THE BROWNS BOARD

What I Would Like To See

WRREBEL

We arent going to make the play offs this year, thats a fact.

What I would like to see is us get an offense identity. Right now we have none. We kind of look like a similar offense the first year mangini took over. Which isnt that shocking since we havent added any play makers.

I would like to see Colt Mccoy get into some rythm. He looks like he has taken a step back. Is it me or did last year it seem like our tight ends were running un covered last year in the middle of the field..

Our offensive line gell into something that is respectable.

special teams- was once our strong point now a weekness. Hopefully we can get average..

Are offense with the talent we have wont be good, but i dont think it has to be putrid either. We dont have the players to run the west coast offense. I would like to see more two tight end sets. Right now opposing teams are playing everyone at the line of scrimage cause we have no one who can stretch the field. Teams can blitz at will and know they wont get burned. Spreading teams out actually plays against us.

Our defense has been a suprise. Grant it we havent played solid offensive teams, but they still have looked solid. We are still missing solid play making LB and depth every where.

What I would like to see is us get an offense identity. Right now we have none. We kind of look like a similar offense the first year mangini took over. Which isnt that shocking since we havent added any play makers.

I would like to see Colt Mccoy get into some rythm. He looks like he has taken a step back. Is it me or did last year it seem like our tight ends were running un covered last year in the middle of the field..

special teams- was once our strong point now a weekness. Hopefully we can get average..

Are offense with the talent we have wont be good, but i dont think it has to be putrid either. We dont have the players to run the west coast offense. I would like to see more two tight end sets. Right now opposing teams are playing everyone at the line of scrimage cause we have no one who can stretch the field. Teams can blitz at will and know they wont get burned. Spreading teams out actually plays against us.

Our defense has been a suprise. Grant it we havent played solid offensive teams, but they still have looked solid. We are still missing solid play making LB and depth every where.

It is possible that for now, our defense will be our identity. Kinda like the rats and a few other teams.

We likely do have an inside offensive identity by the defensive players that play us..

The pony express!

Who is next to ride and tame the corralled colt!

Seriously our defense is our identity with its improving status and "bend but dont break" rubberband technology..

Our offense is putrid and close to non-existant it is currently best known for its most repeated and even guaranteed function the amazing "3peat" 3 plays and punt, rinse and repeat..

Hey WRREBEL, good take, sometimes I actually agree with you.

As the others have said for this year, the Defense is going to have to be our identity. Taylor and Sheard look like good picks, and Joe Haden is having a monster year to date- it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get serious Pro Bowl consideration.

Yeah, the offense is a mess without Hillis, and the o-line has stunk big time. So it's hard to say if Colt's regression this year is due to teams having figured him out, or he just doesn't have time to get comfortable to make his reads. I think you're underestimating our wrs too. Little shows some big promise, and Massaquoi IMHO is a 1\2 decent #2 assuming he can stay healthy, which to date he hasn't. Cribbs is OK as a slot guy. I do agree that Robiski won't be on the team next year, and we most likely will use one of our first round picks next year on a wr- assuming Colt doesn't totally suck the rest of the season, forcing H&H to use one of those picks on a qb. The other first rounder should be used on an impact LB, as Fujita is nearing the end of the line.

And don't get me started on the UNspecial teams, which have sucked swampwater so far this year. KO return for TD, another one that would have been save for a shoestring tackle, a couple blocked FGs, a punt return TD (saved by some hometown reffing), and lousy punting by or replacement guy. That's at least 28 points we we screwed out of, and the Browns offense just isn't good enough at this point to make up for those kinds of mistakes.

We likely do have an inside offensive identity by the defensive players that play us..

The pony express!

Who is next to ride and tame the corralled colt!

Seriously our defense is our identity with its improving status and "bend but dont break" rubberband technology..

Our offense is putrid and close to non-existant it is currently best known for its most repeated and even guaranteed function the amazing "3peat" 3 plays and punt, rinse and repeat..

Our offense today is no better than our offense in 1999.

I completely agree that we have no identity. I also agree we need to bring back the 2 tight end sets. Teams are putting 8 guys in the box regardless of how we line up. We might as well increase the blocking. That will help out the run game, because averaging just over 3 yards per carry isn't gonna cut it, also give colt some time to set his feet so he can throw accurate balls. Also, that way he might actually survive the season. But i still think the most important thing is that we send our receivers on routes deeper than 10 yards. Every team has their safeties only 12 yards deep because they know we aren't gonna throw the ball any farther. Finally, we need to keep the backs in the backfield on more pass plays, this will help colt and the offense becuase he's not going to be able to quit on the receivers early like he usually does and drop it off to a back for a gain of 2.

As far as next year, assuming we stick with colt, these are my draft expectations depending on where we finish as well the falcons. If with our first pick blackmon or jeffery are available either is a must take in my opinion. If not vontaze burfict, quinton coples, jonathon martin, or any top 5 talent that may have slipped should be the pick. With the falcons pick, I think we take a linebacker unless we did with the first pick in which case I don't think there are any WRs warranting the other first round pick. So either a top corner like Morris Claiborne or Dre Kirkpatrick would be nice there. WIth the Second round I would like to see an O-linemen, assuming we took a Blackmon/Jeffery and a linebacker in the first round. For the second round, I think a corner, DE, or another receiver is the choice. Options range from mohamed sanu, kendall wright, or t.y. hilton, to vinny curry or brandon lindsey who played opposite of jabaal sheard last season at pitt and is expected to be an all big east performer this year.

Defense played with so much emotion last week against Sea. They came off the field hollering and raising all kinds of hell after many of their defensive series. I thought

they actually gained momentum as the game progressed. Seems to me they have bought into D coordinator Jauron's system and their continued improvement has been impressive.

Natural progression should include an increase in the teams turnover differential IF the offense can keep their f ups under control. Hardesty proved he can take a beatin'

and hold on to the rock which is a good sign. Look for the D to further solidify their identity by scoring off of turnovers.

Offensive identity certainly a major issue. I see Little as somebody who can breakout and give the O a shot in the arm by providing some verticality in the passing

game. evan moore has to skills to become a bona fide play maker if he were to become a bigger part of the passing game. Special teams can regain some respect by

protecting dawson and opening up some return lanes for cribbs.

im actually surprised in jaurons performance this year. he's far exceeded my expectations thus far, so i gobble up that crow and smile. with another decent linebacker next year and a corner, this will be a good unit for the foreseeable future.

Look at our defense---Mitchell, Sheard, Taylor, Fujita, Gocong, Ward, Haden, Brown... Thats 8 starters brought in by H & H...

The emphasis has been on defense and its paying dividends... Seems to me just a few years ago we were ranked like 30th out of 32..

Stay with the plan... Next year concentrate on the other side of the ball and we'll be the complete team that contends for the playoffs each year rather than hoping to go 8 & 8...

Like I said at the beginning of the year, this is a year of EVALUATION... We'll keep those who can play and get ride of those that can't...

The defense will keep us in games this year................

Peace

T.Dawg

Archived