisconsin and Ted Ginn Jr from Glenville and OSU.

NO This one has me perplexed. I didn't think Ricky Williams had enough to be the leader, but if it is not the others, it must be him.

Flipper was a joke guess BTW. I knew that as much as I know the homo's name who dresses up as Steely McBeam.

3. The Dolphins have had 4 players born and/or raised in Northeast Ohio lead them in receiving (catches) in a season. Name the 4 players. Lavelli and Warfield have to be the only Browns unless there is someone I am missing from the 50's or something. Regarding Warfield and the other 3 Dolphins, I'll go with OJ McDuffie from Hawken and Penn State, Chris Chambers from Bedford and Wisconsin and Ted Ginn Jr from Glenville and OSU.

NO This one has me perplexed. I didn't think Ricky Williams had enough to be the leader, but if it is not the others, it must be him.

Flipper was a joke guess BTW. I knew that as much as I know the homo's name who dresses up as Steely McBeam.

These Answers are both correct.

Update: Only 3 Questions not answered correctly yet:

1. What is the head to head regular season record Browns vs. Dolphins?

2. What is the post season record between the two?

3. What was the score of the 1965 Notre Dame/Miami U game predicted by Mrs. Swanson to give her lifetime season tickets?

Update: Only 3 Questions not answered correctly yet:

1. What is the head to head regular season record Browns vs. Dolphins?

7-7

2. What is the post season record between the two?

2-0 Miami

3. What was the score of the 1965 Notre Dame/Miami U game predicted by Mrs. Swanson to give her lifetime season tickets?

These have been mostly answered already, but here if the final, official version of the answers:

Sunday's game is a sort of rubber match and the teams are 7-7 against each other.

However, the Dophins have a 2-0 lead in postseason. In their undefeated 1972 season the Fins won by 20-14. Many say that this game is the closest the Fish came to losing a game that entire year. Then in 1985 the Browns blew a 21-3 halftime lead to lose 24-21 in Bernie Kosar's rookie season.

3. The Dolpnins have had 4 players born and/or raised in Northeast Ohio lead them in receiving (catches) in a season. Name the 4 players.

Paul Warfield from Warren

OJ McDuffie from Hawken school

Chris Chambers from Cleveland

Ted Ginn Jr. from Glenville

4. The Dolphins leading rusher in 1996-97-98 also played for the Browns. Name him.

Karim Abdul-Jabbar

What other former Dolphin's HC also went to college in Northeast Ohio?

Nick Saban went to Kent St.

6. Stow native Larry Csonka is the Dolphin's career rushing leader....but, only by 301 yards. Who is second behind Csonka in career rushing for the Dolphins? (hint: not from NEO)

Ricky Williams

7. Shula coached the Dolphins for 26 years. How many losing seasons did he have in those years?

Only 2: 1976 and 1988

8. What native of Ohio in the entertainment business was the original co-owner of the Dolphins along with Joe Robbie?

Danny Thomas of Toledo

She predicted that the game would end in a 0-0 tie, and that is exactly what happenned!

10. Just like in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, the Dolphins DID have a real Dolphin in a tank at the east end of the Orange Bowl as a mascot that was taught to do flips and jumps when the Dolphins scored. What was the name of that Dolphin? Hint: it was not Snowflake as in the movie.

Flipper, after the TV show Dolphin

11. After the 1974 season, Csonka, Kiick and Warfield all left the Dolphins for a team in the newly created World Football League. They went to the same team. Where was that team located?

They all signed with the Toronto Northmen, and I believe played 1 season before the league folded.

12. The Dolphins have drafted 2 players from Ohio State in the first round in their history. Name these 2 players.

1988 Eric Kumerow and 2007 Ted Ginn Jr.

Bonus: The Dolphins still have on their roster a player whom they drafted in 1997, by far the longest tenured player on their roster. Who is this player? Jason Taylor, back after playing with a couple of other teams.

Extra bonus: What college did he play for? Fear the Roo, Akron U.

Archived