THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Fan From California

KillerInstinct3

Hello Im new here. Didnt know where to post this exactly so if its not in the correct place please move.

Well let me start off with... I am from California. Never been to Cleveland or Ohio. Actually never been out of California. One day I hope to watch a Browns game live. That would be legit. I love the team. Love their history. You are probably wondering how the hell i became a Browns fan. Well i got into liking the game of football around the time the Rams were a good team and were going to the super bowl. My best friend is a big Rams fan so i followed the Rams on their playoff run. They ended up losing that super bowl and I was like whatever great super bowl tho. hahaha so i started to love the game. Watched football just to watch people get hit and make crazy catches. So since i didnt want people to say i road on a bandwagon since the Rams were considered to be a legit team. I decided who is the weakest team. The team nobody really gives a damn about. Being in Cali we have 49ers Chargers Raiders Rams and for some reason Cowboys fans. So all those team were automatically out the question. Even though my dad is a big 49ers fan. So one Sunday i seen a game that wasnt as exciting really boring. It was the Browns Vs. Bengals. And i said after this game is over Im going to be a fan of one of these teams. Bengals ended up winning the game and I said yep Im a Browns fan. The team with no actual logo, the team that wears a plain orange helmet. Nothing flashy just there. So I followed this team and took a lot of crap for them. But I didnt care. I loved the fact that Browns surprise teams when people would think "oh the Browns? Easy win." Well yeah thats my story on how I became a Browns fan. I been lurking on this site for maybe a year already reading all the stuff that gets typed on here. Some good some bad.

But anyway damn our Browns look up and down...

And for the guy that said Cribbs isnt a WR... Did you see that TD?

Colt McCoy... I believe in him.

Peyton Hillis... he is something else

Joe Haden doesnt get brought up a lot but damn he can play. Looking like a potential shut down in his future

Several matters:

1. I don't know where in Cal. you live, but the Browns play twice out there this year: On Oct. 16 they play the Raiders in Oakland, and on 10/30 they play the 49ers in San Fran. Or, if you are in the southern part of Cal., you could run over to Phoenix on 12/18 where they play the Cardinals.

2. To say that nobody gives a damn about the Browns shows that you are apparently very young or very uninformed. The Browns have one of the largest followings in the NFL. They have THE largest organized fan club of any professional sport I believe.

3. For other teams and fans to think the Browns are a downtrodden organization and an "easy" win for them is only a very recent phenomena. The Cleveland Browns have won more championships than every other single team except the Bears and the Packers. And when you include the early NFL titles won by other Cleveland/Akron/Canton area teams, Northeast Ohio owns more professional football titles than any other metropolitan region. (More than New York and LA combined)(except, now after the Packers won the SB last year, they are tied with Green Bay at 13 each...but it took them 46 years to catch up).

4. You are right about the helmet and logo. Tell your friends that football isn't a fashion show. This ain't Project Runway. This is football, played by guys who want to slobberknocker each other. This is a sport meant to be played in the fall....and the Browns are the team of the fall. Their colors are those of dirt and smashing pumpkins.

5. The only problem the Browns have had is a poor record over the last 10-12 years. Tell them that despite having only 2 winning seasons in like 20 years, including suffering an attempt to have our team stolen from us, the Browns have sold out every game in that time. Tell them that just because ESPN is all about performing big market fellation, there are indeed vast hordes of Browns fans out here. Tell them that when the Browns do attain a champhionship performance level of play, and we hope that to be true, that their fan base will dwarf the Front Running Ass Kissing fan bases like teams like the Cowboys, Pats, Steelers, etc.

6. FYI, you can probably get a plane ride from the west coast to Cleveland for about $350.00 if you find the right deal. And you can find very reasonably priced hotels, if not downtown, then along the rapid route. So, get your butt over here for a visit. You won't be dissappointed.

Several matters:

1. I don't know where in Cal. you live, but the Browns play twice out there this year: On Oct. 16 they play the Raiders in Oakland, and on 10/30 they play the 49ers in San Fran. Or, if you are in the southern part of Cal., you could run over to Phoenix on 12/18 where they play the Cardinals.

2. To say that nobody gives a damn about the Browns shows that you are apparently very young or very uninformed. The Browns have one of the largest followings in the NFL. They have THE largest organized fan club of any professional sport I believe.

3. For other teams and fans to think the Browns are a downtrodden organization and an "easy" win for them is only a very recent phenomena. The Cleveland Browns have won more championships than every other single team except the Bears and the Packers. And when you include the early NFL titles won by other Cleveland/Akron/Canton area teams, Northeast Ohio owns more professional football titles than any other metropolitan region. (More than New York and LA combined)(except, now after the Packers won the SB last year, they are tied with Green Bay at 13 each...but it took them 46 years to catch up).

4. You are right about the helmet and logo. Tell your friends that football isn't a fashion show. This ain't Project Runway. This is football, played by guys who want to slobberknocker each other. This is a sport meant to be played in the fall....and the Browns are the team of the fall. Their colors are those of dirt and smashing pumpkins.

5. The only problem the Browns have had is a poor record over the last 10-12 years. Tell them that despite having only 2 winning seasons in like 20 years, including suffering an attempt to have our team stolen from us, the Browns have sold out every game in that time. Tell them that just because ESPN is all about performing big market fellation, there are indeed vast hordes of Browns fans out here. Tell them that when the Browns do attain a champhionship performance level of play, and we hope that to be true, that their fan base will dwarf the Front Running Ass Kissing fan bases like teams like the Cowboys, Pats, Steelers, etc.

6. FYI, you can probably get a plane ride from the west coast to Cleveland for about $350.00 if you find the right deal. And you can find very reasonably priced hotels, if not downtown, then along the rapid route. So, get your butt over here for a visit. You won't be dissappointed.

I meant nobody around me cares about the Browns. I am aware that they have a big loyal fan base. An im aware of their chips. And I'm not talking about my friends it's just the things people say about the browns that don't really know the team. And I meant watching a home game. To get a full experience. I am young. You are coming at me the wrong way tho. I'm a fan of the Browns. What does it matter. This is the exact stuff I was talking about when I said there's bad things on this forums. People like you who talk shit instead of welcoming another fan. I should of just kept lurking this forum instead of making an account. Sorry for making you read my boring post. That probably makes me less of a fan than you are.

I meant nobody around me cares about the Browns. I am aware that they have a big loyal fan base. An im aware of their chips. And I'm not talking about my friends it's just the things people say about the browns that don't really know the team. And I meant watching a home game. To get a full experience. I am young. You are coming at me the wrong way tho. I'm a fan of the Browns. What does it matter. This is the exact stuff I was talking about when I said there's bad things on this forums. People like you who talk shit instead of welcoming another fan. I should of just kept lurking this forum instead of making an account. Sorry for making you read my boring post. That probably makes me less of a fan than you are.

I think that it is you that got me wrong. I was trying to encourage you. First, to go see the Browns when they come to play near you. Next, to understand a bit about their history and their support throughout the country. Third, to encourage you to come here.

If there were negative comments made in my post, it wasn't about you, but about these friends and acquaintances of yours who you said "don't give a damn about" the Browns. That is why I directed any negative comments towards those friends, because we here are passionate about the Browns and hearing that somebody doesn't give a damn about them or doesn't know anything about them offends us.

BTW, if I had found our post boring I would have not given such a lengthy response to it. No. I am encouraged by you. Keep rooting for the Browns. I simply thought I would fuel your information fire when you talk to your friends about them.

Ghoolie? is it ever gunna stop??

I mean how many different scenarios do you think can be played out before we believe its a new-commer?

The Gip called you out with the holes in your post lol no need to dive back into them

you got that too? dick mellon is now from cali?

I'm not sold on Cribbs at WR. Maybe if we had a legit threat at #1, maybe if we had a slot receiver that could be a threat. We are put together at WR by buble gum, pop-sickle sticks and tape. That's my Opinion.

I liked Colt a lot coming into the season, but he is looking more and more like Tim Couch or Brady Quinn and panicking. He is smarter with the ball then them though, I'll give him that. He has seemed to regress a bit, IMO.

I wish we pounded him more at the goal line. Stop trying to fool people by using Hillis as a decoy ... just pound him, line-up and pound him into the line some more.

Joe Haden is da-man ... love the guy.

I'm not sold on Cribbs at WR. Maybe if we had a legit threat at #1, maybe if we had a slot receiver that could be a threat. We are put together at WR by buble gum, pop-sickle sticks and tape. That's my Opinion.

I liked Colt a lot coming into the season, but he is looking more and more like Tim Couch or Brady Quinn and panicking. He is smarter with the ball then them though, I'll give him that. He has seemed to regress a bit, IMO.

I wish we pounded him more at the goal line. Stop trying to fool people by using Hillis as a decoy ... just pound him, line-up and pound him into the line some more.

Joe Haden is da-man ... love the guy.

yeah but we need more than just one solid WR. we need atleast 2 that. 2 plus Cribbs. but im asking for too much here. i rather protect the QB and pick up people for that O line

yeah Hillis doesnt look like he is getting that many carries. but we will see when he gets better... hopefully he plays next game.

Archived