THE BROWNS BOARD

Thoughts On Titans

Nw220

They Titans seem to be a very sneaky team that beat Baltimore and im not sure what to make of them yet,i do think we will win.

Also saw they lost Kenny Britt with an injury that should only help are chances.

Chris Johnson only has 98 yards in 3 games maybe we can contain him as well.

Whats everyones thoughts on the Titans next week??

Chris Johnson scares me. We are stout against the run up the middle, but the thing that has killed us is speed... and what does Chris Johnson have? Speed. Lots of it.

Great point. The Browns, because of the below average OLBs, have been vulnerable at the edges and Johnson is just the kind of guy that can take advantage of that. Plus, the Titans have a wily veteran QB who in the past has been a proven winner. Things to think....and worry about.

Yeah that does worry me some to Chris Johnson on the outside but if we can gameplan to control him and continue to put pressure on the QB i like are chances...

Dont be surprized to see this team get better next week as well a win like they had last week goes a long way to building chemistry for this football team.

Maybe 3-1 how that would look so nice.

Titans may be one of the toughest defenses that we will face until we see Balt. or Pitt.

They lead the league with the fewest amount of points allowed.

If we can get the running game going early we should be able to compete.

we also need to watch Chris Johnson and keep him under 100 yards. He has yet to do anything this season after his holdout. (3 games and a mere 98 yards for CJ). But we dont want to wake him up and handover to him a career day. Everyone knows what he is capable of doing.

Based on the fact Britt is likely out for the season now with an ACL, i think the gameplan defensively is simple: stop CJ2k by any means necessary early. It's clear that he's better than his numbers so far, and he has a good opportunity to exploit that. I like Haden to play some man coverage and shut down nate washington (defacto #1 now) and hopefully we can contain either hawkins and the other guys in the WR corp. Hasslebeck has actually looked fairly solid so far, but losing Britt is huge.

Titans are a team I had rated a little bigher than most this year bec,ause I like Hasslebeck and the defense ain't bad. I had them finishing second and challenging for a playoff spot. They will get CJ going, Munchak loves to run at teams. The Kenny Britt injury helps us though, because now we can put Haden on an island and blitz the immobile Hasslebeck. If we get a pass rush like we had Sunday we will cause Hbeck some pain. Now that Hardesty got his ears wet, we c,an use him in a one two punch and gash them with H & H. Can't see either team blowing out the other, it'll be a dogfight, I think McCoy has a big game in him though.

Z

Titans are a team I had rated a little bigher than most this year bec,ause I like Hasslebeck and the defense ain't bad. I had them finishing second and challenging for a playoff spot. They will get CJ going, Munchak loves to run at teams. The Kenny Britt injury helps us though, because now we can put Haden on an island and blitz the immobile Hasslebeck. If we get a pass rush like we had Sunday we will cause Hbeck some pain. Now that Hardesty got his ears wet, we c,an use him in a one two punch and gash them with H & H. Can't see either team blowing out the other, it'll be a dogfight, I think McCoy has a big game in him though.

Z

Regarding the D, I look to see less and less of Sheldon Brown, and more and more of Patterson and Skrine. If SB can't cover a slow white guy like Hartline, time to send him to the bench- or backup saftey. I agree- put a hurting on Hasselbeck early, and contain CJ.

Offensively, I think McCoy bounces back from a terrible game- that's the most inaccurate I've ever seen him. And here's hoping those massive doses of antibiotics have cured Hillis by Sunday (they should have) but he may not be 100%. Hardesty showed some nice burst against the Fins, if he gets openings. And will we ever see Pussyfooot Pashos make his grand appearance at RT? Sheeze, the Browns are being mighty coy about his injury- is it Turf Toe, or a LisFranc injury? Really long time to be out with a foot injury.

Browns d line gets stronger every week. Seems like they are starting to gel. Rubin is a beast while sheard and taylor appear to be the real deal.

Expect a big game from them against the titans.

I agree. Cinci exposed our weakness by running around the end (especially on the left), but in the next game against the Colts, they had no success trying the same thing. I think we made the adjustments/learning and shut the outside gap down. This forced the running back to the inside where the OLB could make the tackle.

Defense- With Kenny Britt out for the season Joe Haden will have Nate Washington on lockdown while Sheldon Brown will cover the #3 WR who is now the #2 WR which means that Brown may actually be able to cover him. Our D-line needs to dominate the OL so CJ doesn't run all over us. The OLBs need to play some sort of contain on the ends to prevent CJ from getting to the outside where his speed will kill us.

Offense- With Hillis back but not necessarily 100%, I see a lot of Hillis and Hardesty swapping out. The swapping out may actually benefit us against the Titans tought run defense. Having Tennessee constantly adjust planning for Hillis' bruising style or Hardesty's quick style may open some things up for either RB. Of course setting up the running game will open up the play action. MoMass is coming into his own and Little showed a lot at the end of the Dolphins game. Cribbs is always a danger, no matter what he is doing. Watson and Moore are a tremendous TE duo that cause tons of problems. Though the Titans D is tough I think that we have more weapons than they can handle.

Overall I think we can win this as long as we keep Chris Johnson contained. We will get pressure on the QB and will have good coverage from our secondary. I see us winning this.

I wish you guys luck and I hope no one gets seriously hurt on either side. Season ending injuries suck (Kenny Britt).

You are going up against the #1 defense in the league on Sunday and CJ2K is going to eventualy have a great game (which I am sure will start on Sunday).

So before you start claiming you are going 11-5(I read in a different thread), you might want to consider who you are going up against on Sunday.

Titans 3-1, Browns 2-2.

Have a good season!

This is a very winnable game for the browns but it will not be an easy win even with britt out unless our slumbering struggling offense finally wakes up, it is overdue and things could start going pop and clicking at anytime from this week on..

This is a very winnable game for the browns but it will not be an easy win even with britt out unless our slumbering struggling offense finally wakes up, it is overdue and things could start going pop and clicking at anytime from this week on..

They did go out and sign Donnie Avery but he won't be in the system long enough to make a major impact. Hasselbeck is playing out of his mind and even with Britt going down he just shifted his focus to Nate Washington. I don't know how the Browns have been against tight ends this year but I expect to see a heavy dose of Jared Cook Jr. The hope for you fellas on Sunday is that Chris Johnson continues to play with his head up his ass. His holdout certainly didn't help his cause and he's not hitting holes OR getting to the outside like he did last year. He's definitely not playing to his contract that's for sure. The Titan defense on the other hand has been pretty stout all year. It's going to be a tough game for you guys for sure. Especially if you can't get to Hasselbeck and even more so if CJ finally breaks from the "suck mold". The Steelers are going to have their hands full with the Texans this week.

i had predicted a browns win before i realized that their OL is hurtin even more than last week that had miami's defense running through them like swiss cheese disruptin mccoy all day long.

still chris johnson and his dirty south mouth will meet mr's rubin, taylor and ward. browns still win.

"i'll see you in the ICU."

I figure if his line can give him any help today then CJ is due for at least a decent game here. Honestly, Nate Washington worries me more than anyone else. Hasslebeck has been throwing the ball well and even with Britt IN the line-up, Washington has been putting up pretty strong numbers.

If we can just contain Nate and control the ball, I think we have a pretty good shot. A decisive home win sure would be swell.

I figure if his line can give him any help today then CJ is due for at least a decent game here. Honestly, Nate Washington worries me more than anyone else. Hasslebeck has been throwing the ball well and even with Britt IN the line-up, Washington has been putting up pretty strong numbers.

If we can just contain Nate and control the ball, I think we have a pretty good shot. A decisive home win sure would be swell.

Nate has had good numbers because Britt has been getting the main focus of attention from opposing secondaries. With Haden covering Nate what is going to happen is they are going to test Ward's coverage skills on their talented TE. We are also going to have to see how well we can contain Johnson, if we can't we lose this game.

Archived