THE BROWNS BOARD

Suck For Luck

AlbinoRhino40

I'm watching the Packers play, and I swear if Andrew Luck is supposed to be anywhere near as good as Aaron Rodgers then I want him... no matter what it takes.

I say trade our 2 1st rounders this year, a 2013 1st rounder, plus whatever else it would take to move up and draft him.

Seriously, we could get a RT and veteran WR in FA next year. Draft a OLB in the 2nd round. And, make a couple moves to shore up our secondary and help the RB corps.

Rodgers, Brady, Manning (when healthy), little Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees.... these guys MAKE their teams. Seriously, the Packers talent is only the "Packers" talent because Rodgers is so damn good...

It's a QBs league, and I want an elite one... NOW!!!!

What do you guys think?

How can anyone "predict" how good he will be in the NFL? Why not just trade for Matt Leinert? I hear he's supposed to be the next Payton Manning out of college...oh wait...he sucks...give it a rest already...like we can influence the FO in any way shape or form...blithering idiots all over the place...

How can anyone "predict" how good he will be in the NFL? Why not just trade for Matt Leinert? I hear he's supposed to be the next Payton Manning out of college...oh wait...he sucks...give it a rest already...like we can influence the FO in any way shape or form...blithering idiots all over the place...

Leinart was not, anywhere nearly, as highly touted as Luck... and if I recall correctly he fell pretty far in the draft... nice try though

Not trying to influence the FO, just making my opinion heard on a message board... isn't that the point of these things

Thanks for playing

Next...

I'm watching the Packers play, and I swear if Andrew Luck is supposed to be anywhere near as good as Aaron Rodgers then I want him... no matter what it takes.

I say trade our 2 1st rounders this year, a 2013 1st rounder, plus whatever else it would take to move up and draft him.

Seriously, we could get a RT and veteran WR in FA next year. Draft a OLB in the 2nd round. And, make a couple moves to shore up our secondary and help the RB corps.

Rodgers, Brady, Manning (when healthy), little Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Brees.... these guys MAKE their teams. Seriously, the Packers talent is only the "Packers" talent because Rodgers is so damn good...

What do you guys think?

I been saying we need a QB for ten years and we blew it on Couch, and blew it on Quinn and stuck with those bofos for eight years ..........................and we finally got a guy with guts and some of us want to throw the best player we got Colt McCoy under the bus because he has the worst tools I have ever seen to make things happen..............

we have done everything wrong for 11 years and NOW i guess it is time to blame it on Colt instead we have a roulette wheel and wasting expensive monies on dime a dozen OL guys

I get it, Ghoolie gets, when is more than two going to get it......................when that happens maybe just maybe Brownstown management will get on board .......................until then keep doing what we do make sure we lose.....

until we have a quorum, we are doomed to keep losing and keep doing the same dumbass things

Honestly,

I'm not blaming Colt at all... I love the kid, his heart and "never give up" attitude, but...

I don't think he has the skills to make the guys around him better. Keep him on as a backup, he would make make a great one, he's football smart and will do ANYTHING to win. I just don't see him as the kind of QB that leads a team to a Super Bowl.

What do you guys think?

I don't think Luck will be any better than Colt at handing off up the middle on 2nd and 9 when you are down by 21 points.

Adding Luck to this head coach's team would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

I don't think Luck will be any better than Colt at handing off up the middle on 2nd and 9 when you are down by 21 points.

Adding Luck to this head coach's team would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

Seriously???

I get it that Shurmus's playcalling has been SH**, but he did pretty well with Bradford (who is more talented than McCoy) and the Rams Offense which was pretty devoid of talent. I just don't think the personnel fit what Shurmur wants to do, and he isn't experienced enough to figure out what to do when his plan isn't working.

Holmgren already said that he plans to hire a OC during the offseason, which I think will help. I'd rather him hire a coach, or come down and coach himself, and demote Shurmur to OC.

Either way, IMHO Luck would definetly make this team better...

again, that is no hate on McCoy...

Luck would get killed, he's bigger and more of a target than McCoy.

The Browns need to draft two offensive linemen. A RT in the second or third round, preferable third if possible,

and a huge, buttkicking OG in the fourth or fifth round. That's if there are no FA's to nab to come in and solve the Browns oline problems.

Pinkston is a backup OG, not powerful.

Once again to Ghoolie and Rich and whomever else thinks they are NFL calibur...PROVE IT...get signed by Lerner and take over if you're so damned smart...

your a friigging genious what you said is impeccable undefeatable and masterly stupid

why dont you spend your life to get and get it happen to make me GM and watch us win

otherwise just blow smoke out your ass as your last

thanks for another idiotic content missing flame throwing dumbass post

Luck would get killed, he's bigger and more of a target than McCoy.

The Browns need to draft two offensive linemen. A RT in the second or third round, preferable third if possible,

and a huge, buttkicking OG in the fourth or fifth round. That's if there are no FA's to nab to come in and solve the Browns oline problems.

Pinkston is a backup OG, not powerful.

I understand that O-line is important, not dime-a-dozen, but we already have middle-round picks in Pinkston and Lavuo. Steinbach will be back next year. All we REALLY need on the line for 2012 is a RT. Pashos is a bum, and if we could stabilize that spot, the O-line would get back into shape... in theory

What do you guys think?

Geez, since me and Ghoolie have been saying for ten years this is what it is, are we ready to go for a stud franchise QB, we passed on so many especially Ben, naw we need a right tackle that is what the experts here say, as dumb as they are

your a friigging genious what you said is impeccable undefeatable and masterly stupid

why dont you spend your life to get and get it happen to make me GM and watch us win

Er...what? This post is completely incoherent.

I understand that O-line is important, not dime-a-dozen, but we already have middle-round picks in Pinkston and Lavuo. Steinbach will be back next year. All we REALLY need on the line for 2012 is a RT. Pashos is a bum, and if we could stabilize that spot, the O-line would get back into shape... in theory

AR40.

I believe the Browns are happy with Lauvao's progress.

But Pinkston doesn't seem to have the strength to hold up, and I read somewhere

that he doesn't like the weight room. That could be bogus...

but Pinkston needs to be a lot stronger I think.

A new OG would replace him, I'm thinkin.

But RT is a disaster for the Browns offense. If the Browns pick one in the second round, I'd be happy.

Hell, I wouldn't complain if they traded down and picked on in the first round.

AR40.

I believe the Browns are happy with Lauvao's progress.

But Pinkston doesn't seem to have the strength to hold up, and I read somewhere

that he doesn't like the weight room. That could be bogus...

but Pinkston needs to be a lot stronger I think.

A new OG would replace him, I'm thinkin.

But RT is a disaster for the Browns offense. If the Browns pick one in the second round, I'd be happy.

Hell, I wouldn't complain if they traded down and picked on in the first round.

Plus, we didn't draft Pinkston to start at LG this year. He just happened to have a decent camp and fit the bill after steinbach went down.

I just think we need too much outside talent on O and D to spend an early pick on o-line

I been saying we need a QB for ten years and we blew it on Couch, and blew it on Quinn and stuck with those bofos for eight years ..........................and we finally got a guy with guts and some of us want to throw the best player we got Colt McCoy under the bus because he has the worst tools I have ever seen to make things happen..............

we have done everything wrong for 11 years and NOW i guess it is time to blame it on Colt instead we have a roulette wheel and wasting expensive monies on dime a dozen OL guys

I get it, Ghoolie gets, when is more than two going to get it......................when that happens maybe just maybe Brownstown management will get on board .......................until then keep doing what we do make sure we lose.....

until we have a quorum, we are doomed to keep losing and keep doing the same dumbass things

Actually Ghoolie is on record as saying Colt McCoy blows. So I guess you both can't "get it" now can you?

Is this even in the English language? LOL go back to skool and get an education Dick Tracy...

Geez, since me and Ghoolie have been saying for ten years this is what it is, are we ready to go for a stud franchise QB, we passed on so many especially Ben, naw we need a right tackle that is what the experts here say, as dumb as they are

You are undoubtedly full of crap. You wanted no part of BR at the time. Second guessing is what I think you are best at.

What do you guys think?

I think if the Colts land the first pick, it's untradable whatever we offer them.

I happen to think you can win a Super Bowl with an average quarterback as long as the rest of your team is really good. BTW,

you're over rating Eli Manning, got a resident Giants fan at work. Inconsistent as hell- and won a Super Bowl on the back of Osi Umeuora, and a miracle "catch it off my helmet" play. Rivers has thrown for a ton of yards this year, and has also thrown a ton of picks- including a couple last week that got the Chargers beat.

Think about this one. IIRC there have been two "give up the ranch" trades in NFL history. Ditka giving up his entire draft for Ricky Williams, and the Vikes selling the farm to land Hershel Walker. Both turned out badly for the teams that initiated them- and it turned the Cowboys into a Super Bowl team with all the picks they got.

This year is loaded with QB prospects. No reason to trade a lot of picks for one guy. We can easily take a chance on one of the other QBs without breaking the bank.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I'd like to have Luck, but there are plenty of qbs with a lot of upside this year.

This year is loaded with QB prospects. No reason to trade a lot of picks for one guy. We can easily take a chance on one of the other QBs without breaking the bank.

No, except for Luck, this crop of QBs is a pretty mediocre bunch. It doesn't match up to last year's "crop" even.

No, except for Luck, this crop of QBs is a pretty mediocre bunch. It doesn't match up to last year's "crop" even.

Seriously?

Percent complete isn't everything but these are more than mediocre QBs.

Matt Barkley 67%

Landry Jones 64%

Robert Griffin 74%

Kellen Moore 74%

Russel Wilson 72%

Case Keenum 74%

Not saying all will be all stars, but there's a lot of potential with these guys if they all come out.

Seriously?

Percent complete isn't everything but these are more than mediocre QBs.

Matt Barkley 67%

Landry Jones 64%

Robert Griffin 74%

Kellen Moore 74%

Russel Wilson 72%

Case Keenum 74%

Not saying all will be all stars, but there's a lot of potential with these guys if they all come out.

Yea, seriously. The bunch you mention above is not rated as high, prospectwise, I do not believe, as the group of Newton, Locker, Ponder, Gabbert, Dalton, Mallet, Kaepernick.

Archived