THE BROWNS BOARD

A Couple Of Observations

The Gipper

Here are some observations:

1. Is it me, or does it seem that Colt McCoy thrives much better in the no huddle offense? Against Miami they could hardly move the ball all game until that last minute...winning...no huddle drive. Yesterday it was a struggle, but toward the end they drove down for a TD using the no huddle. (It didn't work on the final drive, but it has worked well).

I don't know if they are performing better in the no huddle because they are picking up a pace or a rythm when they go into it, or because the defenses are playing back, or because McCoy is calling the plays at the line of scrimmage and ignoring what his OC/HC is feeding him or what.

The Browns have been such slow starters, perhaps they should start the game or the beginning of the second half in the no huddle.

2. The Browns play the Seahawks at home this week. In my view, there is no team worse in the NFL than the Seahawks. If the Browns win....and bring their record to 3-3, is it fair to say that they would likely be right on pace for where many thought they would be?

3. Who is the Browns special teams coach... and give us any reasons why he should continue in his job for the rest of the season? As bad as the offense performed, This game was lost on special teams, pure and simple.

This team cannot even compete for a wild card spot, and with that statement we dont need to win anymore games this year so that we can have a better spot in the draft. We should know in 6 weeks if McCoy can cut the mustard as a starting quarterback and if he cant then we need to be in position to pick up Luck in the draft.

I'm wondering if we could draft a head coach?

Anybody who really wants to lose games just to get a higher draft pick is just a bullshit fan. And what every Retard that is jacking off to the thought of having Luck on the browns doesnt realize is that by winning 2 games we're already out of the luck sweepstakes. There are NINE teams with worse records than the browns at the moment 2 of which being the winless colts and dolphins who we hold tie-breakers against. There is a 0% chance we get Luck in the draft, get the xxxx over it

Dont tell me teams dont do this. just watch Indy the rest of the year. And dont tell me im a bullshit fan when i have bled orange and brown for over 40 years. I'm not rooting that we lose that is a given so we should be in the top ten and be able to get a quality QB. Believe what you have seen during the games and take the Brady Queen glasses off.

I think you missed my main point...We're already out of the Luck sweepstakes, theres no way all the teams worse than us (Jacksonville, Indy, STL, Miami, Minnesota, Denver) end up with better records than us. Luck is just about the most sure No1 pick in recent memory and all indications are that whoever has the 1st pick will take him. We will not have the 1st pick so why even bother thinking about it. Just take a sick WR with our top 10 pick (Jeffery or Blackmon hopefully)

And for the record i believe the brady quinn pick was the worst pick of the past 5 years. Not only did he turn out to be terrible but we also had to trade up to get him. He lost every big game at ND and i was not surprised when he lost in the NFL

The Browns will not be able it get Luck, that sucks..LOL

There is other QBs we can tae with our second pick in the first who I think are just as good as luck, but they do not get the hype

Robert Griffin, QB, Baylor- He might be better than Luck

Landry "Lance" Jones, QB, Oklahoma

Matt Barkley, QB, USC - Not a big fan of Barkley, but hes good..Never had the talent other USC QBs had in the past

If someone can help me out and show me how to put youtube videos on here, I can show you these players. I do research as a part time job on Collage players, so I now alot about them..If the Browns picked who I thought over the past couple yrs we would not be in this problem we are having

I dont know how Griffin is a flash in the pan hes a JR

Stats-Griffin

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2011 142 182 1950 78.0 10.71 77 22 2 15 205.7

2010 304 454 3501 67.0 7.71 94 22 8 20 144.2

2009 45 69 481 65.2 6.97 42 4 0 4 142.9

2008 160 267 2091 59.9 7.83 61 15 3 28 142.0

Stats-Luck

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2011 129 181 1719 71.3 9.50 62 18 3 2 180.5

2010 263 372 3338 70.7 8.97 81 32 8 6 170.2

2009 162 288 2575 56.3 8.94 63 13 4 6 143.5

No way do I think Griffin is better than Luck, but again do not think flash in the pan

I think you missed my main point...We're already out of the Luck sweepstakes, theres no way all the teams worse than us (Jacksonville, Indy, STL, Miami, Minnesota, Denver) end up with better records than us. Luck is just about the most sure No1 pick in recent memory and all indications are that whoever has the 1st pick will take him. We will not have the 1st pick so why even bother thinking about it. Just take a sick WR with our top 10 pick (Jeffery or Blackmon hopefully)

And for the record i believe the brady quinn pick was the worst pick of the past 5 years. Not only did he turn out to be terrible but we also had to trade up to get him. He lost every big game at ND and i was not surprised when he lost in the NFL

Correct, my friend. The Browns are already out of the Luck derby. It will take the #1 overall pick, and even if you want to believe the Browns will lose out (I sure as hell don't see that happening) 2-14 might not be bad enough to secure the pick. IMHO, the only teams in the hunt that could wind up with the #1 who would even think about trading it would be the Panthers and Rams- and then it's going to take BOTH the Browns first rounders, plus another first rounder next year.

The Quinn pick was monumentally bad (I was on record against it), not only because Quinn busted, but the 2008 pick we gave Dallas could have been Rashard Mendenhall or Chris Johnson. :(

Here are some observations:

1. Is it me, or does it seem that Colt McCoy thrives much better in the no huddle offense? Against Miami they could hardly move the ball all game until that last minute...winning...no huddle drive. Yesterday it was a struggle, but toward the end they drove down for a TD using the no huddle. (It didn't work on the final drive, but it has worked well).

I don't know if they are performing better in the no huddle because they are picking up a pace or a rythm when they go into it, or because the defenses are playing back, or because McCoy is calling the plays at the line of scrimmage and ignoring what his OC/HC is feeding him or what.

The Browns have been such slow starters, perhaps they should start the game or the beginning of the second half in the no huddle.

2. The Browns play the Seahawks at home this week. In my view, there is no team worse in the NFL than the Seahawks. If the Browns win....and bring their record to 3-3, is it fair to say that they would likely be right on pace for where many thought they would be?

3. Who is the Browns special teams coach... and give us any reasons why he should continue in his job for the rest of the season? As bad as the offense performed, This game was lost on special teams, pure and simple.

Wow. That got out of hand quickly. I feel bad no one respond to the first reasonable comments all day on here.

1. I need to run the numbers, but McCoy is far better in "no huddle, shotgun" situations. I have felt they need to lead off with this instead of waiting until late in the game since right after MoMass caught that throw to beat the Dolphins. Push the pace and get into some rhythm early. I believe it has a lot to do with McCoy comfort with the plays that are called in those situations. It's very similar to what he ran at Texas.

2. While their record will indicate they are on track for 8-8, the perception is they haven't been improving week to week. I can't disagree; the Browns have only beaten win-less teams and seem to be playing poorly against the mid-level teams. The Seahawks are 2-3, having beaten the Giants and the Cardnials. I don't think it'll be a walk in the park.

3. Chris Tabor. I agree completely that this loss is on the ST, but he will not lose his job. I think the KO return was more on the players than the coach. He has a lot less to work with then we've seen in previous years. That's an under appreciated disadvantage to the 4-3 defense, ST personel is affected. They won't be fooled again on a fake FG/punt. That's coaching... But one mistake won't cost him his job, just as Juron wasn't fired after week 1.

Archived