THE BROWNS BOARD

Hillis Going To Dallas For 2Nd Round Pick, Rb And Wr?

Soju

no emotion attached, it's not a bad deal, but I'd much rather just keep Hillis, and since Shurmur's offense is terrible, bring in an offensive coordinator to utilize Hillis correctly and to get the WRs to stop running 5 yard routes, since it's clearly ineffective.

Any good RB is wasted in Shurmur's system.

If they really think Hillis isn't going to resign, then make this deal. I think Choice is a good back and I am curious as to which WR we would get. Having said this, I don't give this report any credibility. If this trade was being talked about, we would see it on the PD or ESPN.

Coach Shurmur told the media today that Hillis is not, in fact, on the trading block, though the media seems to think otherwise. Reports are swirling that the Dallas Cowboys are interested in Hillis now that Felix Jones has been sidelined with an ankle injury. If the reports are true, the Browns would send Hillis to Dallas for a 2nd Rd. pick, a wide receiver, and a running back (rumored to be Tashard Choice).

Ah, we'll find out soon enough if Shurmur is a liar or not, won't we? Not a bad deal if you can get it, but Hardropsy (don't remember who started that one, but it fits) is a piss poor option in the WCO. Terrible hands receiving, backs in the WCO HAVE to be able to catch the ball. And the guy is slightly shiftier than Hillis, but he's no breakaway threat.

How come the Browns screw up a good thing when they have it??? This organization is so fu'ed up right now no one know what they are doing! They are more and more looking like the Cleveland Indians!!

Shumur is a joke!!

OL is a joke!!

And McCoy is a joke!!

http://www.brownsgab.com/2011/10/18/browns-to-sign-chris-ogbonnaya-according-to-agent/

Not too much stock in this one, but what do you think of this if it did go down?

I sincerely doubt this trade goes down. They drafted Demarco Murray in the second round and despite his numbers he's looked good with the carries he's been given. They aren't going to send a 2nd round pick, a WR AND Choice to the Browns for just Hillis.

If the Browns feel like he can't be used in the WCO, or has an inkling or any feeling he would not resign here, I would trade him for a 2nd and 3rd round pick, i don't want whoever the rb and wr from the cowboys is being offered, i will never have a lebron mentality in Cleveland again, Yes i like Hillis a shit load i am a fan of his, but you have to look at all the angles, if he seriously does want to resign and be used here i want him here anything else would lead me to putting everything on the table this week with regards to him.

I sincerely doubt this trade goes down. They drafted Demarco Murray in the second round and despite his numbers he's looked good with the carries he's been given. They aren't going to send a 2nd round pick, a WR AND Choice to the Browns for just Hillis.

For once We agree. However,crazier things have happened.

I've been saying this for awhile now... Hillis said last season that he has always seen himself as a legitimate NFL Halfback. Mangini embraced this philosophy and was a determining factor in letting it play out. We ALL saw the results of last season. I knew that letting go of Vickers was gonna be a critical blow to the success of Peyton Hillis, when you get Hillis going with a head of steam and have an excellent run blocker like Vickers leading the way it's hard not to get 4-5 yards per carry. All the FO had to do was to give the offense a legitimate line and a WR to work with.

Well, we scraped that plan in favor of putting Hillis essentially in Vickers spot and using Montario in the HB position. Hillis WILL be a starting caliber Running Back for some team in 2012, it's yet to be seen if the Browns FO wants to pull the trigger. I just hope the FO still has the vision that Hillimania has and the Coaching staff can get Marecic up to speed on his lead blocking ability...

Well it appears Hillis will remain a Browns at least for the rest of THIS season. Let's hope Shurmur finds a way to get him the rock and Hillis finds a way to stay healthy.

Here's a link to the article...

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/10/cleveland_browns_could_be_pers.html

This regime is both to slow and to stupid to pull the trigger on a good trade or sign him, hillis will most likely walk a free agent next year..

Who says that trade was on the table anyway? It was just all rumor BS. Jones said Choice wasn't gonna be traded anyway with the injuries they have had at RB. Since we didn't trade him I expect us to resign him or franchise tag him so others can't steal him..

Archived