THE BROWNS BOARD

Candidates For New Management

marcus

In light of what you insightful gentlemen have been saying all season (you know who you are). I'm honestly saying I agree with you for the most part. However, the question has to be asked what happens from this day forward? What do you all suggest? Some of you boast business degrees and managerial experience. Why not attempt to put that to use for this team? You are unhappy with management, and the current roster but are not in any position to effect any change. Why not put yourselves there? If you won't do that, what will you do as a disgruntled fan? Will you not root for this team? Will you organize a march on the stadium like the one that was done a few years ago? You've screamed and insulted over and over again but not a thing has been done on your end to turn this thing around. Some of you gallivant around on this site about how much smarter you are than the rest of the fans on here but have yet to come forward with any type of plan of action. Kinda leading from the rear if you will. I have been a fan of this team all 29 years of my life and have only seen a handful of winning teams. Do I like it...no not one bit. However, I like most of us on here lack the necessary resources to effect change how we would see fit. With that said, us "kool aid" drinkers and "homers" and whatever other insults that come to mind...have only two options....continue to root for this team (regardless of win/loss ratio) or find another team to root for. If you feel the reason for lack luster performance is from faulty leadership....provide some of your own. It's so much easier to criticize and ridicule from the outside of the glass house...try living in it.

Or option number 3....fall off into apathy. My argument from the beginning when the homers thought fatass was gonna save this franchise was simply....what exactly has he done? He was a successful coach....that's all. He's not a coach here. Do u forget Seattle relieved him of his VP/GM duties in '02 due to his mishandleing of that team?

Besides heckert....who's been satisfactory thus far....start rattling off what he's done well in his current role here?

Or option number 3....fall off into apathy. My argument from the beginning when the homers thought fatass was gonna save this franchise was simply....what exactly has he done? He was a successful coach....that's all. He's not a coach here. Do u forget Seattle relieved him of his VP/GM duties in '02 due to his mishandleing of that team?

Besides heckert....who's been satisfactory thus far....start rattling off what he's done well in his current role here?

I agree with the OP...how in the hell do you know who has done what on this team...to be able to determine one thing from another? To be able to judge based on what little knowledge we as "fans...aka cool aid drinkers" have? I admit right up front i've never even played organized football in my life, and what little knowledge I do have comes from video game football which is to say very little. But honestly the constant bashing only makes the bashers look like a-holes. I used to come to these forums because it was a good place to hang out and read about my fav football team. It gets harder and harder to deal with because of the constant insults. Lets see any one of you do a better job than our front office has done currently...until then continue to make yourself look like the asses you are while sitting behind your computer screen playing with yourselves...

This was not a defense of Holmgren or Heckart. The purpose of this post was to see if any of us on here that are that discontent will step up and do the job everyone else has failed at since '99. I personally feel that it's harder to erase a decade of suck than a decade of success. Some problems could be addressed in free agency while others are in the draft. What gets old is some of the guys that seriously love this team get hounded by those that clearly don't. Meanwhile those that don't have their reasons and they're good reasons for the most part. Trouble is...as adamant as they put on to be...not a one of them has even said that they'd be willing to try to take over the team. Moreover, none of them really state how they would run the team. They've been given opportunities but none have yet to give any credible insight on what they would do differently let alone better. It's almost like they have this need to be condescending about everything and with everyone not like minded. Instead of getting mad at those of that ilk I have simple posed the questions yet again in attempt to garner intelligent responses. I don't have to sling shit to have a conversation...even if I strongly disagree. This whole thing is essentially a challenge for those that are beyond discontent. While I don't like the way they present their opinion they often make good and insightful points. Don't always agree with them...but that's ok. I just wonder how they would run this team. To be fair why not everyone that's interested chime in.

to work in the front office.

Do you bear an unsettling resemblance to a penguinn or a walrus?

Are you able to make fans beleive we are on the right path even though your team is going no where?

Do you love slow untalented players more than your own mama?

Are you content with being poor to medicore?

Are you jewish?

If the answer is yes to any of those questions, contact Randy Lerner immediatley. An employment opportunity may be waiting for you!

Archived