THE BROWNS BOARD

25 Year Season Ticket Holder Thrown Out For Excessive Standing.

djdawg2010

We all pay a hefty price for "seats" & the vast majority of us use them & rise as appropriate. REAL Fans respect not only the game, but their fellow Fans. I also applaud the Browns for taking a stance against boorish, inconsiderate behavior. Even at shows such as "The Wiggles" kids show in a theatre I have had to ask adults to please sit down so OUR Grandchildren could also watch & enjoy the show. Unfortunately, we now live in a selfish, "ME" society.

As for Stipe's account of the incident, that's ONE side....Where's the other? I still remember my Dad's reply to my Wife when she asked why he & Mom split. He told her there was his side, Mom's side, & somewhere in the middle was the truth. I'm not buyin' what Stipe is sellin'.

Mike

At the time of the move..I had technically been a season ticket holder for 19 years and I was only 26 years old. I got season tickets as a birthday present in the 2nd grade and they were always in my name until the team moved in 95, even when other family members had the tickets after we moved to California.

I sit in the non-dawg pound endzone. WHen they are near our endzone almost everybody stands. But when they are 80 yards away there is no reason to stand

I hate to sound like I am old but perhaps I am.

I know at college games we always stood. I can't tell you what the seats at DKR-Memorial Stadium in Austin feel like cause the only time any of us ever sat was if they were puking.

That said, this comes down to respect. I have a bad back and spend tons of time on my feet all week long. I don't mind standing at key points in the game and making noise but I certainly can't stsand for a whole game. If everyone in my section was standing...I would suck it up. If it's just two guys...that's asking a lot.

We've evolved into a tremendously inconsiderate and rude society. We impose on others without care, especially strangers.

My brother is a Jets season ticket holder and we went to the opener against the Cowboys. His section is generally pretty tame (he has good seats) but I'll be damned if the two "gangsta dudes" in front of us didn't stand the whole game despite numerous people asking them to sit down. If they focused on the game perhaps...JUST PERHAPS....I could cut them a break but they would check their cellphones and text and facebook etc.

They knew it was pissing people off and yet they did it anyway.

I was in Cleveland last year and had tremendous seats and it was very cordial. There was no issue with this.

It's all about being considerate.

100% the truth and I couldn't agree more. I don't know the back story or care enough to even check but as a 25 year season ticket holder he had to have been doing more than just standing.

What do you guys think about this? Anyone hear this story? It's on newsnet5, and 92.3 The Fan has been talking about it all day. The guy was a loyal season ticket holder for 25 years, and he gets thrown out, and I believe that his tickets were revoked! Are the Browns trying to lose more fans? Look I realize people do go overboard, and I don't advocate in a drunken stupor punching the nearest opposing fan, or throwing objects on the field, but come on man, this isn't a tennis match, or a Cleveland Orchestra Concert!

First off, if he is a respectful fan and recognized the people behind him also paid for season tickets he should consider their needs. Like being able to sit in the seat from time to time. I have personally, viewed a game where the guy in front stood on every play even before the snap and caused anyone behind him to stand. This rude inconsiderate behavior. I can understand in the heat of the play all 10 seconds of it some fans get excited and jump to their feet. In the three hour process of the game 11 minutes are action. That leaves 2 hours and 49 minutes of non action. I would assume that a considerate fan would stay seated most of this time and on many plays that are less than spectacular.

If everyone stayed seated most of the time all these seaon ticket holders would get their value a paid for seat used most of the time.

Respect those around you escpecially those behind you, or stay home and stand and watch the game on 'TV

I remember at the old Muni stadium they had kind of a "bull pen" where the cops locked up people from the Dog Pound who had gotten in fights, etc. (Almost always from a Steelers game). It was between the area of the regular stadium and the dog pound. It was basically just a cage, funny as hell.

Archived