THE BROWNS BOARD

Good Golly Miss Mollies, It Is Not Just One Player

calfoxwc

Did anybody see the Ratbird-Jets game last night? Superstar Sanchez of SoCal and high first round pick of Sheply fame?

Then there is Flatulent Flacco of the talent laden Ratbirds.

Sanchez didn't impress me when he was at SoCal. Last night, he gave three touchdowns to the Ratbirds, all by his overrated self.

and Flacco, with an excellent oline in front of him, only completed TEN PASSES.

Here's their stats:

30.5 11 35 31.4 119 119.0 3.4 0 1 Sanchez

37.4 10 31 32.3 163 163.0 5.3 0 1 Flatulent

So, Sanchez had a qb rating of 30.5, only completed 11 of 35 in a big game against an outstanding defense, for only 119 yards, no TD, one INT.

His average pass length was 3.4 yards. And his fumbles? I'd HATE to be a Jets fan yesterday.

Now, Flatulent had a qb rating of 37.4, completed only TEN of THIRTY ONE PASSES, no TD, one INT, for 163 yards, average pass length 5.3 yards..

The Jets defense and offensive lines were overrun.

So, Colt throws for what was it? 40 of 62 passes for 350 yards, one INT ? Against the number one defense in the NFL ...???

and you think that it was Colts' fault? Yes, Colt made some mistakes. See above.

The Jets were without Mangold, their center. The Browns are going to be without Mack, I suppose, for a couple of games?

The Browns were without a genuine RT, Pashos just coming back from an injury anyways, a rookie at LG, and playing with a recovering

Strep Throat Hillis used sparingly, a *rookie at rb, a rookie at FB, two rookies on the defensive line, a rookie at wr, a second replacement punter,

a rookie at nickle back (Buster Skrine).....

Now, Compare the Jets' receivers with the ratbird receivers. Then compare those with the Browns.

The Jets vs ratbirds is a bad matchup for the Jets, but the Browns vs Tenn. was a WORSE matchup, and they still had 350 yards passing.

In previous years, the Browns would have only mustered about 92 yards passing with three ints, and 23 yards rushing.

With a very bad matchup, the Browns' weaknesses are exploited bigtime. They still need a few? major additions to their starting lineup.

I wouldn't say that about the ratbirds, and they lost to Tenn, too. And I wouldn't say it about the Jets, either.

After watching Sanchez completely blow his quarterbacking, I'm GLAD the Browns have McCoy instead of Sanchez.

I told Sheply, several of us did. But no, Shep never listens about quarterbacks. His Leinart and his Sanchez........ gosh, I wonder why they didn't "raise the level of play" their teams? I want the Browns to win, sure. But I see temendous improvement in the quality of players and play on this team.

But it was still a very bad matchup for the Browns. No coaching or playcalling would fix that last Sunday.

I predict right now, that the Browns will kick serious squeeeeeler butt on Jan 2. That will make the half of the Browns' season for me, THIS year.

yawn

Yawn this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20111002005

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer

11 hours, 18 minutes ago

tCLEVELAND (AP)—No quarterback in Cleveland Browns history has ever thrown as many passes or completed as many as Colt McCoy(notes) did against Tennessee.

He broke two team records.

He couldn’t stop Cleveland’s from getting worse.

McCoy went 40 of 61 for 350 yards and one TD against the league’s No. 1-ranked defense, which sacked him three times and chased Cleveland’s second-year QB all afternoon. But as he tried to rally the Browns in the second half, McCoy forced a pass that was picked and taken all the way back by Babineaux.

“I should have thrown it away,” McCoy said. “I was just trying to make a play. It’s one of those things you learn from and you wish you could take back. That was a dumb play on my part.”

McCoy broke the club marks for completions previously held by Tim Couch (36 in 201) and attempts held by Brian Sipe (57 in 1981. McCoy’s 40 completions were five shy of the league record set by Drew Bledsoe (1994).

McCoy. It's all his fault. He is surrounded by superbowl caliber players. Because the team's record was excellent when different QB's were under center. It's also his fault the Indians faltered down the stretch and LeBron left.

He has the best receivers in the NFL to throw to!

McCoy. It's all his fault. He is surrounded by superbowl caliber players. Because the team's record was excellent when different QB's were under center. It's also his fault the Indians faltered down the stretch and LeBron left.

He has the best receivers in the NFL to throw to!

Your right all great QBs do the jump pass when they need to throw over 20 yards!!

Did anybody see the Ratbird-Jets game last night? Superstar Sanchez of SoCal and high first round pick of Sheply fame?

Then there is Flatulent Flacco of the talent laden Ratbirds.

Sanchez didn't impress me when he was at SoCal. Last night, he gave three touchdowns to the Ratbirds, all by his overrated self.

and Flacco, with an excellent oline in front of him, only completed TEN PASSES.

Here's their stats:

30.5 11 35 31.4 119 119.0 3.4 0 1 Sanchez

37.4 10 31 32.3 163 163.0 5.3 0 1 Flatulent

So, Sanchez had a qb rating of 30.5, only completed 11 of 35 in a big game against an outstanding defense, for only 119 yards, no TD, one INT.

His average pass length was 3.4 yards. And his fumbles? I'd HATE to be a Jets fan yesterday.

Now, Flatulent had a qb rating of 37.4, completed only TEN of THIRTY ONE PASSES, no TD, one INT, for 163 yards, average pass length 5.3 yards..

The Jets defense and offensive lines were overrun.

So, Colt throws for what was it? 40 of 62 passes for 350 yards, one INT ? Against the number one defense in the NFL ...???

and you think that it was Colts' fault? Yes, Colt made some mistakes. See above.

The Jets were without Mangold, their center. The Browns are going to be without Mack, I suppose, for a couple of games?

The Browns were without a genuine RT, Pashos just coming back from an injury anyways, a rookie at LG, and playing with a recovering

Strep Throat Hillis used sparingly, a *rookie at rb, a rookie at FB, two rookies on the defensive line, a rookie at wr, a second replacement punter,

a rookie at nickle back (Buster Skrine).....

Now, Compare the Jets' receivers with the ratbird receivers. Then compare those with the Browns.

The Jets vs ratbirds is a bad matchup for the Jets, but the Browns vs Tenn. was a WORSE matchup, and they still had 350 yards passing.

In previous years, the Browns would have only mustered about 92 yards passing with three ints, and 23 yards rushing.

With a very bad matchup, the Browns' weaknesses are exploited bigtime. They still need a few? major additions to their starting lineup.

I wouldn't say that about the ratbirds, and they lost to Tenn, too. And I wouldn't say it about the Jets, either.

After watching Sanchez completely blow his quarterbacking, I'm GLAD the Browns have McCoy instead of Sanchez.

I told Sheply, several of us did. But no, Shep never listens about quarterbacks. His Leinart and his Sanchez........ gosh, I wonder why they didn't "raise the level of play" their teams? I want the Browns to win, sure. But I see temendous improvement in the quality of players and play on this team.

But it was still a very bad matchup for the Browns. No coaching or playcalling would fix that last Sunday.

I predict right now, that the Browns will kick serious squeeeeeler butt on Jan 2. That will make the half of the Browns' season for me, THIS year.

hey genius it all starts with the QB and the skill players on offense..........................otherwise you are a LOSER........................keep wanting to be a loser.... blowing the same idiotic loser smoke you been for ten years

McCoy looked flustered. I can't blame it all on him. Granted, some of his passes reminded me of Couch. Telegraphing where you are going to throw, under thrown, etc. But our offensive line is pathetic, even Mr. Pro Bowl Thomas does not impress me, sorry. And Mac with his stupid ass penalty. Where is the discipline on this team? Shurmer does not have control I fear. Look for bad things to come.

Yawn this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20111002005

By TOM WITHERS, AP Sports Writer

11 hours, 18 minutes ago

tCLEVELAND (AP)—No quarterback in Cleveland Browns history has ever thrown as many passes or completed as many as Colt McCoy(notes) did against Tennessee.

He broke two team records.

He couldn’t stop Cleveland’s from getting worse.

McCoy went 40 of 61 for 350 yards and one TD against the league’s No. 1-ranked defense, which sacked him three times and chased Cleveland’s second-year QB all afternoon. But as he tried to rally the Browns in the second half, McCoy forced a pass that was picked and taken all the way back by Babineaux.

“I should have thrown it away,” McCoy said. “I was just trying to make a play. It’s one of those things you learn from and you wish you could take back. That was a dumb play on my part.”

McCoy broke the club marks for completions previously held by Tim Couch (36 in 201) and attempts held by Brian Sipe (57 in 1981. McCoy’s 40 completions were five shy of the league record set by Drew Bledsoe (1994).

I can't believe I am saying this, I agree with Cal here. He is 100% right. How many starts does he have? Come on. There are a only a handful of VETERAN QB's that can come back against that defense. Maybe 4 and one is hurt (no not Raplisburger).

use stats to support and argument cal, not make it.

once again noodles did not show up in the first 3 quarters. looked terrible, checking down and scrambling from ghosts when he did have an actual pocket.

most understand he is young, but he's regressing, and its seemingly a mental problem. if he can fix it, great. but completing 40 passes when 35 of them are 5 yards or less is nothing to be proud about.

I did use stats. Flatulence and Sanchez didn't throw for a big average either. When your offensive line is overrun, you don't have FREAKIN TIME to let the

wr's get downfield on any kind of route. You can ONLY throw the quick hitters. That's what I had in mind when I kept doing my mock drafts last year, and

kept picking either Torrey Smith, with the ratbirds, or Randall Cobb. They can get open very fast, and have the speed for the yac. Flatulence had excellent pass protection -

and still only completed ten passes out of 31? Come on, Rich. Stop smooching your Troy PollyfroggieGirlieman poster and get with the program.

Those two wr's could run routes faster than Rob and MoMass..... backwards.

But, the Browns don't have that luxury yet. and that leavs McCoy to go to his tightends and backs a whole lot more.

BTW, why the hell wasn't that pick play called? I swear it was called once on the Browns in preseason.... I'm thinkin corrupt officials somewhere.

Look, ...completing ten or eleven passes in the ratbird jets game...means it all starts with the qb? figures, Richisabeetle would jump in with mindless blather.

The Browns just don't have the talent to go against the very best teams in the NFL. Yet.

But getting there? I believe so.

It used to be, that you could say "Joe Thomas, Rubin and Cribbs" as players who cared to play bigitme football.Now, you add McCoy, Haden, Ward, Mack, Hillis, GoCong, Fujita, Taylor, Sheard, Watson, Rubin, Mitchell, Jackson and Adams and a few others, and that list is longer than that...then you throw in some good rookies who are learning, like Pinkston who is starting at LG. You notice who the LG for the ratbirds is? Gurode - a five time pro bowler.

And, Mack played with appendicitis. That's serious stuff right there, to go ahead and play through that.

The older Browns teams would have lost 49 - 3 against Tenn.'s third string. This team is headed in the right direction - it doesn't mean they have arrived at the Superbowl yet.

I did use stats. Flatulence and Sanchez didn't throw for a big average either. When your offensive line is overrun, you don't have FREAKIN TIME to let the

wr's get downfield on any kind of route. You can ONLY throw the quick hitters. That's what I had in mind when I kept doing my mock drafts last year, and

kept picking either Torrey Smith, with the ratbirds, or Randall Cobb. They can get open very fast, and have the speed for the yac. Flatulence had excellent pass protection -

and still only completed ten passes out of 31? Come on, Rich. Stop smooching your Troy PollyfroggieGirlieman poster and get with the program.

Those two wr's could run routes faster than Rob and MoMass..... backwards.

But, the Browns don't have that luxury yet. and that leavs McCoy to go to his tightends and backs a whole lot more.

BTW, why the hell wasn't that pick play called? I swear it was called once on the Browns in preseason.... I'm thinkin corrupt officials somewhere.

Look, ...completing ten or eleven passes in the ratbird jets game...means it all starts with the qb? figures, Richisabeetle would jump in with mindless blather.

The Browns just don't have the talent to go against the very best teams in the NFL. Yet.

But getting there? I believe so.

It used to be, that you could say "Joe Thomas, Rubin and Cribbs" as players who cared to play bigitme football.Now, you add McCoy, Haden, Ward, Mack, Hillis, GoCong, Fujita, Taylor, Sheard, Watson, Rubin, Mitchell, Jackson and Adams and a few others, and that list is longer than that...then you throw in some good rookies who are learning, like Pinkston who is starting at LG. You notice who the LG for the ratbirds is? Gurode - a five time pro bowler.

And, Mack played with appendicitis. That's serious stuff right there, to go ahead and play through that.

The older Browns teams would have lost 49 - 3 against Tenn.'s third string. This team is headed in the right direction - it doesn't mean they have arrived at the Superbowl yet.

I don't see it, I see regression.

I don't see it, I see regression.

me too....and a bad coaching staff.

so unless the D holds every team to 13 or less points, we have no shot. sometimes, an O has to score points. behind or not, they failed miserably.

this is on shurmur....colt looked like shit, but coach has to help him. its obvious colts heads xxxxed up. shurmur doesn't appear to be helping, and pissing off certain playmakers in the process.

this is a trainwreck....you'll see it once you move on from denial.

hey genius it all starts with the QB and the skill players on offense..........................otherwise you are a LOSER........................keep wanting to be a loser.... blowing the same idiotic loser smoke you been for ten years

In case you didn't notice Rich- having Julio Jones wouldn't have helped the Browns score 40 on the Titans- which MAY have been enough to win the game.

Having a couple linebackers that can actually cover TEs might have helped keep the opposing team's score down, no?

Yup, the Patriots are going to keep right on winning- as long as Brady throws for 10,000 yards in the regular season- and then be one and done in the playoffs, where defense actually matters.

so unless the D holds every team to 13 or less points, we have no shot. sometimes, an O has to score points. behind or not, they failed miserably.

What?

In both of the Browns' wins thus far, the opponent has scored more than 13 points. The Dolphins got 16, the Colts 19. So it looks like the Browns do indeed have a shot if they don't hold the opposing team to 13 points or less.

Stop being such a queefing pussy and take this loss for what it was.. a loss to a far more talented AND experienced team. Did you really expect the Browns to win every game for the rest of the season? They have a long way to go before you can reasonably expect a win every Sunday.

What?

In both of the Browns' wins thus far, the opponent has scored more than 13 points. The Dolphins got 16, the Colts 19. So it looks like the Browns do indeed have a shot if they don't hold the opposing team to 13 points or less.

Stop being such a queefing pussy and take this loss for what it was.. a loss to a far more talented AND experienced team. Did you really expect the Browns to win every game for the rest of the season? They have a long way to go before you can reasonably expect a win every Sunday.

Someone whose posts i've agreed with. theyre far from winning them all. take a chill pill,were 500. for chrissake!

It would be great if we could easily pin this loss and all soon upcoming losses on one player or even the coach/regime, but it wouldnt be right as this was truly a team loss, it was a combination of youth and inexperience along with a lack of everything you need to do in order to win.

The laundry list of lacks and malfunctions that occurred in the titan game is almost too big to list..

And covers everything from the general manager through the coaches duties, personnel packages and preparations right down to some seriously poor player execution and even a few poorly skilled overpaid veteran players and a lot of mistakes and errors..

And if all of this wasnt enough the titans brought an class A gameplan and a very talented team that exploited and prodded our lack of experience and many weaknesses/shortcomings to the stadium..

The titans were merciless and made our over matched guys work for every inch that they stopped or gained the entire game and we should thank them for that because it was experience earned the hard way and left no way to feel good about anything except hopefully that some lessons were learned and some newbie coaching boo boos get corrected..

Chances are we will see a chain of losses the second half of the season but we shouldnt see many as degrading as the titans game was..

This season is what it is, both a complete system conversion process and matching talent evaluation so we need to be patient and support the regime while they try to do their thing and turn this organization around..

Even the best QB'S ever lost games, i'm not crushing our first true young promising QB in 10 years because some suckass fans think we need better, i really believe our fans would cry foul if Arron Rodgers was doing work here OH OH OH I WANT EVERY OTHER QB.... Except ours.

Colt just keep ya head up, love your game, just launch the 35+ break a few more times a game to get some fan reaction.

I'm new to this forum and I'm not calling any one person out, but those of you that are putting this loss squarely on Colt's back and talking about next year already, you don't deserve to have a QB as good as him. I've been watching McCoy play QB for years (including in person, at several UT games) and if you don't think this guy's a good QB for you, you don't understand the game of football. He can make all the throws, hes not getting himself in trouble, hes a encouraging player/person to be around, he can buy time with his legs and complete throws off one foot/on the run/across his body, is a student of the game, is highly competitive, is humble in defeat and success, and has experience with winning football games. Building something solid takes time and you don;t have all the pieces yet, but that doesn't mean that you blow it all up. Are there better QB's out there? Yes. Is the one you have right now the single reason you didn't win the last game? No. There are several factors, not the least of which is the personnel you have at the WR, secondary, and D-line positions. There are several needs to address, and QB is not the biggest fish to fry. Also, Hillis will probably pick up his production, but he's never going to put up staggering numbers. . .he's not that type of back. He's a durable, vertical runner and he will need relief if you want to make use of him in the playoffs.

Lol....ok. sorry.....we beat windless teams. I guess I just didn't see the awesomeness on the field. We just came up a bit short....

The worst teams in the league scored more than 13 points against us....fantastic job in pointing that out pumpkin stuffer. That's how xxxxin bad we suck u dumbass....u think our schedule gets easier from here?

Archived