THE BROWNS BOARD

Former Raven And Brown Orlando Brown Found Dead

Tim Couch Pulls Out

OWINGS MILLS -- Former Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns offensive tackle Orlando "Zeus" Brown has passed away from unknown causes.

The massive former NFL lineman was 40 years old. The cause of death wasn't immediately known, according to team officials who said Brown's family grew concerned when they hadn't heard from him in a few days.

"We send our condolences to the family of Orlando Brown," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "Everybody knew what he meant to this organization. We're forever grateful for what he did for the present team. We can't express enough sorrow for his loss."

The Ravens learned of Brown's death during practice.

"We just found out before the end of practice," said Harry Swayne, Brown's former teammate and fellow tackle. "We were close friends. It's tough, it's tough. I talked to him a month ago and told him, 'Zeus, you didn't have to block half the people you played against because they were scared of you.'

"He was a puppy dog, a big old puppy dog with a little bit of a bark. He had a lot of friends around the league. He was one of the best guys. It's a tough loss."

He was a beast. So much potential. It was sad that his career took the turn that it did after the beanbag incident. 40 is way to early to go.

Maybe his family can bring a wrongful death action against that ref? Seriously (well not really), but his career and his life went downhill from that incident it seems.

Or, in the words of Charlie Sheen: "Drugs?"

Maybe his family can bring a wrongful death action against that ref? Seriously (well not really), but his career and his life went downhill from that incident it seems.

It's sad one has to think that, but that was my thought as well, or the impact of roids.....that guy did have a roid rage temper.

At any rate, way too young.

I hope his family finds peace.

I believe he sued the NFL for the incident and settled out of court for around 25 million. It is very sad to see someone pass away at 40, but assuming he didn't blow the 25 million, his family should be well cared for..

When he was here my friend worked as a cook for the browns. Ling story short Zeus gave her money for an ounce of weed and she stuffed him on it. We actually sat in the bathroom smoking his pot while he banged on the door.. if he's dead I can stop worrying that he's gonna kill me.

what a dick move. i woulda beat both your asses.

Archived