THE BROWNS BOARD

Should Hardesty Get More Carries Than Peyton ?

BrownIndian

I'm not dissing Peyton's athletic abilities but Iam very disappointed in the admissions recently regarding him consulting his agent instead of the team doctor when deciding to play or not. Also I feel that that we need to find out what Hardesty can do. I dont think he can be a bruiser back the way Peyton is but I feel he has more speed than Peyton. Also, us trying to give more carries to Hardesty might send a message to Peytons agent - Dont screw with the team !

For these reasons I feel for the next few games we need to give Hardesty more carries then Peyton. What do you guys think ?

I'm not dissing Peyton's athletic abilities but Iam very disappointed in the admissions recently regarding him consulting his agent instead of the team doctor when deciding to play or not. Also I feel that that we need to find out what Hardesty can do. I dont think he can be a bruiser back the way Peyton is but I feel he has more speed than Peyton. Also, us trying to give more carries to Hardesty might send a message to Peytons agent - Dont screw with the team !

For these reasons I feel for the next few games we need to give Hardesty more carries then Peyton. What do you guys think ?

Do you want to win games, or evaluate Hardesty? You can't write the book on Hardesty after one game- but lets just say his pass catching ability appears to be inferior to Hillis.

And here's a thought- with Montario's injury history- you get him seriously hurt again, you've just given Hillis all the leverage in the world, unless you want to use a high pick next year on a RB, which IMHO the Browns can't afford to do.

Simple, NO. xxxxing fans are blowing this thing with Hillis way out of the water and that is why it is as much of a problem as it is now. Guess what smart guy, the doctors advised against him playing, that didn't straight out say no, but they told him it would be a good idea, the same thing his agent told him. I guarantee you that if the doctors knew that Mack had an appendix problem instead of just thinking he had the flu, that they would have kept him from playing. The fact of the matter is that Hillis had a serious illness that caused him to lose 10 pounds and he just couldn't play, the same kind of illness that any person on this board would take off work for a whole we sidelined Hillis from playing one day, cause in case anymore forgot he was still in the building the whole week studying film and he practiced the Friday before the game.

NO, the Browns do need to run the football about 40-45 times a game typically. Hillis should get about 25 of those carries and Hardesty about 15 with the other 5 scrambles by the QB or reverses.

No way should they be throwing 60 times a game like this last game. Half that number should be about right.

We have to get the ball into hillis, watson, cribbs and moores hands if we are going to win or even look competitive from here on out..

If hardesty, armond smith, mitchell or others start emerging naturally in the course of package changes/injuries/breathers etc. great but none of these guys have yet earned the right to replace or start over anyone with the exception of little over slowbiskie..

If shurmur hasnt figured it out by now we need to seek a new coach and if heckert is playing coach from upstairs he needs to be fired, its time to play friggin football instead of constantly evaluating the new guys when we have known playmakers that are never or rarely packaged together on the field..

the same kind of illness that any person on this board would take off work for a whole we sidelined Hillis from playing one day

wrong.

don't dislike hillis and think he was our best offensive player last year and could be again this year...

BUT don't give me that crap that everyone on this would take time off from work cuz they had strept throat. i guess you haven't worked two jobs for shit pay.... one in which includes shoveling fish guts off the streets at 5:30 in the morning. OR you haven't been awakened at 3:00 in the morning by the banging of a boot on your door by a drill sergeant telling you to suit up for 6 months in the field and be out the door in ten minutes.

and the sad thing about it is a lot of americans nowadays would fight each other tooth and nail for a shit job like that to support their families.

anyone making more money than doctors, teachers, police men, fire fighters and soldiers and bitch about not getting enough money for carrying a ball for 4 months out of the year can suck my dick.

wrong.

don't dislike hillis and think he was our best offensive player last year and could be again this year...

BUT don't give me that crap that everyone on this would take time off from work cuz they had strept throat. i guess you haven't worked two jobs for shit pay.... one in which includes shoveling fish guts off the streets at 5:30 in the morning. OR you haven't been awakened at 3:00 in the morning by the banging of a boot on your door by a drill sergeant telling you to suit up for 6 months in the field and be out the door in ten minutes.

and the sad thing about it is a lot of americans nowadays would fight each other tooth and nail for a shit job like that to support their families.

anyone making more money than doctors, teachers, police men, fire fighters and soldiers and bitch about not getting enough money for carrying a ball for 4 months out of the year can suck my dick.

Well said sir.

I'll just say what I always say, which is we are all untalented human beings who did not have the luck to be gifted with any kind of talent that our would deems to be worth millions of dollars. Hell I'm lucky I'm smart enough to go to school so I can become a teacher. But unless you are in a situation where you have the opportunity to actually negotiate for more money, more money for you and your family, then you don't know shit. You and many older people on this board have worked hard for a long time and have worked hard demanding jobs, that I am sure of, but the talking like "if I was playing football" is bullshit, because the fact of the matter is none of us have made it past college at best in this sport and none of us know. When I start working in the schools, with kids with mental disabilities, I am going to work hard, and during the summer I'm going to work factory if I'm lucky enough, and the last thing I am going to do is bitch about not getting paid enough, or not getting enough sick days, because I know that in this economy I would be lucky to have a job. But I also know that if I had the god given talent to play ball in the NFL, I would get as much money as I could to not only to set me up financially, but my kids, my wife, and my parents and if that means a few 40 somethings on a forum called me a pussy or a money grubber, then that is fine because my future and current family is worth it.

Oh and a second point, remember Hillis played the last two games last year with broken ribs, so sorry if I feel like if he sits out, he has a good reason to be doing so.

I'll just say what I always say, which is we are all untalented human beings who did not have the luck to be gifted with any kind of talent that our would deems to be worth millions of dollars. Hell I'm lucky I'm smart enough to go to school so I can become a teacher. But unless you are in a situation where you have the opportunity to actually negotiate for more money, more money for you and your family, then you don't know shit. You and many older people on this board have worked hard for a long time and have worked hard demanding jobs, that I am sure of, but the talking like "if I was playing football" is bullshit, because the fact of the matter is none of us have made it past college at best in this sport and none of us know. When I start working in the schools, with kids with mental disabilities, I am going to work hard, and during the summer I'm going to work factory if I'm lucky enough, and the last thing I am going to do is bitch about not getting paid enough, or not getting enough sick days, because I know that in this economy I would be lucky to have a job. But I also know that if I had the god given talent to play ball in the NFL, I would get as much money as I could to not only to set me up financially, but my kids, my wife, and my parents and if that means a few 40 somethings on a forum called me a pussy or a money grubber, then that is fine because my future and current family is worth it.

Oh and a second point, remember Hillis played the last two games last year with broken ribs, so sorry if I feel like if he sits out, he has a good reason to be doing so.

Well said sir.

wrong.

I'm not saying I'm against your ideology or way of thought; But it is business and that is how it works. That is the nature of the beast.

Archived