THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt Mccoy: The 5 Yard Throwing Robot

Soju

I honestly believe it's more the WCO than it is McCoy.

I'd honestly much rather have Colt trying to make a play outside the pocket and throw an INT like he did earlier than be down by double digits and still checking down.

Again, I get it's the system we have in place - it's just a really frustrating system on a day like today.

What they need to do is tell Colt to calm the xxxx down and take a god damn sack every once in a while. Do you guys really think our WR's are not getting open every single play? xxxxing stupid. There getting open after Colt takes his one step back and is instantly looking at his check down options at HB and TE. Even in a quick passing system like the WCO you need to give your WR time to actually run their routes, Colt is not giving them that time. Those times you are seeing him run around the pocket with his head cut off are not because the WR's didn't get open, it's because he stopped looking at them when the ball was snapped to him and his check down options were covered, his WR are running open across the feild, but he can't find them because he already stopped looking at them.

Wow,your all wrong. Yes Colt is having problems, hes taking too many hitch steps cuz these WR's suck ass and the line is having trouble mostly on the right side. There was really no training camp to speak of and theyre all not on the same page. Give it a few games before you throw in the towel. Lets see what they do if they make adjustments after the bye week.

Wow,your all wrong. Yes Colt is having problems, hes taking too many hitch steps cuz these WR's suck ass and the line is having trouble mostly on the right side. There was really no training camp to speak of and theyre all not on the same page. Give it a few games before you throw in the towel. Lets see what they do if they make adjustments after the bye week.

Yep. Even the experts say the Browns were hurt most by the late start. New Coaches, offensive & defensive systems, plus about a 50% turnover in roster.

It will take some time.

Mike

Colt is not giving them that time Hillis

I know the Browns played poorly today, but seriously?

Like Colt had no pass rush all over him on most pass plays? Like he had all day to throw, and

just threw the darn passes too quick?

You can NOT be serious.

The offensive line was overrun by an excellent team, especially on defense. They beat the ratbirds, right?

Brown is toast anytime their offense really needs a pass completed. even Pashos should be a guard,

Pinkston is just a rookie replacing the very valuable Steinbach, and Mo doesn't get open often enough, Robeiskie

is a guy who apparently can't get open all alone in the shower and doesn't love football anyways, Little shows huge promise athletically but

is still a rookie.......

You must be kidding, along with a few others.

Yep. Even the experts say the Browns were hurt most by the late start. New Coaches, offensive & defensive systems, plus about a 50% turnover in roster.

It will take some time.

Mike

It is always going to take some time when it comes to the Browns. Not being a smartass but it is always the same thing year after year.... "it's going to take some time". Time is up.

If your throwing check downs all day, the defense doesn't have to worry about getting beat deep. There for they press the line of scrimmage and blitz the hell out of you. Colt doesn't stretch the field and rarely throws outside the hashes past 10 yards. The reason he gets pressured so much is because he sucks and his 5 yard passes forces the D to play close to the line of scrimmage....You have to stretch the field and I don't think McCoy can....

If your throwing check downs all day, the defense doesn't have to worry about getting beat deep. There for they press the line of scrimmage and blitz the hell out of you. Colt doesn't stretch the field and rarely throws outside the hashes past 10 yards. The reason he gets pressured so much is because he sucks and his 5 yard passes forces the D to play close to the line of scrimmage....You have to stretch the field and I don't think McCoy can....

I saw McCoy getting pressured a lot today. Extreme pressure. How many times did he get sacked, or almost sacked? How many dropped Hardesty passes? I agree his arm is not what I would call world class by any means, but I think he can be an adequate QB in this league, but I don't think a great one. We have so many problems still that blaming this butt kicking we got today on one player is crazy.

I saw McCoy getting pressured a lot today. Extreme pressure. How many times did he get sacked, or almost sacked? How many dropped Hardesty passes? I agree his arm is not what I would call world class by any means, but I think he can be an adequate QB in this league, but I don't think a great one. We have so many problems still that blaming this butt kicking we got today on one player is crazy.

I agree. You can't blame this game on one person. That is the problem. If it was one person then you can fix it. The Browns, once again, are void of talent. Just watch other games and you can see how obvious it is.

It is always going to take some time when it comes to the Browns. Not being a smartass but it is always the same thing year after year.... "it's going to take some time". Time is up.

I understand your frustration & I felt it for years as well. My frustration was that, year after year, our Coaches & FO were "stop gaps" at best. Yes, it will take time, but for once we will have continuity. It is NOT the same leadership we had (oops, DIDN'T have!) in previous years. We are finally moving toward a common goal.

Mike

Not blaming it on one player, it was a team effort. But his limitations really put the offense in a bad spot. He can win dinking and dunking but its gonna take alot of work to have to be near perfect every play. Defenses are gonna really pack it in. There has to be more of an effort to get the ball to the outside

It will take some time.

Mike

I think they're hurt most by having next to no talent on the roster. Yes there are a few exceptions but overall totally lacking talent.

I think they're hurt most by having next to no talent on the roster. Yes there are a few exceptions but overall totally lacking talent.

I agree, but we HAVE drafted a good bit of talent over the last 2 years. The problem is that the talented performers also have to cover for those who lack either/or experience & talent, and that negatively affects the solid player's games. Frustrating I know, but we'll get there.

Mike

I understand your frustration & I felt it for years as well. My frustration was that, year after year, our Coaches & FO were "stop gaps" at best. Yes, it will take time, but for once we will have continuity. It is NOT the same leadership we had (oops, DIDN'T have!) in previous years. We are finally moving toward a common goal.

Mike

maybe in three years we can stop reading this same old post. every coaching regime and these fans have said the same thing since reinstatement, year after year. and what happens in two years if it's the sameol same ol? yep another regime change. mark my words.

Does everybody have to start a new thread to voice their displeasures? 3 threads? Like we don't have enough threads discussing how bad we look.

What else is there to talk about? How we didn't draft Aaron Rogers

What else is there to talk about? How we didn't draft Aaron Rogers

There's no problem talking about it at all, thats encouraged. Its the volume of new threads when the exact same topic's are being discussed in previously existing threads. Like "He caught one" wow thats a great thread huh, Robo catches a ball, come on now. The Board just become's over cluttered and amateur.

Not blaming it on one player, it was a team effort. But his limitations really put the offense in a bad spot. He can win dinking and dunking but its gonna take alot of work to have to be near perfect every play. Defenses are gonna really pack it in. There has to be more of an effort to get the ball to the outside

Colt CAN throw the damn ball downfield. He has done it a number of times....but the fact is, 90% of the plays called for him are the short crossing routes.

Remember, it is Shurmur calling these plays, not Colt.

Archived