THE BROWNS BOARD

Pat Shurmur Must Go.

The Cysko Kid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look, i'm not one of those "off with his head" type of people when it comes to coaches. But frankly, what I saw from the play calling on both sides of the ball was simply garbage. I mean seriously guys, how can you blame mccoy when he's on his ass 80% of the game and no one is running a route more than 5 yards. This garbage offensive play calling is not WCO, at all. Greg Little and MoMass looked damn good today when they had the opportunity. But Shurmer absolutely refused to changed the 3 yard stick routes that everyone was running and slide protection against the blitz. The biggest thing i saw was just a look of sheer starry eyes on his faces whenever they panned over to him. He just looked lost and I hate that look on a coaches face, fickell has that same damn expression.

As for the defense, Jauron's blitzes were more obvious to see than the great wall of frikin china. I mean good lord, when you literally completely show the QB the blitz you're about the run idc if it's campbell, boller or ryan leaf they're going to tear you apart. On top of that, he absolutely refused to press up on the WR's. They absolutely torched us all day on short, slant type routes that were literally wide open because we were playing 10 damn yards off the ball.

Bottom line, I'm not calling for heads to roll but if they don't completely 360 what they're doing I will. I'm telling you guys, these losses are falling more on the coaches than anyone else, especially this week.

Look, i'm not one of those "off with his head" type of people when it comes to coaches. But frankly, what I saw from the play calling on both sides of the ball was simply garbage. I mean seriously guys, how can you blame mccoy when he's on his ass 80% of the game and no one is running a route more than 5 yards. This garbage offensive play calling is not WCO, at all. Greg Little and MoMass looked damn good today when they had the opportunity. But Shurmer absolutely refused to changed the 3 yard stick routes that everyone was running and slide protection against the blitz. The biggest thing i saw was just a look of sheer starry eyes on his faces whenever they panned over to him. He just looked lost and I hate that look on a coaches face, fickell has that same damn expression.

As for the defense, Jauron's blitzes were more obvious to see than the great wall of frikin china. I mean good lord, when you literally completely show the QB the blitz you're about the run idc if it's campbell, boller or ryan leaf they're going to tear you apart. On top of that, he absolutely refused to press up on the WR's. They absolutely torched us all day on short, slant type routes that were literally wide open because we were playing 10 damn yards off the ball.

Bottom line, I'm not calling for heads to roll but if they don't completely 360 what they're doing I will. I'm telling you guys, these losses are falling more on the coaches than anyone else, especially this week.

Exactly. This team sucks ass top to bottom. I feel bad for Cribbs. He's been with this team so long and has done his part and his reward is nothing.

Exactly. This team sucks ass top to bottom. I feel bad for Cribbs. He's been with this team so long and has done his part and his reward is nothing.

well see I disagree with you somewhat though man. I think McCoy does have the tools to succeed, but I mean this seriously when I say that Tom Brady wouldn't be doing anything with this play-calling. I mean you can look at his numbers and say "wow he sucks", but what the hell do you want the guy to do when everyone is crowding the box and yet the play call is directly into that 10 man front? i mean 4 guys going into 10 guys is going to screw over even the best of QB's, it's simply not possible to succeed. Like I said, Little looked really good today when he actually had a chance and so did MoMass.

well see I disagree with you somewhat though man. I think McCoy does have the tools to succeed, but I mean this seriously when I say that Tom Brady wouldn't be doing anything with this play-calling. I mean you can look at his numbers and say "wow he sucks", but what the hell do you want the guy to do when everyone is crowding the box and yet the play call is directly into that 10 man front? i mean 4 guys going into 10 guys is going to screw over even the best of QB's, it's simply not possible to succeed. Like I said, Little looked really good today when he actually had a chance and so did MoMass.

You're right, we do have some promising players. But we have so many holes it overshadows the good, what little (pun intended for Greg Little) there is.

Sorry I had to point out my lame attempt at a joke.

You're right, we do have some promising players. But we have so many holes it overshadows the good, what little (pun intended for Greg Little) there is.

Sorry I had to point out my lame attempt at a joke.

Every team has holes - good ones - bad ones - average ones. We are not without our share of holes but so did the Raiders. The Raiders capitalised on us starting PAtterson instead of Haden. Did we capitalise on them having to bring Boller into the game ? The guy was like Vince Young 2.0

Archived