THE BROWNS BOARD

3 Games Down, How Will We Do?

Browns57

We currently sit at 2 and 1 and have been able to get an idea of how good or bad other teams are this year. I would be interested in getting each of your updated thoughts on where the Browns will finish up. I will start us off. Let me just say first that my picks are assuming we stay healthy and that our young players continue to improve as the season goes along.

Tennessee W This team is not good, Brit out and Chris Johnson looks bad, Sheard hits Hasselback hard early and the tone is set.

Bye Week

@ Oakland L To much McFadden. We can't stop him and we can't score enough to win.

Seattle W If we lose this game we should be extremely ashamed

@ San Francisco W This offense is offensive. Their wideouts could be worse than ours!

@ Houston L Haden shuts down Johnson but too many weapons here.

St. Louis W Again our wideouts may be better, and we will all be at this game! Browns will not let us all down!

Jacksonville W Low scoring affair that the Browns barely win.

@ Cincinnati W No way we lose twice, this is redemption and the Browns win big! This one finally costs Marvin Lewis his job.

Baltimore L Can't beat this team this year!

@ Pittsburgh W Pissed about Baltimore loss we go hand it to the Steelers in their house, the Thursday night viewers who get NFL network are shocked!

@ Arizona W Though close game but we prevail because we now believe we should win every week. That is enough for this game.

@ Baltimore L Two straight road games have us beat down and Baltimore still to good

Pittsburgh W We take this game at home on a late Dawson field goal, because we finally learn to not let Big Ben scramble and beat us.

Hmmm... The Browns finish 11-5 and get an AFC wild card spot. And then lose the wild card game.

We currently sit at 2 and 1 and have been able to get an idea of how good or bad other teams are this year. I would be interested in getting each of your updated thoughts on where the Browns will finish up. I will start us off. Let me just say first that my picks are assuming we stay healthy and that our young players continue to improve as the season goes along.

Tennessee W This team is not good, Brit out and Chris Johnson looks bad, Sheard hits Hasselback hard early and the tone is set.

Bye Week

@ Oakland L To much McFadden. We can't stop him and we can't score enough to win.

@ San Francisco W This offense is offensive. Their wideouts could be worse than ours!

St. Louis W Again our wideouts may be better, and we will all be at this game! Browns will not let us all down!

@ Cincinnati W No way we lose twice, this is redemption and the Browns win big! This one finally costs Marvin Lewis his job.

@ Pittsburgh W Pissed about Baltimore loss we go hand it to the Steelers in their house, the Thursday night viewers who get NFL network are shocked!

@ Arizona W Though close game but we prevail because we now believe we should win every week. That is enough for this game.

@ Baltimore L Two straight road games have us beat down and Baltimore still to good

Pittsburgh W We take this game at home on a late Dawson field goal, because we finally learn to not let Big Ben scramble and beat us.

Hmmm... The Browns finish 11-5 and get an AFC wild card spot. And then lose the wild card game.

Hah suck that bitches someone else who got to 11-5 lol i picked em 11-5 preseason, i am just mad we ignored the playmaker we'll need.

No need to update my predictions thus far, they were perfect.

Z

Wow! Congrats. You still feel confident that sall the teams we play are just as good or just as bad as you thought before the season also. For me how bad Saint Louis has looked is suprising, and I expected more from Arizona with the addition of Kolb. And Baltimore looks better than expected.

Our two wins are against opponents who are 0-3. Both will go 4-12 this year. We lost to an opponent who is 1-2 and will prolly go 4-12.

We have played 3 dogshit teams and looked like dogshit in each one of of them. The colts was our best game and we played verrrry average. The other two games we were outplayed.

We are not a good team yet and we are so thin at every position that we won't be able to sustain a high level of play for 17 weeks. We are on the right track since we're starting to draft pro-bowl caliber players, but comeone guys....11-5?

I say 7-9 or 8-8 due to softest schedule in the NFL.

Our two wins are against opponents who are 0-3. Both will go 4-12 this year. We lost to an opponent who is 1-2 and will prolly go 4-12.

We have played 3 dogshit teams and looked like dogshit in each one of of them. The colts was our best game and we played verrrry average. The other two games we were outplayed.

We are not a good team yet and we are so thin at every position that we won't be able to sustain a high level of play for 17 weeks. We are on the right track since we're starting to draft pro-bowl caliber players, but comeone guys....11-5?

I say 7-9 or 8-8 due to softest schedule in the NFL.

That's a hard opinion to follow because if you base it on that a majority of our schedule is shitty teams, so when can you accurately rate the browns? the first steelers game? by then we could be 8 wins deep already.... don't like awe man we beat shitty teams so our record don't matter

Uhhhh yes the xxxx it does, a majority of the games these good teams win off are against OH MY xxxxING GOD against shitty teams, lol so what makes the browns different? get the xxxx out of here.

This is a BIG game for the team.

The difference between 3-1 and 2-2 is HUGE as it starts to add some room on the winning side of the record.

This very well could be the defining game of the season.

This is a BIG game for the team.

The difference between 3-1 and 2-2 is HUGE as it starts to add some room on the winning side of the record.

This very well could be the defining game of the season.

I completely agree! Then we get a full 2 weeks rest (with our Bye) to prepare for a road game against a very impressive raiders team..

Realistic outlook..

We will lose 2 times to the steelers and ravens but will likely be in every game..

Houston will beat us and one team that shouldnt win will likely beat us and we will go 8-8..

optimistic outlook:

If this team stays healthy and the offense starts really clicking before game eight and if someone emerges as another playmaker or two to help colt, cribbs and hillis a split with the ratbirds and stoolers is not an impossible feat and neither is 11-5 and a backdoor into the playoffs..

General Theory

While the defense is playing good the offense will suck but when the offense starts putting points up consistently our defense will go to total hell in an equally consistent fashion..

Bye Week

Maybe not 11-5

Tenn-close game,but me being a homer Browns win

Oak-Mcfadden runs for 6,000 yards against us breaks every record, and we lose 65-11

Sea- They suck, we win Hardesty breaks a 72 yard run in the second

SF.- Edwards goes up for winning catch, but drops it Browns win

Hou-Haden shuts down Johnson for 95% of game, but fade route with 1:20 left in game seal win for Texans

St.Lous-everybody heathly for Rams, we have let down. Not focused lose by 14

Jack-WE throttle them biggest margin of victory..We win 51-2

Cincy- Payback win, but closer than everybody thinks

Balt- over looks us, last minute FG we win 15-14..We do a Dallas 5 FGs..(pick up Dawson this week for Fantsay)

Pitt- We get cocky after 3 start wins, they slap us in the mouth..Hillis gets hurt Madden Curse...

Ari- We can get up for this game, long trip lose

Balt- revenge Balt whoops our Ass

Pitt- with a chance at playoffs..(we have to have 3 teams lose) Hardesty runs for 163 yards, Hillis is dressed,but has a cast on his whole left foot. He tpld coach if he needs him he can go. Browns down 24-20 with 2 seconds left, at the 1 yard line. Hillis goes limping in with 1 good leg. Hillis get the ball and uses his cast as a shield and bulldoze into the endzone. Harrison pissed cheap shots Hillis. Hillis gets pissed rippes his cast off, turns into the a Huge Green Rino, and rips Harrisons head off. Because of the death of Harrison, the Browns are forced to forfit the game.

The end result Browns miss playoffs. Hillis goes to jail, Pittsburgh fans in morning take Harrisons head and put it on the giant ketchup bottle at Heinz field

This is just what I think will happen the rest of the year

After 3 games, we're 2-1, been in all 3 games and have played well in spurts. I'm a happy fan. Let's worry about the 1st drive against the Titans, and go from there.

That's a hard opinion to follow because if you base it on that a majority of our schedule is shitty teams, so when can you accurately rate the browns? the first steelers game? by then we could be 8 wins deep already.... don't like awe man we beat shitty teams so our record don't matter

Uhhhh yes the xxxx it does, a majority of the games these good teams win off are against OH MY xxxxING GOD against shitty teams, lol so what makes the browns different? get the xxxx out of here.

If we don't luckout against Miami and are sitting at 1-2, do ANY of you say we are going to go 11-5? Shit, after Cinci everyone here was crying about going 5-11 again.

I love the browns, but quit being a delusional homer. This is not our year to compete for the playoffs. We are not an 11-5 football team. We are a very competitive, rebuilding team that is a year or two away from being the best team in the AFC North. Yes, we play a soft schedule, but we will play bad against those teams as well since we are young and inconsistent.

Our coach has not shown he can be a consistent play caller, our qb has not shown he can be a consistent playmaker, our wr corps is belowe average in talent, the right side of our line is weak....

Defensively, we have played against 2 of the worst offsneses in the NFL (Cinci and Indi). Miami's offense I'll conceed we did a good job against, but can we maintain that level of play? We have given up an over 100 yards rushing to a runningack to both Cinci and Miami. Our run defense isn't putting fear in anyone, lets just say that.

Seriously, WATCH the games around the NFL. Other than the Cinci-SF game and the Jax-Carolina game, our game was the most non-eventful, low quality game of the week. Why? Because with Hillis out, Josh Cribbs is our only flashy offensive player, and he is much better on special teams. Our offense is below average and is going to lose us games that we should have won.

Since everyone else is predicting our schedule I will go ahead and throw in my own predications;

Tenn- This is the toughest one to decide. We lose if; Hasselbeck continues to play great, Johnson explodes against our weak run defense, our run game never gets going and McCoy completes less than 60% of passes. To win; our pass rush must get pressure on Hasselbeck while also disrupting the run game before Johnson gets to the second level of defenders, McCoy needs to complete a high percentage of passes, zero turnovers, Cribbs has a huge return game on KOs and PRs.

@Oak- L, McFadden destroys us.

Seattle- W, if we lose it will be because we pull another Cincinnati mental lapse.

@SF- W, Defenses are pretty equal but our O is better. Got to be mindful of Gore, Edwards, Crabtree and Davis. QB pass rush will decide the game.

@Houston- L, Haden may be able to shut down Johnson but Schaub will get everyone else involved.

St Louis- W, we get pressure on Bradford for season high number of sacks until we play Pitt.

Jax- W, with a rookie QB we will be able to get pressure on him and cause turnovers.

@Cin- W, they won the first game because of a mental lapse, it won't happen again.

Balt- L, 3 game win streak comes to an end. Too many weapons on offense and too many HoFers on D.

@Pitt- L, Fighting for a playoff spot they find a way to beat us but barely.

@Ari- W, Haden on Fitzgerald means no other weapons for Arizona.

@Balt- L, Much like Pitt two weeks prior, they are playing for a playoff spot. Experience of Baltimore shows.

Pitt- W, with Pitt likely in the playoffs they sit a lot of starters for rest and we win against the B-squad. I'm okay with a win vs their B-squad.

Overall we finish either 10-6 or 9-7. Just miss the playoffs.

Archived