THE BROWNS BOARD

NBC says Mangini is front runner

PlayoffsIN09

Just seen on colts/chargers halftime they reported Mangini is by far the front runner. So, I do not believe Pioli will be hired. Lerner wants Mangini more. Thats fine with me cause the talk about Ferentz scares me. Lerner really gets IT and knows we need a coach with HC experience.

Coaches win more games then GMs.

One thing worries me. Mangini is a very no-nonsense, accountability coach. Is Braylon Edwards or Kellen Winslow going to be able to be content? Mangini likes to keep all the dirty laundry in house. None of this going to the media crap.

How's that gonna work?

It is definately the coach that matters. You could put 22 pro-bowlers on the field but a poor coach with no discipline or motivational skills will get nothing but losses. A good coach will take marginal talent and make a good team.

Guest Masters
It is definately the coach that matters. You could put 22 pro-bowlers on the field but a poor coach with no discipline or motivational skills will get nothing but losses. A good coach will take marginal talent and make a good team.

See the Cowboys!

Guest Ghoolie

You mean THAN? Or do you mean Coaches win more games, then GMs win the next most?

Do you realize then and than are two different words?

But I digress, guess what? HCs and GMs don't win shit, the player win.

The Browns are one of the least talented teams in the NFL. We have MAYBE three players who could start for ANY of the playoff teams. Our QB could not and would not. Nor would our RBs, Tes, WRs, OL, etc. etc. etc.

Guest Masters
You mean THAN? Or do you mean Coaches win more games, then GMs win the next most?

The Browns are one of the least talented teams in the NFL. We have MAYBE three players who could start for ANY of the playoff teams. Our QB could not and would not. Nor would our RBs, Tes, WRs, OL, etc. etc. etc.

Really? You are gonna start calling out grammer and spelling? Dude, just stop. We could play that all day with a mess load of your posts. Or jesus, you could rip Rich all day.

Players win, in the end. They are making the plays. But HC have a huge impact on that. It's why teams w/ loaded talent fall short year after year. It's why some teams with less talent go further.

If it was just the players, the most talented teams would win every year, but they don't. Two of the most talented teams, DAL and NE, aren't even in the playoffs. Only NE would I actually give any excuses to.

As someone once said "players and teams don't win championships, organizations win championships".

I can name far more than 3 players in CLE that would start for other teams (god, this reminds me of being told Robert Griffith would never start anywhere else, then he did). Winslow would start for plenty. Edwards would. Thomas, no question. Steinbach for sure. Rogers, no doubt. Cory Williams, though at his natural position of 4-3 DT. Vickers for plenty. Jackson would also start on plenty of teams. Shit, your boy Heiden would start on plenty.

QUOTE (YtownBrownsBacker @ Jan 3 2009, 08:58 PM)

Ghoolie

Today, 04:24 AM

The GM puts the players on the field who then wins the game. The HC Modivates the players and manages the game (and time). So they both have a HUGE impact on the team and how they perform.

One thing worries me. Mangini is a very no-nonsense, accountability coach. Is Braylon Edwards or Kellen Winslow going to be able to be content? Mangini likes to keep all the dirty laundry in house. None of this going to the media crap.

How's that gonna work?

Maybe those guys will stand up and pay attention and start earning their money. I would think their will be an example made of someone real quick.

Also, hopefully they will get as much pressure from their own teammates to get on the right page.

No more country club training camps. What I like about Mangini is you come ready to play or you sit. And he treats everyone the same. With all the veterans in NE he didn't have any problems. Some veterans complained like hell when he first came to the Jets but shut up when they went to the playoffs.

Also, he learned and sat with some veterans and took their advice. He refined his camp this last year and the manner in which he scolded players. So, it sounds like he grew as a HC over the 3 years maybe like Belichick grew after he left here.

Maybe those guys will stand up and pay attention and start earning their money. I would think their will be an example made of someone real quick.

Also, hopefully they will get as much pressure from their own teammates to get on the right page.

No more country club training camps. What I like about Mangini is you come ready to play or you sit. And he treats everyone the same. With all the veterans in NE he didn't have any problems. Some veterans complained like hell when he first came to the Jets but shut up when they went to the playoffs.

Also, he learned and sat with some veterans and took their advice. He refined his camp this last year and the manner in which he scolded players. So, it sounds like he grew as a HC over the 3 years maybe like Belichick grew after he left here.

Exactly. +1

Archived