THE BROWNS BOARD

My Soap Box To Get Browns Right

tampadawgs

OK since we know that the Browns Offense is not that good, I wanted to see where the top 10 at QB,RB,WR where drafted...This is by yards so take it for what is worth

QB

1 Drew Brees 2nd round

2 Tom Brady 6th round

3 Ben Roethlisberger 1st round

4 Aaron Rodgers 1st round

5 Philip Rivers 1st round

6 Cam Newton 1st round

7 Eli Manning 1st round

8 Tony Romo Undrafted

9 Matt Schaub 3rd round

Cleveland Browns- Colt Mccoy 3rd round

RB

1 Fred Jackson undrafted

2 Adrian Peterson 1st round

3 Frank Gore 3rd round

4 LeSean McCoy 2nd round

5 Maurice Jones-Drew 2nd round

6 Michael Turner 5th round

7 Matt Forte 2nd round

8 Arian Foster Undrafted

9 Willis McGahee 1st round

9 Ben Tate 2nd round

11 Darren McFadden 1st round

WR

1 Wes Welker Undrafted

2 Steve Smith 3rd round

3 Mike Wallace 3rd round

4 Calvin Johnson 1st round

5 Jimmy Graham 3rd round

6 Greg Jennings 2nd round

7 Dwayne Bowe 1st round

7 Larry Fitzgerald 1st round

9 Brandon Marshall 4th round

10 Anquan Boldin 2nd round

As you can see there are some player in the top 10 that either did not get drafted went went late

QB- you get your QB in the first 2 rounds....We have drafted two since we came back Couch and Quinn, Couch I think could have been a good QB. Quinn bad pick

WR- its hit or miss, we have spent ALOT of second round picks on Wide-Outs, some of them could have been really good, but never have had a QB get them the ball. Now there are the Clvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald of the world that you do not pass up no matter what. The Browns should have at least one of the can not miss wide-outs coming out-Jefferies and Blackmon. One of these players should be there, if thats the case it should be a quick easy pick for the Browns

RB- You can get a Running back anywhere in the draft....again there are a few you do not pass up like AP, and the Browns did that. We all know that was a mistake. Thomas is a great tackle, but is no AP you just cant pass up a player like that.

If the BRowns just take the best player on the board at the time of there picks, we will be set up with our playmaker at wide-out. The problem is that we keep making misake after mistake in the draft. Now the last 2 yrs have been solid, but it looks like Sheard was our best pick in the second round. Taylor looks to be pretty good also, but Do not think he was worth a middle round 1st round pick. I do like the fact we traded down, for this yr, so we can have 2 first round picks. I know that alot of people hated the idea because of Jones, but this yr is the yr to have two 1st round picks, this draft is loaded everywhere but running back. Richerson is the only bac that should go in the first round, now Boom Haren of OSU would be a great 3rd or 4th round pick, his stock is at all time low because he missed the first 6 weeks, but Haren can run the ball.

Again if the Browns just draft the best player on the board, no matter where they play, we will be good togo.

Then go get some O-line FA and vet WR and more defense

If they do all these thing the Browns will quickly bounce back, now I know that FA half to want to come here without overpaying for them

1st Jefferies or Blackman

1st Burfict

2nd Minifield ( homar pick)

3rd James (Oregan)

4th Haren

You then would have Little, Blackmon, MoMass, Cribbs at WR. James, Haren, Hardesty at RB. Minifield and Haden At corner and DQ and CG and Burfict at LB. Burfict will make our D-line really good, to the point that Taylot could have a pro bowl type yr...

Keep Colt for another yr, if he cant make it happen with all the new players, then go ahead and draft another QB the following yr. Lets have a QB start at least 2 yrs in a row in Cleveland

My Soap Box, my thoughts

OK since we know that the Browns Offense is not that good, I wanted to see where the top 10 at QB,RB,WR where drafted...This is by yards so take it for what is worth

QB

1 Drew Brees 2nd round

2 Tom Brady 6th round

3 Ben Roethlisberger 1st round

4 Aaron Rodgers 1st round

5 Philip Rivers 1st round

6 Cam Newton 1st round

7 Eli Manning 1st round

8 Tony Romo Undrafted

9 Matt Schaub 3rd round

Cleveland Browns- Colt Mccoy 3rd round

RB

1 Fred Jackson undrafted

2 Adrian Peterson 1st round

3 Frank Gore 3rd round

4 LeSean McCoy 2nd round

5 Maurice Jones-Drew 2nd round

6 Michael Turner 5th round

7 Matt Forte 2nd round

8 Arian Foster Undrafted

9 Willis McGahee 1st round

9 Ben Tate 2nd round

11 Darren McFadden 1st round

WR

1 Wes Welker Undrafted

2 Steve Smith 3rd round

3 Mike Wallace 3rd round

4 Calvin Johnson 1st round

5 Jimmy Graham 3rd round

6 Greg Jennings 2nd round

7 Dwayne Bowe 1st round

7 Larry Fitzgerald 1st round

9 Brandon Marshall 4th round

10 Anquan Boldin 2nd round

As you can see there are some player in the top 10 that either did not get drafted went went late

QB- you get your QB in the first 2 rounds....We have drafted two since we came back Couch and Quinn, Couch I think could have been a good QB. Quinn bad pick

WR- its hit or miss, we have spent ALOT of second round picks on Wide-Outs, some of them could have been really good, but never have had a QB get them the ball. Now there are the Clvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald of the world that you do not pass up no matter what. The Browns should have at least one of the can not miss wide-outs coming out-Jefferies and Blackmon. One of these players should be there, if thats the case it should be a quick easy pick for the Browns

RB- You can get a Running back anywhere in the draft....again there are a few you do not pass up like AP, and the Browns did that. We all know that was a mistake. Thomas is a great tackle, but is no AP you just cant pass up a player like that.

If the BRowns just take the best player on the board at the time of there picks, we will be set up with our playmaker at wide-out. The problem is that we keep making misake after mistake in the draft. Now the last 2 yrs have been solid, but it looks like Sheard was our best pick in the second round. Taylor looks to be pretty good also, but Do not think he was worth a middle round 1st round pick. I do like the fact we traded down, for this yr, so we can have 2 first round picks. I know that alot of people hated the idea because of Jones, but this yr is the yr to have two 1st round picks, this draft is loaded everywhere but running back. Richerson is the only bac that should go in the first round, now Boom Haren of OSU would be a great 3rd or 4th round pick, his stock is at all time low because he missed the first 6 weeks, but Haren can run the ball.

Again if the Browns just draft the best player on the board, no matter where they play, we will be good togo.

If they do all these thing the Browns will quickly bounce back, now I know that FA half to want to come here without overpaying for them

1st Burfict

3rd James (Oregan)

4th Haren

You then would have Little, Blackmon, MoMass, Cribbs at WR. James, Haren, Hardesty at RB. Minifield and Haden At corner and DQ and CG and Burfict at LB. Burfict will make our D-line really good, to the point that Taylot could have a pro bowl type yr...

Keep Colt for another yr, if he cant make it happen with all the new players, then go ahead and draft another QB the following yr. Lets have a QB start at least 2 yrs in a row in Cleveland

My Soap Box, my thoughts

Just a really dumb thought (based on total frustration from the games this season) but could we spend our two firsts and second on the OL (at least two of them). In combination with JT at RT and Mack at C, we could have an O-line that could last us for another decade. The OL line could give us more running lanes and better protection for Colt.

Just a really dumb thought (based on total frustration from the games this season) but could we spend our two firsts and second on the OL (at least two of them). In combination with JT at RT and Mack at C, we could have an O-line that could last us for another decade. The OL line could give us more running lanes and better protection for Colt.

Sure we would improve some but we have too many holes to use the entire early rounds on one position. I say draft a guard in round 3 and try to find a good guard in free agency in case Steinbach still can't play. The 2 1st rounders and 2nd rounder should be used on WR, LB, and RB. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting 1 lineman in the 1st or 2nd round, but I'm hopeful Steinbach can play next year..

1st Burfict

3rd James (Oregan)

4th Haren

My Soap Box, my thoughts

Your mock draft seems reasonable, but I'm not sure James will be on the board in round 3..

Based on the standings as they are right now, today in the NFL, the Browns, with their own pick would have the 9th, 10th, or 11th pick

(FYI, the top pick would go to Indy, 2 and 3 to Miami and St. Louis, and Jax, Ariz., Sea., Caro. and Minn. would get the next picks)

With Atlanta's pick we would get somewhere between the 19th and 26th pick

Here are some potential person that may be available with those picks at positions of need for the Browns:

9-11:

Trent Richardson RB Alabama

Mike Adams OT Ohio St

Zach Brown OLB North Carolina

Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma

Morris Claiborne Corner LSU

Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina

Dre Kirkpatrick C Alabama

19-26:

Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame

Justin Blackmon WR Ok. State

Vontaze Burfict LB Ariz. St.

Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame

Chase Minniefield, C Virg.

I believe the Browns should draft 2 OL in the first round.

Why stop now?

Tom the O-line is a mess outside of Thomas and Mack. Pashos can't stay healthy. You can get a really good RT in the second round- they're usually drafted there. I'm not saying we should.

If Blackmon happens to fall to the Browns it's a no brainer pick. (I've seen some mock drafts having him go right after Luck). The other pick should be a LB on the order of a James Harrison or Clay Matthers Jr. You saw yesterday what happens when your linbackers can't shoot gaps, and get blown out of the platy.

Based on the standings as they are right now, today in the NFL, the Browns, with their own pick would have the 9th, 10th, or 11th pick

(FYI, the top pick would go to Indy, 2 and 3 to Miami and St. Louis, and Jax, Ariz., Sea., Caro. and Minn. would get the next picks)

With Atlanta's pick we would get somewhere between the 19th and 26th pick

Here are some potential person that may be available with those picks at positions of need for the Browns:

9-11:

Trent Richardson RB Alabama

Mike Adams OT Ohio St

Zach Brown OLB North Carolina

Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma

Morris Claiborne Corner LSU

Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina

Dre Kirkpatrick C Alabama

19-26:

Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame

Justin Blackmon WR Ok. State

Vontaze Burfict LB Ariz. St.

Manti Te'o LB Notre Dame

Chase Minniefield, C Virg.

No way Blackmon gets out of the top 10, probably not out of the top 5.

Archived