26 members have voted

1. 1. What position will the Browns draft in rounds 1 and 2

• QB
    • LB
    • OL
    • DL
    • WR
    • DB

With multiple picks in the early rounds and knowing what we know now about this team after four games, what positions should we go after?

Your poll will only allow one vote. IIRC, we have two first rounders, and one second. First round will depend on what's still on the board when we draft. We need a stud WR and OLB- badly. Which we take first will depend on the highest ranked player on the board when we draft- the need is about equal. Second round is easy- a RT.

And Heckert has shown he'll take BPA over need, so it may be something out of left field, like a FS or another CB.

And Free Agency- which won't be as discombobulated as it was this year, will play a large part also.

I agree Larry. It's hard to talk draft and say we will take this position or that position since we draft BPA.

It's also hard to speculate who will be there since you don't know who will even be in the draft, or at what position we will be drafting so we can speculate on who might possibly be there.

As a general theme, I hope we get faster at the non lineman positions and bigger and stronger on the lines.

I laugh at the talk of best player available because the Browns DO NOT draft the best player available. If they did they wouldn't have traded down last year. And then when their pick came up they took Phil Taylor, who was NOT the best player available!

If I had to lay down money right now on a bet I say we definately draft either a QB or a WR in the first round! There is no way that the Browns don't draft a difference maker this year, and there is no way that they don't realize that either McCoy or the receivers are to blame. The oline will be addressed as well but trading down and taking a lineman on either side of the ball will not fly again. I would hope we stay put and go LB or DE with the second pick in the first round since we still are not getting pressure on opposing QB's.

I laugh at the talk of best player available because the Browns DO NOT draft the best player available. If they did they wouldn't have traded down last year. And then when their pick came up they took Phil Taylor, who was NOT the best player available!

How the FFFF do you know? Taylor may prove to have been worthy of a top ten pick. Who was oh so much better than Taylor who was taken after him in your professional opinion? I am assuming that you are a paid pro personnel talent scout since you seem so sure of yourself in this opinion.

If I had to lay down money right now on a bet I say we definately draft either a QB or a WR in the first round! There is no way that the Browns don't draft a difference maker this year, and there is no way that they don't realize that either McCoy or the receivers are to blame. The oline will be addressed as well but trading down and taking a lineman on either side of the ball will not fly again. I would hope we stay put and go LB or DE with the second pick in the first round since we still are not getting pressure on opposing QB's.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Browns took a LB and an OL with those 2 picks...because I think Heckert is a "makeup artist. He believes in applying the foundation and blush before you add the glitter.

(Does anyon think that is a gay analogy?)

Lmao...STILL don't understand why we traded down....

Try to comprehend that BPA does NOT mean who YOU think is the BPA...

Right. It means who does Tom Heckert and Mike Holmgren think is the best player available! Not you, me, Mel Kiper, or anyone else.

Phil Taylor has been pretty damn good so far so maybe heckert knows something about scouting that you don't. You know? Like maybe how to do it.

Your poll will only allow one vote. IIRC, we have two first rounders, and one second. First round will depend on what's still on the board when we draft. We need a stud WR and OLB- badly. Which we take first will depend on the highest ranked player on the board when we draft- the need is about equal. Second round is easy- a RT.

And Heckert has shown he'll take BPA over need, so it may be something out of left field, like a FS or another CB.

And Free Agency- which won't be as discombobulated as it was this year, will play a large part also.

You guys all argue on my previous threads that we havent or currently dont need a playmaking WR and I constantly see you guys saying stuff like this. Do you really think I don't read other threads or something? Or for some reason you love to disagree with me. Now after four games everyone realizes we need a WR bad. It's ok its not a matter of who said what first, we arent in highschool anymore. It's a relief to see browns fans acknowledging this problem. Put some heat on management to get this stud WR. Let's Go

yeah we need WR,WR and WRS!!!

I think we should just use every pick and draft WRS!

well see what we should do is draft a few more DT in the first round, so we can just really stuff up the middle. Or draft a couple more possesion WR's to keep it consistent with our previous WR draftees.

It will be an interesting draft next year. As much as i hate heckert and Holmgren it is a make of break draft..

So far they havent found any diamonds in the rough.. They need to draft some talented speed guys

The draft pics are one of the only areas I think the browns are doing really well in. Completely disagree with your post. I think heckert is building an awesome defense. Give it some time before you start baying for blood. No one in their right mind thought the 2011 browns would be awesome.

Yea i've been pleased with the drafts so far from Heckert.

I think WR, DB, LB, and RT are the picks for our four picks in the first 3 rounds.. I want a stud WR obv, Sheldon is looking worn down, we can get more aggressive at the LB positions (although I like what i see from DQ Jackson), and RT for depth/talent..

Agree

WR-Justin Blackmon,Alshon Jeffery,Ryan Broyles

LB-Vontaze Burfict,Luke Kuechly,Monte Te'O,Zach Brown

CB-Chase Minnifeild,Alfonso Dennard,Stephon Gilmore

RT-Matt Kahil,Johnathan Martin

These are some of the players ill be looking at in the 1st

Little is showing promise as being a go-to WR while MoMass is also showing a good level of dependability. True neither one has elite speed but if Cribbs can further develop as a WR then we may be able to spend our draft picks on other positions.

I definitely want to see a CB to play opposite of Haden, Brown just isn't cutting it. He gets picked on every game. Dennard from Nebraska, Kirkpatrick out of Alabama would both be good picks.

Our DL is playing good but I feel that drafting Melvin Ingram at RE would make our line lethal.

LB

WR

DB

Fujita looks like he's 50 years old out there and Brown is beyond awful...

you guys keep hatin on fujita but the saints are still using 3 guys to do what fujita could do all by himself. fujita does a lot of things that go unnoticed because he plays the least glamorous of all the LB positions. not only that but hes the defensive leader and captain....those are things that you dont get from a rookie or young LB

the worst thing the browns could do is avoid the offensive line in the early rounds. with 2 first round picks they can easily upgrade either guard position or focus on a bookend tackle opposite joe thomas

not only that but if they pick early enough.....and they will......they will have a shot at one of the top 4 WRs coming out....blackmon and jeffries are going to be huge huge stars in this league

You guys all argue on my previous threads that we havent or currently dont need a playmaking WR and I constantly see you guys saying stuff like this. Do you really think I don't read other threads or something? Or for some reason you love to disagree with me. Now after four games everyone realizes we need a WR bad. It's ok its not a matter of who said what first, we arent in highschool anymore. It's a relief to see browns fans acknowledging this problem. Put some heat on management to get this stud WR. Let's Go

dude you make it so easy to dislike you.

it's OBVIOUS to me that it does matter to you who said what first and that goes to show me that you are either very young or very immature or both.

it's not that we didn't agree with YOU (and god knows it was only YOU that said this) that we need a top notch WR, it's that we didn't agree on how to do it. YOU would have signed a over-the-hill FA and put us into salary cap nightmares. WE have said let's see how we do this year with a new system and see if little, momass and maybe even mitchell can step up and show us something. i think little and momass have shown they belong on the roster. that doesn't mean in now ways are they a steve smith or a calvin johnson BUT sometimes you gotta play the cards you got as to not blow your whole stack of chips.

one impact player on offense will not take this team to where it needs to be. we've got a long road ahead and with a fat guy driving the bus we might have to make a couple of stops along the way.

Archived