THE BROWNS BOARD

Lead With Your Helmet Much Jimmie?

hoorta

.....Harrison Has Eye Owie.......

Damn near breaks my heart- couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Clearly you didn't watch the game. I believe it was Duane Brown that came up on a block that and drove his face mask up and in to the face of Harrison. Brown was low and fired up and that was all she wrote for James and his face. Harrison gets a bad rap from rival fan bases. He's a down to earth, hard working outside linebacker that takes every offensive gain personally. Every team in the league would kill for a guy that carries himself in the same regard. All the guy does is work. End of story.

Clearly you didn't watch the game. I believe it was Duane Brown that came up on a block that and drove his face mask up and in to the face of Harrison. Brown was low and fired up and that was all she wrote for James and his face. Harrison gets a bad rap from rival fan bases. He's a down to earth, hard working outside linebacker that takes every offensive gain personally. Every team in the league would kill for a guy that carries himself in the same regard. All the guy does is work. End of story.

Harrison is not a "down to earth" guy. He is not real bright and kind of a jerk. He would not visit the White House after a Super Bowl win because he wouldn't get the invitation if they had lost? What a great mind!

But he is a heck of a linebacker. Exactly what you want on defense. He intimidates. His type of play is what made the NFL successful. The way the NFL is headed now though, this type of Butkus, Nitschke, Taylor linebacker will soon be a thing of the past.

Does "down to earth" mean dumb? Is he intimidating, yes? Offensive players have to worry about intentional helmet to helmet hits and being speared You can lead with your head when there is not much in it to be damaged

Harrison is not a "down to earth" guy. He is not real bright and kind of a jerk. He would not visit the White House after a Super Bowl win because he wouldn't get the invitation if they had lost? What a great mind!

But he is a heck of a linebacker. Exactly what you want on defense. He intimidates. His type of play is what made the NFL successful. The way the NFL is headed now though, this type of Butkus, Nitschke, Taylor linebacker will soon be a thing of the past.

Are you one of those " this is turning into flag football" guys? He's a dirty player and what goes around comes around.

I've broken my orbital bone. It sucks and hurts. It's the kind of annoying pain that last for a while and every time you talk, smile, laugh or touch it it hurts. Not to mention the complications that can come along with it.

Harrison gets a bad rap from opposing fans because- to put it politely, he plays on the edge of the rule book. We haven't forgotten he took Massaquoi and Cribbs out of the game last year. Haven't forgotten he got fined multiple times for dirty hits either. Like I said, Karma's a bitch.

And no I haven't had the time to watch your game yet- I do have the Directv shortcut DVRed, and I will get around to checking out the play he got hurt on.

He is really down to earth but the picture painted in the national media the picture painted in the local media is completely different. He has his quirks for sure but he's not a "jerk" and he said what he said about the white house and it put some people off but the guy also hates to fly. He flies when he absolutely has to for the away games but I don't believe he flies much otherwise. I personally have no qualms with him not going to the white house. I also completely agree on the NFL and it's changing landscape. It's really a shame. I understand protecting the players BUT it's neutering defenses and making it ALL about offenses. As a result you have guys like Tom Brady throwing for ungodly yard totals because defenders can't go hard to receivers etc.

Does "down to earth" mean dumb? Is he intimidating, yes? Offensive players have to worry about intentional helmet to helmet hits and being speared You can lead with your head when there is not much in it to be damaged

He is down to earth and he's far from dumb. He's painted a certain way by the National media and rival fan bases but that portrait is incorrect. As I just said above the guy certainly has his quirks, see his attacks on goodell and others. The guy is actually a big softie and if you'd read some of the local stuff you'd see that. He's a big kid, sorta shy and seriously misunderstood. Take it for what it's worth and I honestly don't care if people believe what I'm saying or not. Every team in the league would take that guy at OLB, especially in his prime. He's still battling injury with his back but was getting close to 100%. Now his orbital is fractured.

Being within walking distance from where Harrison went to HS, I have talked to a few people that know him....casually. They do say he was not the brightest bulb in the pack, but they also say that any "jerkiness...or assholeness" has been only a phenomena that has occurred since he has joined the Steelers. They thought he was quiet and a bit aloof actually. To me, he is more of a system guy than anything. LeBeau gets guys like that to play well.

I've never wished harm upon another player, but I honestly enjoyed watching that. Not because he's hurt, but because he was on the receiving end of what he's been doing all these years.

I hope his eye boo-boo heals, and then I hope another person goes helmet to helmet with him. Just to drive the point across.

He is down to earth and he's far from dumb. He's painted a certain way by the National media and rival fan bases but that portrait is incorrect. As I just said above the guy certainly has his quirks, see his attacks on goodell and others. The guy is actually a big softie and if you'd read some of the local stuff you'd see that. He's a big kid, sorta shy and seriously misunderstood. Take it for what it's worth and I honestly don't care if people believe what I'm saying or not. Every team in the league would take that guy at OLB, especially in his prime. He's still battling injury with his back but was getting close to 100%. Now his orbital is fractured.

I have to admit I like your posts homo. You do stick to your guns and always defend your team with a reasonable argument. The name always make me laugh. I know it wasn't by your doing.

It was a hell of a block but duane did lead with his head. im curious to see if he gets a fine because this stuff happens in the trenches every play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-v2QPQBoOQ

I guess a few of cliches come to mind: "You reap what you sow", "Payback's a bitch", "Live by the sword, die by the sword"

On your question about the fine, I recall that in the same game that Harrison got fined for his hit on MoMass, that he was exonerated for an even more clear helmet to helmet hit on Josh Cribbs because Cribbs was categorized as a "ball carrier", not a "vulnerable receiver". In this regard then, why would a hit to the helmet of a linebacker by a lineman be considered outside the rules. I suspect that happens on nearly every play.

Yeah, because that's the only reason Tom Brady is throwing tons of touchdowns. I guess that's the reason he was doing it 5-10 years before the new rules to?

You really are living in a dream world.

I'm not saying Tom Brady isn't good because obviously he's one of the best in the league. HOWEVER the rule changes favor the offenses and that is undeniable. A lot of points sells a lot of viewership and by neutering defenses Goodell is insuring that occurs. As far as Brady is concerned thought that offense is BUILT on the short to intermediate stuff with the occasional deep throw mixed in and it's why the Steelers struggle with the Patriots. Our defensive backs almost always play with a 10 yard or larger cushion to ensure the big play doesn't get behind the secondary. The idea is obviously to get a bunch of pressure with the lb's and the d-line. As of now that isn't happening and the guys the Steelers are paying the big bucks to rush the passer are dropping more in to coverage than they are hard charging the tackles. I guess you're some sort of authority because you occasionally write for the Bleacher Report. I could write for them tomorrow if I choose too, anyone can. Instead of trying to make a argument out of my comment you could have simply acknowledged the actual point I was making. The point being defenses are now neutered as a result of the rule changes and the league has shifted to the offensive side of the ball. End of story.

AND 1moreseason thanks man. I try to be as objective as possible and I do stick to my guns. If you don't show some back bone you're just going to get steam rolled every time you open your mouth, especially in a hostile environment like this one. Cheers.

Being within walking distance from where Harrison went to HS, I have talked to a few people that know him....casually. They do say he was not the brightest bulb in the pack, but they also say that any "jerkiness...or assholeness" has been only a phenomena that has occurred since he has joined the Steelers. They thought he was quiet and a bit aloof actually. To me, he is more of a system guy than anything. LeBeau gets guys like that to play well.

roids.

Me an authority on anything? No sir-e. I'm an authority on your BS if anything.

I still don't see how James Harrison not being allowed to cheap shot people means the NFL is favoring offenses? How about don't lead with your head and don't hit a defenseless WR after he's already dropped the ball? Defenses can still play aggressive.

It's obvious you're already making excuses for your team's fall off this year. Maybe if the penalties were relaxed in the secondary it'd help your OL keep the defense off Big Ben's nutts?

So the rule changes don't favor the offense this year? I'm not even talking about James Harrison. It's also REALLY early to be talking about a "fall off" isn't it? I'm not saying the Steelers don't look average but starting at 2-2 doesn't mean things can't change down the road. A lot of the "preseason favorites" have fallen off. In addition to this if you've watched any games this year you would have seen several times calls made on the field where the WR HAS the ball but is hit before he can get his head around and the penalty flags start flying. It's now a situation of "you need to let this guy catch the ball, let him take a few steps and then you can hit him and try and jar it loose' Don't be ignorant. You know exactly what I mean.

Well I dont know what drugs Homotard is on,nor do I care. But,James Harrison is "NOT" a "Down to earth guy". You want down to earth ,try someone like Jake Delhomme or Clay Mathews SR. JH is not remotely close to being on Earth,let alone down to it. But I guess thats a typical Stooler Monkey Fan trying to once again,Twist the facts.

Oh please Homo, defenders can still make a play on the ball and make a CLEAN hit to drop a WR without getting a penalty. Sorry your team's entire defense and Dunta Robinson need to learn how to tackle all over again.

I guess you're only watching Browns games this year. I can't count on both hands the number of times I've watched a game where a flag was thrown on a text book tackle because the WR didn't have his head all the way around once he caught the ball. It's happened AT least 15 times and I'm not even talking about Steeler games. I'm actually not talking about Steeler games at all. Put your Steeler hate aside for a change and look at the reality of the situation. The league has been pussified and specific attention has been given to providing a upper hand to the offensives of the NFL.

I guess you're only watching Browns games this year. I can't count on both hands the number of times I've watched a game where a flag was thrown on a text book tackle because the WR didn't have his head all the way around once he caught the ball. It's happened AT least 15 times and I'm not even talking about Steeler games. I'm actually not talking about Steeler games at all. Put your Steeler hate aside for a change and look at the reality of the situation. The league has been pussified and specific attention has been given to providing a upper hand to the offensives of the NFL.

I have seen instances where tacklers have been called for personal fouls for what seem to be text book hits on WRs....where they put their shoulder pad onto the WRs chest or torso. No crown of the helmet shot, no hit to the head, no head to head, no forearm shiver. The refs just said the hit was to a "defenseless receiver". In those instances you are right. I think those calls are BS. A defender should be able to try to dislodge a ball from a WR trying to make a catch. And yes, these haven't been in Steeler games or Browns games.

I have seen instances where tacklers have been called for personal fouls for what seem to be text book hits on WRs....where they put their shoulder pad onto the WRs chest or torso. No crown of the helmet shot, no hit to the head, no head to head, no forearm shiver. The refs just said the hit was to a "defenseless receiver". In those instances you are right. I think those calls are BS. A defender should be able to try to dislodge a ball from a WR trying to make a catch. And yes, these haven't been in Steeler games or Browns games.

My point to the letter. Defenses are now neutered as a result of the rule changes.

Harrison would be a 2nd string nobody for the squeelers, if it weren't for his desire to cheapshot and try to "take out" other players, by breaking rules.

I hope he goes blind in his one hurt eye, and gets pink eye in the other.

Then, on the way out of the doctor's office, I hope he picks a fight with some street gang.

He sucks.

...can't wait for Steeler week in Jan. @@

I never liked Harrison before he started getting his fines and talking a whole lot of Retarded shit...But who i do love is Jack Tatum,Dick Butkus,Ronnie Lott and many others...The NFL is turning this league away from what it once was.

Harrison gets a bad rap from rival fan bases. He's a down to earth, hard working outside linebacker that takes every offensive gain personally. Every team in the league would kill for a guy that carries himself in the same regard. All the guy does is work. End of story.

Uh Huh. :rolleyes: Karma's a bitch!

james-harrison.gif

Uh Huh. :rolleyes: Karma's a bitch!

james-harrison.gif

Dig up the gif. and or video of the play right before that play, where the same cardinals player dives right at Harrison's legs in a malicious manner. It's all about perception. I can make a whole bunch of different videos/plays whatever look a certain way. You're NEVER going to get the entire picture from a picking and choosing certain portions. It's comical and you're comical. His fractured orbital bone will keep him out a few weeks. Big deal. They're bumping Timmons outside and starting Foote and Farrior in the middle. It's not a ideal situation but certainly manageable.

look,it obvious your boy Harrison is dirty. He has a history of it and, your attempt to make a saint out of him is completely laughable. Take your horseshit to a Stooler board and convince your moronic bretheren. because none of us here are buying it jack.

Dig up the gif. and or video of the play right before that play, where the same cardinals player dives right at Harrison's legs in a malicious manner. It's all about perception. I can make a whole bunch of different videos/plays whatever look a certain way. You're NEVER going to get the entire picture from a picking and choosing certain portions. It's comical and you're comical. His fractured orbital bone will keep him out a few weeks. Big deal. They're bumping Timmons outside and starting Foote and Farrior in the middle. It's not a ideal situation but certainly manageable.

Archived