THE BROWNS BOARD

Alternate Helmet Design

Sheepdog

25 members have voted

1. 1. What design would you like to see on an alternate Browns helmet?

• Brownie the Elf.
    • Dog.
    • Shouldn't even be considered.
    • Other. Write in answer below.

Let me know start off saying that I love the helmet design of the Cleveland Browns and in no way want to change it. This is merely a "what if" type of thing.

Being the only football team without a design on their helmet I have always wondered WHAT IF the Browns did decide to put a logo on the side of their helmet as part of an alternate jersey outfit. The two frontrunners for me are Brownie the Elf and some sort of Dog logo.

Please keep the conversation civil and don't brand me anything other than a devote fan with an active imagination.

I think the helmet is class as is and represents the storied franchise. All of the storied part of the Browns was based on an offensive juggernaut with the Elf on top of the stadium and always present but in the background. That is the way it should always be.

Personally, I have a problem with the Dawg Pound and especially the Dawg face. Since Hanford Dixon invented the Dawg Pound the Browns have essentially stank ececpt for three years under the Bernie, Webster, Langhorne, Mack, Ozzie, Byner years. Oops offensive high caliber players..

Somehow BrownsTown became enamored with the Dawg stuff.......................and lost our legacy and story...

When we dispose of the Dawg stuff and get back to being the "Greatest Show in Football" which were in the 40's 50's and 60's good times will be back

Bottom line trash the Dawg idea keep the helmets as they are and get back to our roots Offensive Powerhouse with the Elf looking down upon us showering TD's

No way you give up the dawg pound man. That fits the browns blue collar, tough identity and helps with our "branding" as a team around the NFL. Without the Dawg stuff, honestly, our mascot, jerseys, colors, team name is all kid of lame.....being named after a dead guy rather than something cool and timeless like "lions" or "bears" ?

Let me know start off saying that I love the helmet design of the Cleveland Browns and in no way want to change it. This is merely a "what if" type of thing.

Being the only football team without a design on their helmet I have always wondered WHAT IF the Browns did decide to put a logo on the side of their helmet as part of an alternate jersey outfit. The two frontrunners for me are Brownie the Elf and some sort of Dog logo.

Please keep the conversation civil and don't brand me anything other than a devote fan with an active imagination.

OK, civil: Bugger off. (Say it in an English accent and it will sound civil!)

I like Brownie the Elf because it represents our history and from what I have read its origins are a bit of mystery. I like the Dawg Pound because, honestly, it is easier to relate to for the younger fans who may think that an Elf is stupid plus the Dawg portrays a more aggressive ideal which we need in the AFC North.

@rich4eagle- It would be awesome if they did have a giant Brownie the Elf overlooking the field. Good idea.

I'm not as opposed as Rich to the Dawg Pound persona of the team and using it because those were good years for the Browns but it in no way should be considered a "logo" for the team or for gods sake the helmet. The helmet should never change and I do like the idea of using the elf a bit more for the team and the stadium because that also is a link to the history of the team.

Maybe I didn't say it clearly enough but I am not suggesting a change in helmet design. I am just wondering what everyone else thinks when posed with the question, "What if we did put a logo on the helmet?"

I don't want the helmet design to change, we have the best helmet in the NFL hands down.

atlanta changed their helmet colors to black from red and have been contenders ever since. do something, anything..... just do it.

How about just start winning some games for a change?

The color of the unis or helmets matters far less than the talent of the guys wearing them. Yeah, wearing those "traditional" white unis from the glory days has helped the Browns to a couple of embarrassing home losses so far.

Black? There's an annoying trend going on that everyone wants to look like the gangsta Raiders. You notice they changed the tint of the "Brown" unis two shades darker? They almost look black now.

And of course you keep the helmet plain. NO logo is unique in the NFL- and let's keep it that way.

I think it would be in the best interest of all parties involved, to keep the helmet with no logo. That way, if there is a visitor from another coutry, or maybe just someone who is not NFL familiar, who happens to see a game, maybe they won't recognize who to blame for such crappy play.

Archived