calfoxwc

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6575/greg-little

Greg Little | Wide Receiver

Team: Cleveland Browns

Ht / Wt: 6'3' / 231

Age / DOB: (22) / 5/30/1989

College: North Carolina

Contract: view contract details

[x]7/28/2011: Signed a four-year, $3.32 million contract. The deal included a $920,000 signing bonus.

Share: Share5

Latest NewsRecent NewsBrowns coach Pat Shurmur has promoted Greg Little into the starting lineup at X receiver, and he'll move to the slot in three-wide sets.He'll be a true every-down receiver. Brian Robiskie was the old nominal starter at X, across from Mohamed Massaquoi, before the Browns' bye. After spending the last week trying to kick-start their passing game, the Browns have properly determined that getting Little heavily involved is an answer. Little instantly becomes the receiver to own in Cleveland and an upside play in PPR formats. He racked up six catches on eight targets in Week 4 and has flashed elite playmaking skills after the catch. Oct 10 - 12:35 PMSource: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

I'm lookin to play Little every week now.

I think he has the skills to be a #1 wr. When I saw him working out before the draft

with A. J. Green - they are a lot alike. Little is a good bit in the raw dept, but he is

a playmaker. We'll see... If Little does come on bigtime... that would change the

first round, yes?

I like Little too, I just wish he was faster.

Why the hell didn't we give Sanzenbacher a look? He looks great in a Bears uniform. I said that before the draft, and many said I was just an OSU homer...

A very slight improvement over slowbiskie but little is still just an average at best WR he is absolutely not a beast nor will he ever be as he lacks pro speed..

Its hard to get any YAC after that 3 yard horizontal throw when you have a DB and or even a slow LB draped on you like they are part of your jersey..

Speed kills and the lack of it does as well..

Hey lets pay a crappy player like gocong 17.6m but let a real playmaker like hillis walk at the end of the year or even better trade him for some draft picks to squander..

This regimes shit pile is starting to grow fast, over conservative and just plum dumb but i guess we can expect as much when the owner does not give a rats nipple about how or what this regime does or does not do..

This regime looks as clueless and foolish as the owner himself would if randy was to try to take charge..

But randy cant do anything right when its related to browns football or the fans,i guess its to much for him to demand a winner from any regime he employees..

A very slight improvement over slowbiskie but little is still just an average at best WR he is absolutely not a beast nor will he ever be as he lacks pro speed..

Its hard to get any YAC after that 3 yard horizontal throw when you have a DB and or even a slow LB draped on you like they are part of your jersey..

Speed kills and the lack of it does as well..

Hey lets pay a crappy player like gocong 17.6m but let a real playmaker like hillis walk at the end of the year or even better trade him for some draft picks to squander..

This regimes shit pile is starting to grow fast, over conservative and just plum dumb but i guess we can expect as much when the owner does not give a rats nipple about how or what this regime does or does not do..

This regime looks as clueless and foolish as the owner himself would if randy were to try to take charge..

But we all know randy cant do anything right when its related to browns football or the suffering fans, i guess its to much for him to demand a winner from the current regime he employees..

just give them time gips. everything is fine in brownstown. youre just being negative. ur just an armchair gm. these guys know what theyre doing. theyve never made any mistakes or done anything stupid. whats wrong with you?

:rolleyes:

"Speed is defined on the field. By what a guy does in games."

No, wait, really? So they don't just give the win to whoever has the fastest receivers?

"Little is no different than Robokowsi, they are both slow WRs compared to the top guys."

And how did you come to this conclusion? Little hasn't had enough playing time to make such an evaluation. You must be using the inaccurate stop watch in your evaluation after all. But, as Jerry Rice proved, football speed is different than 40 yard dash time. There's also those pesky things called routes. The quicker and better you are at running those, the better NFL receiver you'll be.

Little is right on track as a rookie. Full time starter at game 5 after a year off. He is producing and will continue. He's got intangibles that coaches like and game skill he's an athlete. You know he played tailback a UNC a bit too.

Robiskie is where he should be. I doubt he'll be released since the Browns are so far under the cap. You never know if he would be needed because of injuries. Still 11 games to go.

I would like to see us draft a WR with one of our 1st round picks, even IF Little is producing. Eventually I'd like to see Little as the 2, MoMass as the 3 and whoever we draft in the first round as the 1.

If we go another direction with the 1st, 1st pick, other than a WR, it better be LB or CB.

When I saw Little do drills right after Green, they looked just alike to me. My "elite" was just a prediction.... GGG

Not better than Robie? That's bogus. Rob has had ALL the ops to show what he can do. He hasn't.

Little did in the last game.

You know, by speed comparison, Little ranks higher than Hines Ward. Ward ran a 4.55 at the combine. Go look it up.

The Browns still need another wr, but given the needs, Broyles is a heck of a fast, excellent playmaker....

Yawn............. meaningless statistic. A human is incapable of stopping a stopwatch at any accuracy level approaching a 10th of a second.

Speed is defined on the field. By what a guy does in games.

The Browns are a slow, dull team. Little is no different than Robokowsi, they are both slow WRs compared to the top guys.

Hey, why not bait a Robokowski/Robiske response? After all, it is the "buy" week. Ooh, ooh, there's another one.

Half the Hall of Fame receivers were "slow" guys. Raymond Berry, Steve Largent, Charlie Joyner, Art Monk. etc. etc. even Jerry Rice. You can be comparatively "slow" and still be outstanding....but you do need to know how to get open. Robo cannot get open. (notice though that a guy like Sanzenbacher....not fast....but he was constantly open last night)

Jeezus, what's wrong with you people?

Little looks like the best athlete on the field when he's out there.

This another big piece to our systematic puzzle.

We've got nine guys starting and looking like long-term players from the last two drafts.

Little, with his long arms and muscular frame reminds me of a Sterling Sharpe type, but Sharpe played at 6'0 207 and Little is 6'2 220.

He's going to be the guy we go to on 3rd and seven.

Michael Irvin was 6'2 and ran a 4.55 forty ... how did that turn out?

Seriously, between calling McCoy "Noodle" and saying Little is a "slight improvement to Robiskie" ... do you guys even give a shit anymore?

The Savage/Crennell thing didn't work. The Mangini thing didn't work. We've moved on. New Coaches, new systems. It sucks real, real bad that we have sputtered so long, but you can't blame any of these guys.

Detroit was lousy for years because they couldn't draft. They finally put 3-4 good drafts together and look at them. We put two together and everyone's crying because our QB has average NFL arm strength and our WRs have average NFL speed ... like every other gawd damn WCO team that went to the Super Bowl.

Zombo

++++1111 Bravo, Well said

Glad to see Little get the start still surprized Robo blew so bad in this league when in college he looked pretty polished ethier way you just never know how a WR will be at the next level...

Little should be able to show us excatly how good he can be im not here saying hes to slow like alot of other people as others pointed out you dont have to be truly fast to be a great WR...

Even if Little breaks out i wouldnt mind picking up Blackmon in the 1st next year they would make a nasty tandem,and if we cant land him even Bryoles in the 2nd would be a nice pickup as well..

Jeezus, what's wrong with you people?

Little looks like the best athlete on the field when he's out there.

This another big piece to our systematic puzzle.

We've got nine guys starting and looking like long-term players from the last two drafts.

Little, with his long arms and muscular frame reminds me of a Sterling Sharpe type, but Sharpe played at 6'0 207 and Little is 6'2 220.

He's going to be the guy we go to on 3rd and seven.

Michael Irvin was 6'2 and ran a 4.55 forty ... how did that turn out?

Seriously, between calling McCoy "Noodle" and saying Little is a "slight improvement to Robiskie" ... do you guys even give a shit anymore?

The Savage/Crennell thing didn't work. The Mangini thing didn't work. We've moved on. New Coaches, new systems. It sucks real, real bad that we have sputtered so long, but you can't blame any of these guys.

Detroit was lousy for years because they couldn't draft. They finally put 3-4 good drafts together and look at them. We put two together and everyone's crying because our QB has average NFL arm strength and our WRs have average NFL speed ... like every other gawd damn WCO team that went to the Super Bowl.

Zombo

i agree little right now looks like our best option as our #1 (or 2 ) receiver.

but you are WAAAAAAAYYY too optimistic when it comes to this new 'regime'. YES heckert is a great talent evaluator and i've been happy with our last 2-3 drafts...........still you are the epitamy of the glass half full when it comes to this season.

i'll do you one better: 'THIS YEAR IN THE AFC NORTH': browns finish last with a record of 5-11 just like last year and all you holmgren blow boys can scream how it was all mangini's fault.

what a farce we are as a NFL organization. hey lerner, sell this team to someone that gives a FXXK amd shit can your ass-licker homgren and his family nut-tugger shurmur on the way out.

Dunno if you of you are listening to his live interview with Rizzo on the really big show right now, but this kid says he believes he has the talent to take care of business and now he has the chance expect him to make plays....

I heard him right, now he has to show me, i want to see what he could do.

Zombo

Just remember, Detroit hit the jackpot... TWICE! They got Calvin Johnson and Suh. Those types of players don't come around every year. They must of had a horseshoe up their ass to get those two.

And if you say two players don't make a team, I laugh in your face. Watch these guys play and see how they impact the game.

Just remember, Detroit hit the jackpot... TWICE! They got Calvin Johnson and Suh. Those types of players don't come around every year. They must of had a horseshoe up their ass to get those two.

And if you say two players don't make a team, I laugh in your face. Watch these guys play and see how they impact the game.

and stafford. plus they probably have one of the most feared defensive fronts in the league.

remember all this is due to matt millen's total shit drafts for like 5 years in a row.

they've been playing with house money for a couple of years now.

i guess going 0-16 and setting a record for losing does pay of in the long run.

Archived