THE BROWNS BOARD

Does Tenn. Have An All-Pro O-Line?

Soju

awful game all around, but to be fair the Titans DO have one of the better lines in the NFL, and Matt Hasselbeck is still a good QB, you see he's doing much better under the Titans line this year than he did the last few years with the line he had in Seattle.

that being said awful performance by the browns in all areas, even the playcalling was terrible, 60 passes for colt, albeit he completed 40 of them most of which were so short though. only 10 runs for hillis? running Armond Smith on 4th and 1 instead of Hillis? what? armond smith is a fast back, not a short yardage back, and I looked how he missed the first down and was just thinking Hillis in that same exact spot would have easily made it(but you can speculate on the defense adjusting or whatever, I really doubt Hillis wouldn't have got it).

Shurmur needs to get better else people will start missing Mangini.

Too late...

At least we were competitive when he was around, except the blow out game.

Still, got to give this guy some time to learn. He's a new head coach with not a lot of talent on the team. But he hasn't shown much at all these first 4 games.

awful game all around, but to be fair the Titans DO have one of the better lines in the NFL, and Matt Hasselbeck is still a good QB, you see he's doing much better under the Titans line this year than he did the last few years with the line he had in Seattle.

that being said awful performance by the browns in all areas, even the playcalling was terrible, 60 passes for colt, albeit he completed 40 of them most of which were so short though. only 10 runs for hillis? running Armond Smith on 4th and 1 instead of Hillis? what? armond smith is a fast back, not a short yardage back, and I looked how he missed the first down and was just thinking Hillis in that same exact spot would have easily made it(but you can speculate on the defense adjusting or whatever, I really doubt Hillis wouldn't have got it).

The titans looked well coached and played like a pro team, the browns just looked awful all the way around..

We need to just chalk it up as growing pains for now as we have zero playmaking WRs on offense and what appears to be a young struggling QB with increasingly questionable intangibles..

Coach has plenty a mess on his hands but needs to consider a few things and utilize the weapons he has,

Shurmur has to find a way to get the ball into cribbs and hillis and moores hands more often along with watson and accept the fact that no other playmakers are likely to emerge without some speed..

Armond smith as a drag and go WR?

Why not at least he can move fast enough to cause some panic and distraction..

Usama young is somehow a downgrade from abe elam and shurmur needs to stick a fork in sheldon brown as a starting CB he needs to be moved to FS so skrine and hag can get some experience in..

Gocong and fujita are mediocre at best yet loved by this regime for whatever unjustifiable reasons but they are both far less than ideal OLBs and time will painfully prove this..

We need to see more skrine and less patterson if i were shurmur i would get to talking to hecktard about a few issues..

And mangini is still the worst GM and coach that was ever hired by any team..

Just like to point out that from about 7 left in the 3rd we played catch up and threw the whole time, obviously if they game had been alot closer we would have seen more runs, but when your down by a lot in this offensive scheme they are obviously going to pass a lot.

Plus before this game the titans had only given up 4 sacks in 3 games, so ya they are one of the best O-Lines when it comes to pass protection.

Everyone on defense looked so slow too besides Haden, I mean the entire defense, even all the defensive backs(other than Haden), were getting out run by JARED COOK, A TIGHT END.

on that big Nate Washington TD, Haden caught up to him right away despite being on the other side of the field, and Mike Adams couldn't even grab him when he was right next to him(watch the highlights and key in on number 20).

Fujita isn't a starter anymore and should be a backup OLB, I'd rather be playing Maiava since I always saw that guy making hard tackles.

McCoy needs to play better too but there also needs to be better play calling, cause this play calling certainly isn't helping with barely any running.

Archived