THE BROWNS BOARD

49Ers/browns Trivia

The Gipper

I decided to go ahead an do some trivia on the Browns vs. 49ers. See how you do:

1. What is the all time head to head regular season record between the Browns and 49ers?

2. What is the all time head to head postseason record between the Browns and 49ers?

3. Which 2 QBs that at some point led the 49ers in passing yards in a season also at some point led the Browns in passing yards in a season?

4. Which team was the first major professional sports franchise to be located in California: The Seals, Warriors, Giants, Dodgers, Rams, 49ers, Lakers, or Kings?

5. What was the nickname give to the 49ers backfield that consisted of Y.A. Tittle, Joe Perry, Hugh McElheney, and John Henry Johnson?

6. The 49ers began play in 1946 in the AAFC. What was the first year they won a division title?

7. Who did the 49ers trade their first round draft pick in the 1979 draft for?

8. Name 2 other players that were taken by the 49ers in the later rounds of that 1979 draft.

9. What name will the San Francisco 49ers change to when they relocate and build a new stadium in Santa Clara CA in 2015?

10. Where did Bill Walsh coach immediately before becoming the HC of the 49ers?

11. Which former 49ers Head coach was a player for the Browns?

12. Who was the first 49ers player inducted into the Pro Football HOF?

Bonus: As you may all know, Carmen Policy served as the President and CEO of both the 49ers and the Browns at some point. Though he is now retired to his winery, his son holds a position in Football. What is his son's position?

I decided to go ahead an do some trivia on the Browns vs. 49ers. See how you do:

1. What is the all time head to head regular season record between the Browns and 49ers?

17-8 Browns

2. What is the all time head to head postseason record between the Browns and 49ers?

1-0 Browns

3. Which 2 QBs that at some point led the 49ers in passing yards in a season also at some point led the Browns in passing yards in a season?

Holcomb, Tommy O'Connell

4. Which team was the first major professional sports franchise to be located in California: The Seals, Warriors, Giants, Dodgers, Rams, 49ers, Lakers, or Kings?

Rams

5. What was the nickname give to the 49ers backfield that consisted of Y.A. Tittle, Joe Perry, Hugh McElheney, and John Henry Johnson?

4 Horsemen

6. The 49ers began play in 1946 in the AAFC. What was the first year they won a division title?

Never

Joe Montana

8. Name 2 other players that were taken in the later rounds of that 1979 draft.

Tom Cousineau, Tony Dorsett

9. What name will the San Francisco 49ers change to when they relocate and build a new stadium in Santa Clara CA in 2015?

Dick Nolan

Gene Washington

Bonus: As you may all know, Carmen Policy served as the President and CEO of both the 49ers and the Browns at some point. Though he is now retired to his winery, his son holds a position in Football. What is his son's position?

18-8 clev

Never meet since merger

Garcia@?

Giants

8. Name 2 other players that were taken in the later rounds of that 1979 draft.

Bob806 got #s 1 and 2, but no others.

CDL, I am giving him 1 because he is close enough. On # 2: who the hell said anything about "since the merger"? Which merger? There have been at least 2 mergers. There was no such qualification in the question. On #3 you are half right....but then you just quit after that. WTF?

Bob806 got #s 1 and 2, but no others.

CDL, I am giving him 1 because he is close enough. On # 2: who the hell said anything about "since the merger"? Which merger? There have been at least 2 mergers. There was no such qualification in the question. On #3 you are half right....but then you just quit after that. WTF?

didn't want guess or Google sorry

that is a google question

I am going with NEVER

RAMS

tHE jET SET

never

noT jOE MONTANA

8. Name 2 other players that were taken by the 49ers in the later rounds of that 1979 draft.

Jerry Rice and

49ers

Bengals

17-8 you

1-0 you

Garcia and Dilfer

Dodgers?

Million Dollar Backfield

first NFC West title was 1970.. I'm not certain that the AAFC had division titles.. beyond my time by far

O.J. Simpson

Joe in the 3rd and Dwight Clark late.. not sure which round.. talk about a couple steals though

It will not change. That was part of the legislation.

Stanford

I have absolutely no idea

Joe Perry from the aforementioned Million Dollar Backfield and Leo Nomellini (spelling) 1969

I heard he works for the Arena League in the league office. Other than that it's way over my head.

Well I think Joe Montanta was on the Browns when he left the Niners and I know Walsh coached at Stanford. If i'm not mistaken our first Super Bowl was 81 and i'm confused with the whole Divisional Title thing. It was way before my time reagardless. I know our D was called the million dollar back field. And I thought Dwight Clark was never drafted he was discovered when scouting another receiver.

Well I think Joe Montanta was on the Browns when he left the Niners and I know Walsh coached at Stanford. If i'm not mistaken our first Super Bowl was 81 and i'm confused with the whole Divisional Title thing. It was way before my time reagardless. I know our D was called the million dollar back field. And I thought Dwight Clark was never drafted he was discovered when scouting another receiver.

Montana went to the Chiefs after SF. Dilfer played for Cleveland then the Niners, Garcia played for the Niners then Cleveland. Other than that I cannot think of any QBs that were on both teams and started.

The million dollar backfield was the offensive backfield.

Wow...surprise!! The gags no zilch about football....

trivial knowledge =/= football knowledge.

Give this quiz to Jim Harbaugh and he will fail it.

That is part of the problem with football fans. They think that naming players, running off stats and flexing their muscles in trivia means they are a brilliant football mind. It's part of why fantasy football breeds dumbasses in terms of the game who run their mouth about how smart they are.

I appreciate the history of my team but I am not a football maniac. I try to know the stats and players of the present team, but I have trouble keeping up with that. I have a job and other hobbies as well as my family, I'll leave the historic facts to the guys who like that kind of stuff. Doesn't make me a lesser fan or less intelligent because I don't know who was drafted in this year and what happened that year. Choco is a douche, the other browns on this page seem pretty knowledgeable and worth talking football with.

Here I can answer these lol "google" google" and "google"

This is Retarded, now everybody seems really smart!

This is supposed to be on the honor system, not the google system. If you know an answer or think you have a guess, give it. If not, leave it to others to give it their try.

trivial knowledge =/= football knowledge.

Give this quiz to Jim Harbaugh and he will fail it.

That is part of the problem with football fans. They think that naming players, running off stats and flexing their muscles in trivia means they are a brilliant football mind. It's part of why fantasy football breeds dumbasses in terms of the game who run their mouth about how smart they are.

If it bothered you so much, then just stay the f88k off the thread. No one is forcing you to participate.

But, you are the one that got nearly all the right answers.

Can I assume by your attitude that you did in fact cheat and google the answers?

This is about fun and entertainment. If you want to get all serious about matter, then go stick your head in a vat of shit and walk around town awhile. Then you will see how serious people think about you.

I appreciate the history of my team but I am not a football maniac. I try to know the stats and players of the present team, but I have trouble keeping up with that. I have a job and other hobbies as well as my family, I'll leave the historic facts to the guys who like that kind of stuff. Doesn't make me a lesser fan or less intelligent because I don't know who was drafted in this year and what happened that year. Choco is a douche, the other browns on this page seem pretty knowledgeable and worth talking football with.

That is cool. I do this trivia on a weekly basis pretty much. Some guys know a lot, some know a little and give maybe 2 answers and that is all they can give, and that is fine. I have a few that say they can't answer the questions, but like it because it does give them tidbits of information about football that they didn't know.

Since I am leaving town, I will give these answers today:

Browns lead 17-8.

The Browns lead 1-0. The Browns beat the 49ers in the 1949 AAFC championship game 21-7

Jeff Garcia and Trent Dilfer

Actually, it is the 49ers. The 49ers and Rams both began playing in 1946, but the Rams moved to LA to get away from the competition in Cleveland from the Browns who were formed in the AAFC. The 49ers were formed by the AAFC as well, and were in existance in San Fran before the Rams even thought of moving to LA. So, though they began play at the same time, the Niners were located and operating long before the Rams. All the other teams named came later. Some as many as 20 years later..

They were the Million Dollar Backfield. That would be a bargain in today's prices.

They won their first division title in 1970. While they were a very good team in the AAFC, they always played in the same division as The Browns, and were never able to beat out the Browns. After the 1950 merger, the 49ers quality subsided and they were basically a doormat for 20 years until John Brodie etc. came along.

OJ Simpson

Joe Montana in the third round and Dwight Clark in like the 8th or 10th round. They obviousl didn't need a first round choice that year to do well in the draft.

Trick question. It has been announced that there will be no change of name. They will still be the San Francisco 49ers. Do big deal. Numerous NFL teams don't play in the city they are named for: NY Jets and Giants, Washington Redskins, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys etc. And of course some teams cheat by giving themselves state or regional names like New England Pats, Tenn. Tits, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, Carolina Panthers,

The Stanford Cardinal

Monte Clark. A member of the Browns in the 60s. Was 49er HC in 1976

Leo Nomellini or Joe Perry, both inducted in 1969

He is the Asst. Commissioner of the Arena League.

Archived