THE BROWNS BOARD

Winds Of Change

1 more season

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is this really a change in the NFL's balance of power?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Too soon to tell.
    • It's early but looks that way.
    • No, it's just a fluke. Things will return to normal soon.

Before I say anything let me say "yes I know its early only 3 games" but there are signs.

So, here we are at the 3/4 mark of the 1st quarter of the season and there are some surprising things that may be happening.

First of all every division is being lead or tied for the lead by a team that did not make the playoffs last year.

The Bills and Lions are both 3-0.

The Raiders actually look like a good team.

Trying to be as objective as possible the Steelers look vulnerable.

The Pats are giving up a ton of yards to everybody.

Three of the ESPN fab four (Eagles, Pats, Jets, Cowboys) of all lost yesterday and the Cowboys could be the 4th tonight.

The Browns defense looks real good especially in the red zone making keys stops and only giving up FG's at important times. Sure they're playing bend don't break but that's what is working best right now. The Browns offense showed a lot of guts yesterday putting together a drive like that for a win after such a lackluster 4 1/2 quarters.

Detroit is Good. All those draft picks are really starting to payoff. Same for the Bills. (Enter building through the draft v. free agent signing argument here)

Bradford is struggling and McNabb still stinks these are not surprises.

All those draft picks are really starting to payoff. Same for the Bills. (Enter building through the draft v. free agent signing argument here)

Who was more active signing big name FAs than the Eagles, yet their W/L record is now 1-2. This says one of 2 things...

1) The FA signings were poor, or

2) It takes TIME to build chemistry & have new additions integrate into the team to play as a cohesive unit.

The Browns had all new systems, Coaches, about a 50% turnover in roster & the same lack of prep time as other teams, yet we are 2-1. Not to compare us to the Eagles, but our Staff & players are coming along. I really don't think we'll be able to really tell where teams are until mid season due to that lack of prep time for ALL teams, but I DO believe that some of these young teams (including the Browns) who have recently drafted well are on the rise. Our ace in the hole is Heckert, who has a well established track record in successful drafting.

Mike

struggling to win two games vs extremely weak teams dosent really make me feel good at all, but of course we will take them. Gunna take sometime but when we start winning games against bad teams easily then i'll say things are changing.

Brady threw 4 picks against the Bills and still almost won the game, Brady wont do that again, and come late season or playoff time the Bills are a pretender not a contender.

Signs of change tho: Texans and the Lions look like their right there on the cuspid of being serious serious contenders for a title. Browns are on their way to buliding a team like these guys, youth and excitement. Guess im more excited for the next few years of our organization than this year.

Love how EVERY game the browns make it exciting whether win or lose. Makes for a great game to watch

struggling to win two games vs extremely weak teams dosent really make me feel good at all, but of course we will take them. Gunna take sometime but when we start winning games against bad teams easily then i'll say things are changing.

Brady threw 4 picks against the Bills and still almost won the game, Brady wont do that again, and come late season or playoff time the Bills are a pretender not a contender.

Signs of change tho: Texans and the Lions look like their right there on the cuspid of being serious serious contenders for a title. Browns are on their way to buliding a team like these guys, youth and excitement. Guess im more excited for the next few years of our organization than this year.

Love how EVERY game the browns make it exciting whether win or lose. Makes for a great game to watch

I look at it this way- without Manning, you can pencil the Texans in as a Division winner- I think we'll know more about that on Sunday evening as the Browns get measured against the Titans. (The injury Gods smiled on Cleveland again as Kenny Britt is out for the game, and season) Means Browns defensive game plan = shut Chris Johnson down.

IMHO the Lions are for real, as long as Stafford can stay healthy. They won't overtake Green Bay, but could easily be a Wild Card team.

And look for the Bills to go 4-0 as they play (guess who?) dem Bungles down by the river. The fans in Cinti are so excited, there were over 23,000 tickets available for their home opener.

I look at it this way- without Manning, you can pencil the Texans in as a Division winner- I think we'll know more about that on Sunday evening as the Browns get measured against the Titans. (The injury Gods smiled on Cleveland again as Kenny Britt is out for the game, and season) Means Browns defensive game plan = shut Chris Johnson down.

IMHO the Lions are for real, as long as Stafford can stay healthy. They won't overtake Green Bay, but could easily be a Wild Card team.

And look for the Bills to go 4-0 as they play (guess who?) dem Bungles down by the river. The fans in Cinti are so excited, there were over 23,000 tickets available for their home opener.

The Bengals are who we thought that they were. A bad football team, and going nowhere fast.

Who was more active signing big name FAs than the Eagles, yet their W/L record is now 1-2. This says one of 2 things...

1) The FA signings were poor, or

2) It takes TIME to build chemistry & have new additions integrate into the team to play as a cohesive unit.

The Browns had all new systems, Coaches, about a 50% turnover in roster & the same lack of prep time as other teams, yet we are 2-1. Not to compare us to the Eagles, but our Staff & players are coming along. I really don't think we'll be able to really tell where teams are until mid season due to that lack of prep time for ALL teams, but I DO believe that some of these young teams (including the Browns) who have recently drafted well are on the rise. Our ace in the hole is Heckert, who has a well established track record in successful drafting.

Mike

If you recall, when I did one of my surveys I asked which team that was being touted for major success would fall on their face, about 2/3rds of you said The Eagles. And so far those predictions seem to be holding up. Not that I like it. Of all the teams in that NFC East Division the one that I think I like the best is the Eagles over the Cowboys/Redskins/Giants. But the fact is, they were being annointed before a game was played.

If you recall, when I did one of my surveys I asked which team that was being touted for major success would fall on their face, about 2/3rds of you said The Eagles. And so far those predictions seem to be holding up. Not that I like it. Of all the teams in that NFC East Division the one that I think I like the best is the Eagles over the Cowboys/Redskins/Giants. But the fact is, they were being annointed before a game was played.

Haha ya ESPN cursed the cowboys last year and it looks like the eagles this year (claiming "Super Bowl or bust"). Vick has 1 good year and was annointed best player in the league behind ESPN's favorite, Tom Brady. And I hate the entire NFC East. I wish they could all go 3-13 every year..

Archived