THE BROWNS BOARD

Positives And Negatives Week 7

Represent

Posistives

We're 3-3 playing 500 ball

Defense looked stout but not saying much against a team that looked worse then any of our previous offensive performances.

So-So's

None really other than Hardesty touched the ball a shit load, so i expected his numbers to look better, but he did what we asked him to do and eat up that clock.

Negatives

Our offense looks terrible, i can't believe we are 3-3 our defense deserves a god damned gold medal.

Hillis out again, personally defend him every week but i am getting iffy.

Biggest offenders last few weeks, our special teams looks terrible period all aspects are playing like they are a JV Squad in BFE, seriously looks dead last in the NFL.

Positives:

We won

Played D very well

The new RB looks quick

Negatives:

Looked pathetic on offense

Looked pathetic on special teams

Coaching adjustments were non existent

Positive for today: I am not a Seahawk fan.

Amen, but their D line looked great.

Unless it's our O-line, they haven't looked too good all year.

I don't get the blocked FGs either. We have never looked so crappy on special teams as we have in 2011.

I will take 3-3....on to San Fran...

Posistives

We're 3-3 playing 500 ball

Defense looked stout but not saying much against a team that looked worse then any of our previous offensive performances.

So-So's

None really other than Hardesty touched the ball a shit load, so i expected his numbers to look better, but he did what we asked him to do and eat up that clock.

Negatives

Our offense looks terrible, i can't believe we are 3-3 our defense deserves a god damned gold medal.

Hillis out again, personally defend him every week but i am getting iffy.

Biggest offenders last few weeks, our special teams looks terrible period all aspects are playing like they are a JV Squad in BFE, seriously looks dead last in the NFL.

/agree and the new running back looks like a good addition..

With 40 minutes of possession time things got a little closer to clicking offensively today than the score indicates, its only a matter of time..

Defense played lights out. Don't think it would have made much difference in outcome had Sea played starting QB and RB. Browns should move up in total defense rankings

from their current number 7 spot.

Browns were missing 4 starters on offense and got pretty decent performance from back ups. Colt managed game. Played witnin his capabilities keeping f ups to a minimum.

Thought play calling improved this week although vertical game still pretty lame. Passing game needs a shot in the arm quick with top 3 ranked NFL defensive teams looming in our division.

Browns played tough the entire game. Not pretty by any stretch but the team did show some improvements.

A win is a win.

Being that I am at work I was only able to catch highlights from the NFL Redzone channel and with no touchdowns scored there weren't many.

From what I did see and from what I followed at nfl.com this is my interpretation of the game;

Positives-

-We won, at .500 which is good going into SF.

-Defense played good when Seattle was in the redzone, played good overall. D-line is coming together.

Neither good nor bad-

-Hardesty rushed a lot but still averaged under 3 ypc.

Negatives-

-Offense didn't generate anything.

-Special teams let two FGs get blocked.

When is the last time a back got over 30 carries without a 100 yards or a td? Not to mention he only rushed for 2 first downs. I don't see how that can't be a negative. I would have rather seen the other guy in, he has better hands, wonder how he would have looked running, he had 1 first down rushing with 3 carries and looked great receiving, he is one of the few positives from the game.

Good defensive rush defense was a good reason, but I also thought hardesty missed at least 4-5 wide opens lanes to run throughout the game. Good blue-collar game and i think he can get a lot better, but his vision needs to get stronger.

3-3 is just fine with me though. We absolutely have to take more chances down the field to have a chance to win though, by my count there were 2. One incomplete and one INT. Both were brutal to watch but i'd still rather see that than nothing.

i would say the cowboys there. we've beaten nobodies, barely. they've lost some nailbiters against...dare i say...good teams.

meaning, record notwithstanding, they actually look like a football team. no one is looing at our 3-3 record and thinking we are a contender.

yeah and the steelers still have a shot because of their talent.

we have no shot. none. unless of course somebody nukes baltimore and pittsburgh. but then wed still have to deal with cincy who at this point in the season look like super bowl contenders compared to us.

positives: D line

negatives: everything else

we are terrible.

Positives:

D-line

Joe Haden

TJ Ward - sans 1 blown coverage play

Greg Little - When he gets the ball

Hardesty held up for 33 carries

So-so's:

Linebackers - our D is great despite these guys, but they don't make mistakes

Colt McCoy - this is a good so-so b/c he only made 2-3 mistakes, but also made 2-3 great plays with his legs. He played well for the lack of time in the pocket he had all game

Negatives:

OFFENSIVE LINE is terrible - these guys need to step it up immediately, or Colt is dead

SPECIAL TEAMS - WTF??

Wide Recievers - escept Greg Little, but especially Josh Cribbs - downright bad game for him

It's hard for me to say this, but it seems that our offense is slowly getting better. I'd like to see Hillis get back in there and get a chance to run it 25-30 times. Maybe he could loosen up the D and give Colt a little time to throw

Positives:

D-line

Joe Haden

TJ Ward - sans 1 blown coverage play

Greg Little - When he gets the ball

Hardesty held up for 33 carries

So-so's:

Linebackers - our D is great despite these guys, but they don't make mistakes

Colt McCoy - this is a good so-so b/c he only made 2-3 mistakes, but also made 2-3 great plays with his legs. He played well for the lack of time in the pocket he had all game

Negatives:

OFFENSIVE LINE is terrible - these guys need to step it up immediately, or Colt is dead

SPECIAL TEAMS - WTF??

Wide Recievers - escept Greg Little, but especially Josh Cribbs - downright bad game for him

It's hard for me to say this, but it seems that our offense is slowly getting better. I'd like to see Hillis get back in there and get a chance to run it 25-30 times. Maybe he could loosen up the D and give Colt a little time to throw

agreed mik...

positive: young D dominating a bad offense, which they should do

little startng to come thru

negatives: everything and everyone else

headscratcher: shurmur finally deciding to run the ball against one of the better run defenses

Postives

We won

Defense

Hardesty Say what you will, they knew we running and we still grind out 95yrs

WE beat a team that has won a game!!!

Neg

Colt Mccoy been saying it for a while

O-line cant really put them on here, they were banged up...I will give them a pass

Listen the fact that we won I will give Colt a pass, problem we are facing S.F next week. Again if COlt plays like we did,we will get crushed.

Defense will have hands full with Gore and Davis

I have to say the posters here come up with some of the funniest shit when it comes to plays on peoples names. Massivequeef? Hilarious.

We need to give the other recievers on the rostrer a shot. We should never see Robiskie on the field again and Mohommad Massivequeef needs to be replaced. Also 5 yard routes in the middle are getting old and never seem to work.

New defensive rankings in the NFL. 1, Cincy. 2, Pitt. 3, Balt. 4. Cleveland. Ya were all playing the NFC West, but who cares we haven't been ranked this high in god knows how long and it's just cool to see the whole conference in the top 4.

I posted the browns would be a top 10 Defense and a majority of the votes were haters, browns will be fine and we will be fighting for a playoff spot in December mark it down.

Archived