THE BROWNS BOARD

Where Were The Fans?

Husky Dog

In the middle of the 4th quarter more than half of the stadium was empty. Watching it on TV from a bar in CT that looked really poor. As a longtime Browns fan that has never had the pleasure of attending a game in Cleveland in person (but have in NY vs. Jets and at New England), why is that? What's with the fans skipping out early? Boardwalk Empire doesn't start until 9pm...

The team gave up in the 2nd quarter, what would be the point of staying??

I sure am glad I didn't make the 2hr drive to watch this game, and I'm really reconsidering go to the rest of the games this year. I'm a Browns fan and always will be, but if they don't care why should I spend my money and time on them. Hopefully I will be in a more positive mood after the bye, but right now I'm still very pissed. Only positives from today were Pissburgh and Buffalo losing. But still seeing the sh*tty lions come back and get lucky every week makes me wonder why we just threw in the towel.

I've watched every game... There have been empty seats during every game during the entire game.

you'll see that when the yankees play all the time. a lot of seats are owned by corporations and sometimes no one wants to go. if it's joe schmo forking out the dough you bet your ass he'll be there or find someone that will.

In the middle of the 4th quarter more than half of the stadium was empty. Watching it on TV from a bar in CT that looked really poor. As a longtime Browns fan that has never had the pleasure of attending a game in Cleveland in person (but have in NY vs. Jets and at New England), why is that? What's with the fans skipping out early? Boardwalk Empire doesn't start until 9pm...

I was there today, and our group did stay till the end. I sympathize with those who left early though. The fan attitude was- this game is out of reach, so why bother sticking around. Started raining a bit middle of the 4th quarter- and the Browns were playing disgustingly bad. BTW, the Stadium was far from full even at opening kickoff- maybe due to the lousy weather report. And it was really windy on top of it.

Usama Young's whiff on that long pass was one of the most feeble attempts at a tackle I've ever seen by a defensive back. Then McCoy chucks one up there with nary a receiver within 15 yards of the ball.

I was there today, and our group did stay till the end. I sympathize with those who left early though. The fan attitude was- this game is out of reach, so why bother sticking around. Started raining a bit middle of the 4th quarter- and the Browns were playing disgustingly bad. BTW, the Stadium was far from full even at opening kickoff- maybe due to the lousy weather report. And it was really windy on top of it.

Usama Young's whiff on that long pass was one of the most feeble attempts at a tackle I've ever seen by a defensive back. Then McCoy chucks one up there with nary a receiver within 15 yards of the ball.

WTF???....Where are the fans????....how about putting a real NFL team on the field? I'm damn sick and tired of wearing my loyalty to this team like a medal of honor, and looking like a fool every Monday morning during the football seasaon. We pay inflated prices to watch this crap?.....waste the whole damn day stressing out, and hoping our team can get their heads out of their asses enough to make it look like they may be competitive sometime in the next 5 years? Screw this.....then all you pricks ask "where are the fans?"...where the f*** is the team?!!?? There is no plan here.....the plan is to milk the fans for every penny possible, and continue to pay overrated, washed up "football geniuses" ridiculous money to display this crap. I'm 61 years old....I've lived the glory days of the real Cleveland Browns.....I've frozen my ass off many times at the old stadium,and don't regret it. I'll be damned if I'll waste any more of my time or money, contributing to this mess....I've got a lot better things to do. Go ahead and conitinue to crucify Art Modell.....but I'll tell you one thing, for sure. This would never have gotten to this extreme with him as an owner. He may be a greedy old Bastard...to take the money, and run.....but he knew the fans, and knew how important it is to communicate. Lerner will never understand that. Go ahead....call me a fair weather fan. The old team earned my loyalty....and I've been here....going to games.....getting all caught up in the Holmgren crap. This team.....and no matter what some of you think.... will never be the same as the old team....has done nothing to earn my loyalty. The best thing to do, at this point, is to be more of a casual observer, than a passionate fan. The things that are the most enjoyable about the game of football, are gone. We, as fans of the Cleveland Browns, don't have the luxury of even having a real rivalry with any other team. There is no Cleveland / Pittsburg rivalry. The Ravens filled that spot, when our team couldn't deliver. We are the joke of the league by everyone except maybe those who remember the old Cleveland Browns. I'm out of patience. I'ts time...for me, anyway to change the way I approach this particular recreational interest.

WTF???....Where are the fans????....how about putting a real NFL team on the field? I'm damn sick and tired of wearing my loyalty to this team like a medal of honor, and looking like a fool every Monday morning during the football seasaon. We pay inflated prices to watch this crap?.....waste the whole damn day stressing out, and hoping our team can get their heads out of their asses enough to make it look like they may be competitive sometime in the next 5 years? Screw this.....then all you pricks ask "where are the fans?"...where the f*** is the team?!!?? There is no plan here.....the plan is to milk the fans for every penny possible, and continue to pay overrated, washed up "football geniuses" ridiculous money to display this crap. I'm 61 years old....I've lived the glory days of the real Cleveland Browns.....I've frozen my ass off many times at the old stadium,and don't regret it. I'll be damned if I'll waste any more of my time or money, contributing to this mess....I've got a lot better things to do. Go ahead and conitinue to crucify Art Modell.....but I'll tell you one thing, for sure. This would never have gotten to this extreme with him as an owner. He may be a greedy old Bastard...to take the money, and run.....but he knew the fans, and knew how important it is to communicate. Lerner will never understand that. Go ahead....call me a fair weather fan. The old team earned my loyalty....and I've been here....going to games.....getting all caught up in the Holmgren crap. This team.....and no matter what some of you think.... will never be the same as the old team....has done nothing to earn my loyalty. The best thing to do, at this point, is to be more of a casual observer, than a passionate fan. The things that are the most enjoyable about the game of football, are gone. We, as fans of the Cleveland Browns, don't have the luxury of even having a real rivalry with any other team. There is no Cleveland / Pittsburg rivalry. The Ravens filled that spot, when our team couldn't deliver. We are the joke of the league by everyone except maybe those who remember the old Cleveland Browns. I'm out of patience. I'ts time...for me, anyway to change the way I approach this particular recreational interest.

Well, I disagree that "the team will never be the same as the old team". That is not the point. You can have the losingest team in creation....like say the 1933-1972 Steelers, but when you get a new owner to take over....like Dan Rooney took over from his Dad...you get a whole new dynamic to the way the team is operated.

Lerner is not a good owner. He is aloof and seemingly uncaring. Many suspect the Browns are just another investment to him. I don't think that is true...but the fact is he does not have the chutzpah to change himself. A team can go from good to bad as well. The Dolphins were a bellweather team of the league for decades under Joe Robbie. When he died the glamour of that team died as well. There are any number of other examples.

Modell was not a good owner. He didn't have the wherewithal or eptitude to compete. Lerner has the wherewithal, but, apparently, not the eptitude.

Well, I disagree that "the team will never be the same as the old team". That is not the point. You can have the losingest team in creation....like say the 1933-1972 Steelers, but when you get a new owner to take over....like Dan Rooney took over from his Dad...you get a whole new dynamic to the way the team is operated.

Lerner is not a good owner. He is aloof and seemingly uncaring. Many suspect the Browns are just another investment to him. I don't think that is true...but the fact is he does not have the chutzpah to change himself. A team can go from good to bad as well. The Dolphins were a bellweather team of the league for decades under Joe Robbie. When he died the glamour of that team died as well. There are any number of other examples.

Modell was not a good owner. He didn't have the wherewithal or eptitude to compete. Lerner has the wherewithal, but, apparently, not the eptitude.

So...in your opinion, the shortest route and maybe the only way to transform this mess into a winning team, is to hope Lerner sells the team. But, then you have the risk of somebody like that cheap prick Dolan buying the team.

where's the business people of cleveland that have the money and are interested in turning this team around again to it's glory days? man the economy so screwed who'd want to buy a team right now? all we can hope for is a group of people forging some type of partnership and buy from lerner like the people did with the red sox. they control the money and the staff hirings, the gm gets the players the coaches need and the coaches coach.

where's the business people of cleveland that have the money and are interested in turning this team around again to it's glory days? man the economy so screwed who'd want to buy a team right now? all we can hope for is a group of people forging some type of partnership and buy from lerner like the people did with the red sox. they control the money and the staff hirings, the gm gets the players the coaches need and the coaches coach.

2 words.....Dan Gilbert

So...in your opinion, the shortest route and maybe the only way to transform this mess into a winning team, is to hope Lerner sells the team. But, then you have the risk of somebody like that cheap prick Dolan buying the team.

Well, I don't know about that. Like you said, if he sell, who knows what you are going to get to replace him. You might get another Dolan who does not really have the muster to buy an major league team. So, there is no good answer.

i made my freezing cold wife stay when pukesburgh killed us january 2nd 42-7 or whatever it was. no excuse for fans leaving... support your team... you paid money for your seats, leaving doesn't send any message, if u think it does.

Hey Mr.San Diego soon to be moving to Tampa, here is a concept for you. us paying fans can come or go whenever we want. I'm not there to send a message. I'm there to watch football,and my home team didn't show up.

Hey Mr.San Diego soon to be moving to Tampa, here is a concept for you. us paying fans can come or go whenever we want. I'm not there to send a message. I'm there to watch football,and my home team didn't show up.

Agreed. If you pay season ticket premiums, you should expect results. A fan who goes to a game once a year or less shouldn't bitch about it. Especially a fair weather liver like Mikey.:lol:

Are you for real? When you spend $1000 a year and give up 10 Sundays a year then you will may have earned the honor of making a comment on who stays and why... I see most of the same people year after year... Oh I forgot you are in a bar in CT.. Well get of your bar seat and sit in in the 45 deg weather with 30 mile hour winds with rain, for the 8 hour collective game and tailgate... Whatever...

Yes, we're fans, but to a certain extent it's entertainment too. Not a very entertaining game.

I guess the analogy would be if you go to the local cinema to watch a movie, and it turns out to be a real stinker that you can't stand, why stick around to see how it ends?

I stayed until the end, but mostly because I was talking with some of my seat mates.

Had I left earlier I would have missed Colt throwing a pick 6 to the Titans when there wasn't a Browns player inside 20 yards of where he threw the ball.

I should have left the radio off the next morning because I heard him say he was just trying to make a play!!LOL

Does anyone else ever feel like punching someone in the face??

Archived