THE BROWNS BOARD

Funny Thing Happened While Cutting Firewood

calfoxwc

Well, we had this super efficient fireplace insert installed a year ago. Man, it beats electric heat by a hundred miles.

Yesterday afternoon, I was over in a neighbor's field, (they offered me free fallen wild cherry trees to cut up, and it will help them clear their 5 acres next spring)...using my chainsaw,

cutting up trees. Now, wild cherry is my favorite wood to burn - it splits clean, gives off nice heat, and it smells nice.

Well, there I was, cutting this big tree trunk into chunks to be split later. The trunk was about a foot and a half thick there, until I get down to the main trunk, which is

easily twice as big. I was on the 17th cut, when I just finished, and went to move on to the next cut. However, my ankle was grabbed by some nasty briars, and I was losing

my balance. Well, I had waited til the rpm's were down and the chain quit moving. Safety first, second and third, ya know.

So, I simply kept both hands on the chainsaw anyways, and sat down against a bunch of brush behind me. Then I realized I had been punctured several times

on my buttocks by a branch from somewhere that was crabapple. This particular one may have been hawthorn for the length of the thorns, which were an easy

inch and a half long. I ended up with five major, nasty welts.

Seriously - I had a Dr. appt this morning, and the doc had to do some minor surgery to get one broken piece out. With two numbing shots, not any fun either.

It was a 3/8 inch broken piece of barb not close to the surface. It isn't the first time I got hurt on the farm, but they have all been fairly minor except the one where I

slipped on some ice and fell on an old log and sprained my back a few years ago.

Anyways, I realized after this minor surgery, and the shots that numb you but hurt worse at the start...:angry: , that even though I went through getting "nailed" yesterday,

and this morning's humorous to them surgery, and sitting back down.. .eh... carefully,.....at this computer... and getting back on the forum for a few minutes before I go outside and do more stuff...

that Ghoolie's enraged wailing and whining and blasting the Browns and name calling and posting baloney and all his pouty-pouty .... is a bigger pain in the ass.:rolleyes:

Somebody needs to have the "Be Patient" song sung to them.

It's the Browns first year - total new offense and defense, new coaching staff, some new rookies starting...

it isn't the record that is important right now, it's finally being on the trail and getting to where we need to go, after being lost in the woods since 99.

awesome story. makes me miss the country although you've reminded me how at times it can be a dangerous and scary thing.

we got belted last saturday with a mini-blizzard here in ny and some people are just now getting their power back on.....anyways, the building i live in is right on broadway (the same 'broadway' that runs up from nyc and goes north and turns into a highway all the way up to who knows where) and a state trailway called the croton aqueduct. it's a path that is right above the waterways that bring water from the reservoirs upstate to the city. anyways this is the path i use to walk into neighboring villages a couple of miles away when i don't feel like driving. a chance to breath some fresh air.

well yesterday was one of our 'porch gang' days where me and the boys get together, share some libations and shoot the shit. walking into hastings there had to be at least fifty limbs down and i'm not talking little branches. i'm talking halves of trees that had to be hundreds of years old. what a shame. but then again the sounds of chainsaws and wood chippers and landscapers with their 'jetpacks' on gave hope to me that these guys that need that work were getting it. and people that needed free firewood were getting it. and it brought a smile to my face while sitting in my friends back yard sippin on a maker's mark.

as to ghoulie's posts. hey, just cuz you're a republican doesn't mean you're a bad guy. just cuz i'm a liberal piece of shit doesn't make me a bad guy. what that has to do with ghoulie, ummm............

Well, we had this super efficient fireplace insert installed a year ago. Man, it beats electric heat by a hundred miles.

Yesterday afternoon, I was over in a neighbor's field, (they offered me free fallen wild cherry trees to cut up, and it will help them clear their 5 acres next spring)...using my chainsaw,

cutting up trees. Now, wild cherry is my favorite wood to burn - it splits clean, gives off nice heat, and it smells nice.

Well, there I was, cutting this big tree trunk into chunks to be split later. The trunk was about a foot and a half thick there, until I get down to the main trunk, which is

easily twice as big. I was on the 17th cut, when I just finished, and went to move on to the next cut. However, my ankle was grabbed by some nasty briars, and I was losing

my balance. Well, I had waited til the rpm's were down and the chain quit moving. Safety first, second and third, ya know.

So, I simply kept both hands on the chainsaw anyways, and sat down against a bunch of brush behind me. Then I realized I had been punctured several times

on my buttocks by a branch from somewhere that was crabapple. This particular one may have been hawthorn for the length of the thorns, which were an easy

inch and a half long. I ended up with five major, nasty welts.

Seriously - I had a Dr. appt this morning, and the doc had to do some minor surgery to get one broken piece out. With two numbing shots, not any fun either.

It was a 3/8 inch broken piece of barb not close to the surface. It isn't the first time I got hurt on the farm, but they have all been fairly minor except the one where I

slipped on some ice and fell on an old log and sprained my back a few years ago.

Anyways, I realized after this minor surgery, and the shots that numb you but hurt worse at the start...:angry: , that even though I went through getting "nailed" yesterday,

and this morning's humorous to them surgery, and sitting back down.. .eh... carefully,.....at this computer... and getting back on the forum for a few minutes before I go outside and do more stuff...

that Ghoolie's enraged wailing and whining and blasting the Browns and name calling and posting baloney and all his pouty-pouty .... is a bigger pain in the ass.:rolleyes:

YOUR BASIC PREMISE IS WRONG..................NO FIREPLACE IS HEAT EFFICIENT AS A GOOD FURNACE..............BUT YOU DO WHAT YOU DO INSULT A PRESIDENT INHERITING THE MESS THE GUY YOU ADORE CREATED SUPPORTING THE PARTY THAT FUWAKED AMERICA AND OH YEAH ADULATING HOW THE OL IS KEY WHEN IT IS DIME A DOZEN AND HAS NEVER WON SQUAT FOR ANY TEAM

YOU GO CAL YOU THE MAN FOR TEARING DOWN ALL THAT IS GOOD AND SUPPORTING ALL THAT LOSES

YOUR BASIC PREMISE IS WRONG..................NO FIREPLACE IS HEAT EFFICIENT AS A GOOD FURNACE..............BUT YOU DO WHAT YOU DO INSULT A PRESIDENT INHERITING THE MESS THE GUY YOU ADORE CREATED SUPPORTING THE PARTY THAT FUWAKED AMERICA AND OH YEAH ADULATING HOW THE OL IS KEY WHEN IT IS DIME A DOZEN AND HAS NEVER WON SQUAT FOR ANY TEAM

YOU GO CAL YOU THE MAN FOR TEARING DOWN ALL THAT IS GOOD AND SUPPORTING ALL THAT LOSES

Wow. You are steeler fan that believes offense wins championships and lineman are a dime a dozen, AND you're a liberal? But I guess that really shouldn't come as a surprise.

You probably should have kept that a secret though. King Ghoolie won't be too happy with you.. And you wouldn't want to let down the only guy that has actually ever agreed with you..

Rich, I didn't say anything about comparing it to a real furnace as far as efficiency goes. But, it gives out a lot of wonderful heat, with the blower that comes on when it's warm enough. It's simply a much, much warmer heat.

It heats our entire ranch with the cathedral ceiling fan on. And it's free. Doesn't cost anything but the initial investment. It will have paid for itself already a year from this nov..

Beat that for cost effectiveness.

I love the country, love the farm. We're going to buy a combine this winter. It sits so high, I can see over Ghoolie and Rich's self-inflated egoes. egos? egoes. egos. dammit.

It's getting near time to patrol our woods for errant? deer hunters. But I don't think we'll have that problem anymore.

With some of the animals around here, we need a game warden, although our current mods do a fine job,

especially since they didn't delete my post for "buttocks". B)

Anyways, it's a true story, and I figured a couple of sane people would enjoy it. ;)

Funny thing happen while bowling... I got drunk. I think about the Browns. I'm always thinking about the Browns. I've been reading here a lot… I read what everyone has to say. The negativity pisses me off. I can’t help it. The Browns are like an obsession. I know they suck this year, like too many times over the last decade, plus… Every Browns fan has the right to be pissed. This team is horrible… Well, the offense is for sure… You can say F the o-line “dime a dozen” etc… The reality is that EVERY position is important. The Browns suck because of bad drafting, regime changes, bad everything, the clear example of how not to make the playoffs… On a tangent, I think nothing was worse than the end of the 2008 season when Crennel was coaching. That was the low for me. I wanted Mangini to do well, and now… Now we’re officially in the Holmgren era with Shurmur… I’m giving patience. How?.. Can you ask? With so much Sucktitude?... Here is my logic: Defense is OK… Offense needs weapons like I need some extra pussy. This will be addressed in the next draft. Remember, we have two first rounds. Colt is trying too hard… He may not be the long term solution, but he is our “stop-gap leader”. (bear with me.) He needs some WR’s and the D needs a nasty f’g LB who will intimidate some opposing offenses. As for Shurmur, give the f’g guy a chance. This is his fist HC gig. We can’t run every coach out of town every 2 or 3 years. Let fat ass Holmgren call the shots and see if shit will work... Who thought the Browns would be contenders this year? Not me. Let’s see how these f’r’s play the rest of the year… Go Browns.

first yeah calofaxs posts and thought "what a dick". cuz everything about him politically and brownss fans-wise i thought he was a dick.

the guy comes on here, posts a true life to death situation and i felt it compelling.

no i might not agree with his politics but like i said before, it doesn't make him a bad guy.

as a matter of fact rich could you even hold up a chainsaw with your weak pruny arms before it landed full rpms on you bony hairy knee? and if it did would you cry bloody murder and have some ambulance come get ya and blame it on someone else??

yeah, you would.

first yeah calofaxs posts and thought "what a dick". cuz everything about him politically and brownss fans-wise i thought he was a dick.

the guy comes on here, posts a true life to death situation and i felt it compelling.

no i might not agree with his politics but like i said before, it doesn't make him a bad guy.

as a matter of fact rich could you even hold up a chainsaw with your weak pruny arms before it landed full rpms on you bony hairy knee? and if it did would you cry bloody murder and have some ambulance come get ya and blame it on someone else??

yeah, you would.

gotta say, i've been thinking about saying what milk has for quite a while... Cal, when you're not wearing your politics on your sleeve, I really enjoy reading your posts, man... They're well written and thoughtful. You're always upbeat and positive about the state of the team; a Browns fan through the good and bad.

And you certainly make the country life sound pretty appealing. I don't like your politics, but you sound like a really straight up guy.

Sorry you got hurt, dude... But it did make for a good story.

It's nice to know that despite the fact that I'm full of baloney on the other board,

I'm still appreciated for not being too much of a cowpie. Now that's also country.

Now, if Bunker would just delete his stupid arse revolting picture out of this thread,

I'd be happier.

And I have mega farm work to do. Dig potatoes, pick dried beans, catagorize saved seed,

finish greenhouse door etc, check out apparent slight hole in muffler on truck, cut more wood

and split and stack it all, feed the neighbor's horses later, hike through the woods, clean out the shed,

change oil in truck, put new blueberry bushes in garden, mulch the fruit trees.

I do a lot of stuff so I can go hug my wonderful cute Wife and make her laugh in between jobs.

And the bonus is, if there's something that I can't figure out for anything or can't make work, she simply

figures it out for me in about two seconds. @@

I'm tired already. crap.:D

its okay little man momma's gonna make evrything alright. and momma knows you are da big navy man that all other navy men love you're bakers dozen

French_Navy.jpg

You got something against the Navy Bunker? Who the hell are you to post these pictures of you and Inspecta out and about? You wouldn't last one day on a ship.

Cal, that had to be a pain in the ass---no pun intended...

I believe you have to be a special breed to be a farmer---not my cup of tea..

In 1970 I was with a touring rock band and our home station was a farm house on 200 acres in northern West Virginia... The bass players father raised and raced horses and also did the corn and soybean thing.. The deal was we could live on the farm rent free but twice a year we had to help make hay... I've never worked so hard in my entire life... Right then and there I decided that the closest I'd get to produce was in the super market...

Peace

T.Dawg

We cut hay four times this year. Cutting it is no problem, baling is fun, that baler kicker punts those bales up into the air and into the kicker wagon .... priceless.

But every so often, the bales get stuck in the kicker, I think because we made our bales a little smaller - it's for horses, not cattle...

When the bale gets stuck, I turn the tractor off (for safety), and I get out and pull the bale out, and toss it up into the kicker wagon.

Which, was a fair test of my repaired shoulder. I tried throwing it up there with just my right arm.... but that just resulted in the bale

bouncing off the wagon and over me, since I ducked. Hey, I'm not that big, I figured it was a dumb move to try it. LOL

But, in the middle of all that, I was getting tired, and sweat was running into my eyes, and it was time for some Browns football.

The whole rig was shut down for three hours. That old saying: "Make hay while the sun shines, unless the Browns game is going to be starting" is my hay motto.B)

Archived