THE BROWNS BOARD

Mack And Haden To Miss Time!

Nashdawg09

Mack should be good to play in two weeks. Getting your appendix out is not what it used to be. When my dad got his out 25 years ago he was in the hospital for about 2 weeks, when my friend got his out 10 years ago he was in the hospital for 4 days, had a huge incision, and couldn't play in little league for 3 weeks, when my other friend got his taken out two weeks ago they just did an incision in the belly button and I think one small one in the back and he was out the next day walking around with just some slight pain. If they Browns played this week I would say it would be 50/50, but since it's the buy I would be surprised if he isn't well enough to play.

No, a sprain is a sprain. A tear is a tear.

It is plausible that both could be ready after the bye week. When a coach says that a player could "miss some time" he is referring to practice time as well as a game.

no, a sprain is a minor tear. and usually takes 4-6wks or more if there are setbacks.

or i should say almost every sprain is a tear except for some of the most minor.

"Signs and Symptoms of Sprains

The usual signs and symptoms of a muscle sprain include pain, swelling, bruising, and the loss of functional ability (the ability to move and use the joint). Sometimes people feel a pop or tear when the injury happens. However, these signs and symptoms can vary in intensity, depending on the severity of the sprain.

Sprain Severity

•Grade I Sprain: A grade I (mild) sprain causes overstretching or slight tearing of the ligaments with no joint instability. A person with a mild sprain usually experiences minimal pain, swelling, and little or no loss of functional ability. Bruising is absent or slight, and the person is usually able to put weight on the affected joint.

•Grade II Sprain: A grade II (moderate) sprain causes partial tearing of the ligament and is characterized by bruising, moderate pain, and swelling. A person with a moderate sprain usually has some difficulty putting weight on the affected joint and experiences some loss of function. An x-ray or MRI may be needed.

•Grade III Sprain: A grade III (severe) sprain results in a complete tear or rupture a ligament. Pain, swelling, and bruising are usually severe, and the patient is unable to put weight on the joint. An x-ray is usually taken to rule out a broken bone. This type of a muscle sprain often requires immobilization and possibly surgery. It can also increase the risk of an athlete having future muscles sprains in that area. "..........WebMD

or i should say almost every sprain is a tear except for some of the most minor.

"Signs and Symptoms of Sprains

The usual signs and symptoms of a muscle sprain include pain, swelling, bruising, and the loss of functional ability (the ability to move and use the joint). Sometimes people feel a pop or tear when the injury happens. However, these signs and symptoms can vary in intensity, depending on the severity of the sprain.

Sprain Severity

•Grade I Sprain: A grade I (mild) sprain causes overstretching or slight tearing of the ligaments with no joint instability. A person with a mild sprain usually experiences minimal pain, swelling, and little or no loss of functional ability. Bruising is absent or slight, and the person is usually able to put weight on the affected joint.

•Grade II Sprain: A grade II (moderate) sprain causes partial tearing of the ligament and is characterized by bruising, moderate pain, and swelling. A person with a moderate sprain usually has some difficulty putting weight on the affected joint and experiences some loss of function. An x-ray or MRI may be needed.

•Grade III Sprain: A grade III (severe) sprain results in a complete tear or rupture a ligament. Pain, swelling, and bruising are usually severe, and the patient is unable to put weight on the joint. An x-ray is usually taken to rule out a broken bone. This type of a muscle sprain often requires immobilization and possibly surgery. It can also increase the risk of an athlete having future muscles sprains in that area. "..........WebMD

Haha, why even call it a sprain after level 1 if it's an actual tear at that point. Makes no sense to me. Had a Grade I/II sprain in high school, was out for a week but was able to come back after without needing an x ray or surgery, but I did have trouble with my knee giving out on my at random times for the next 3 odd weeks (a few times playing, walking through school, almost took a tumble when it gave out while walking down a stair case).

Cross those fingers for a grade I.

Cross those fingers for a grade I.

completely agree. hayden is a amazing player and i'd hate to see him go down for any length of time.

unfortunately, i don't think they'd have even mentioned it if it were only a grade I.

get him a hyperbaric chamber STAT!

completely agree. hayden is a amazing player and i'd hate to see him go down for any length of time.

unfortunately, i don't think they'd have even mentioned it if it were only a grade I.

get him a hyperbaric chamber STAT!

I think they would, hell it was top news on ESPN, what are they supposed to say, nothing was wrong.

I think they would, hell it was top news on ESPN, what are they supposed to say, nothing was wrong.

no, no, i just meant that if it was a grade I it probably wouldn't even be a story.

according to the definition of one "Grade I Sprain: A grade I (mild) sprain causes overstretching or slight tearing of the ligaments with no joint instability. A person with a mild sprain usually experiences minimal pain, swelling, and little or no loss of functional ability. Bruising is absent or slight, and the person is usually able to put weight on the affected joint. " you might think that if there is "minimal pain and swelling" and if he has "little or no loss of functional ability" then we'd probably not even hear about it.

hell, i bet Hillis's shoulder always is a little sore after a game and hittin holes the way he does...........we just dont hear about it if it causes "little or no loss of function".

Mack should be good to play in two weeks. Getting your appendix out is not what it used to be. When my dad got his out 25 years ago he was in the hospital for about 2 weeks, when my friend got his out 10 years ago he was in the hospital for 4 days, had a huge incision, and couldn't play in little league for 3 weeks, when my other friend got his taken out two weeks ago they just did an incision in the belly button and I think one small one in the back and he was out the next day walking around with just some slight pain. If they Browns played this week I would say it would be 50/50, but since it's the buy I would be surprised if he isn't well enough to play.

I got mine out 5 years ago, I was out the same day and got the nurses phone number. Went to the mall in Denver (pain killers rule). Banged the nurse 5 days later. Mack should be good to go next Sunday.

Nurses name was Rosie Palmer.

LOL, I have never heard that in my life. Maybe because I get the real thing. She was real my friend, trust me.

Funny story about that. I remember just about to go to sleep all messed up for the drugs. I remember asking the doctor if I could "tell a joke" he said as long as it wasn't dirty. So I replied "what do you call a blonde doing a handstand? A brunette with bad breath." I fell asleep as the room cracked up in laughter.

The nurse was blonde.

Archived