THE BROWNS BOARD

Marcus Bernard Done For The Year

ITHIKA

English a better option than Bernard in the 4-3?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. English a better option than Bernard in the 4-3?

• Yes, good riddance to Bernard. English will be a pass rush beast
    • No, Bernard was the Browns sack leader last season and English is practice squad fodder

Motorcycle crash ends Marcus Benard’s season

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/12/motorcycle-crash-ends-marcus-benards-season/

Marcus Bernards hand injury is serious enough that he's been placed on IR. Bernard had a very good season last year, however he hasn't done much this season in the new 4-3 as a back up. With Bernard going on IR an opportunity arises for Austin English a great DE in college for Oklahoma and a guy i'm sure McCoy is glad is on his team and not sacking him in the backfield like he once did so many times in college.

This may be a blessing in disguise folks, English played well in the preseason and a player i felt should have made the team. Lets see how well he plays now that he's getting a shot.

Austin English College Highlights

Motorcycle crash ends Marcus Benard’s season

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/12/motorcycle-crash-ends-marcus-benards-season/

Marcus Bernards hand injury is serious enough that he's been placed on IR. Bernard had a very good season last year, however he hasn't done much this season in the new 4-3 as a back up. With Bernard going on IR an opportunity arises for Austin English a great DE in college for Oklahoma and a guy i'm sure McCoy is glad is on his team and not sacking him in the backfield like he once did so many times in college.

This may be a blessing in disguise folks, English played well in the preseason and a player i felt should have made the team. Lets see how well he plays now that he's getting a shot.

Bernard is miraculously lucky he wasn't killed. I don't care what you're wearing- you hit the pavement @ 70 mph there's going to be some major road rash involved. Skidding 200+ feet on cement isn't my idea of being good for your health.

Archived